DUNE 2 is out now!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DUNE 3

@ ENV1: Can you explain a little more what you mean with clicks or spits? I fail to hear what you mean in your sound example, even tried with headphones, but i can't hear something out of the norm really, maybe it's just me.

mcnoone wrote:I'm getting audio off in left speaker, on about 10 out of 50 presets. Seems like it's the same presets doing it too.
Even after starting a new project and reloading it.
Anyone else have this issue?
I have not had this issue. Which patches specifically ? I'll test them when I get home tonight.......... :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

ENV1 wrote:Then again it probably doesnt matter anyway.
ENV1, I had confirmed the issue with Dune 1 and tested it with an earlier D2 Beta and found the issue was fixed. I have not tested with the release version but I can't imagine why the issue would suddenly reappear. Post the exact patch you are using and I'll test it again when I get home......... :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

carrieres wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:I wish there were a few more classic patches, and an init patch.
if you click on the patch menu, you can choose to initialize patch
Ah, thank you :)

One comment regarding the knobs. I think it would be better to make the first LED segment light up as soon as the value is not 0.0. Currently it is dark at 1%. Since one cannot see the difference between 0 and 1% it would be more informative to see it at one glance.

How do I set a negative filter envelope amount? Via the matrix?

fluffy_little_something wrote:How do I set a negative filter envelope amount? Via the matrix?
Yes. Source: Filter Env (or whatever source you want to use), Destination: Filter Cutoff, Amount -1 to -100 :)

Teksonik wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:How do I set a negative filter envelope amount? Via the matrix?
Yes. Source: Filter Env (or whatever source you want to use), Destination: Filter Cutoff, Amount -1 to -100 :)
Ah, ok. That moves the 0 position of the amount knob accordingly, i.e. at a matrix setting of -30% the knob zero position is at +30%.

The action curve of the decay knobs is odd, at 50% decay is still very short.

chk071 wrote:@ ENV1: Can you explain a little more what you mean with clicks or spits?
Afraid not. If you really cannot hear it in the WAV there is nothing else i can do except verbally describing it as spits and clicks.
Teksonik wrote:ENV1, I had confirmed the issue with Dune 1 and tested it with an earlier D2 Beta and found the issue was fixed. I have not tested with the release version but I can't imagine why the issue would suddenly reappear. Post the exact patch you are using and I'll test it again when I get home......... :)
I cannot post any presets because i cant save any. But you can use the screenshot of the UI for reference. You can also check out the audio, you will find its exactly what we had with DUNE back then.

PS: I will now bow out of this thread. My intention was not to start a discussion, i merely wanted to inform the developer that the issue from back then persists. This i have done, the rest is up to Richard. Please lets just leave it at that.

Bug report ...

The AU version (in Logic) is not resetting the audio output when the transport is stopped / started. This means that any notes that are were still active e.g. in the release phase from the previous run, will fade out when the transport is restarted.

Peace,
Andy.
... space is the place ...

I did have a few problems with the Au in S1. It comes in full a big overload on the sound and crashes as well. But the vst2 is fine in S1. :)
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

AU is fine here in logicX. spent a LONG TIME playing with D2 yesterday. so far loving it...

ENV1 wrote:
chk071 wrote:@ ENV1: Can you explain a little more what you mean with clicks or spits?
Afraid not. If you really cannot hear it in the WAV there is nothing else i can do except verbally describing it as spits and clicks.
Teksonik wrote:ENV1, I had confirmed the issue with Dune 1 and tested it with an earlier D2 Beta and found the issue was fixed. I have not tested with the release version but I can't imagine why the issue would suddenly reappear. Post the exact patch you are using and I'll test it again when I get home......... :)
I cannot post any presets because i cant save any. But you can use the screenshot of the UI for reference. You can also check out the audio, you will find its exactly what we had with DUNE back then.

PS: I will now bow out of this thread. My intention was not to start a discussion, i merely wanted to inform the developer that the issue from back then persists. This i have done, the rest is up to Richard. Please lets just leave it at that.

I also hope Richard will respond to that.

Love the green skin :D But I don't like that Synapse logo shadow on the display, it is distracting.

I also think there should be an automatic volume compensation when increasing the number of waves for the oscillators and they are set to Reset. The point of more waves is to detune them and change the sound character, else I can simply use one wave and increase the volume slider/knob when I don't use any detune and spread.

The lp/bp type combinations were my favorite in dune 1, its a shame those weren't improved or kept in dune 2. Also the legacy filters as effects don't have a res knob? With all the new fx and new filters though I don't think I will miss this too much. The mseg envelopes are pretty interesting so far, any tutorials out or in the works to explain this in depth? Also I would have loved to have a formant filter, expecially for the formant waves which sound brilliant. Using quickquack pitchwheel now though for the formant filter, good combo!

Any chance of a skinnable release?
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Is the synth as good as the original book?

Bubbamusic wrote:Is the synth as good as the original book?
I tried placing the book in one of my tracks, but really I think the synth sounded much better :hihi:
... space is the place ...

Just had a go. Very nice update. I think I will be using this very much. Is there an INIT patch to make presets with?
Might have to emulate some Virus stuff.

Return to “Instruments”