DUNE 2 is out now!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DUNE 3

osiris wrote:Is there an INIT patch to make presets with?
Click the "Preset" button to the right of "Soundbank" in the main display.
... space is the place ...

osiris wrote:Just had a go. Very nice update. I think I will be using this very much. Is there an INIT patch to make presets with?
Might have to emulate some Virus stuff.
if you click on the patch menu, you can choose to initialize patch

osiris wrote:Just had a go. Very nice update. I think I will be using this very much. Is there an INIT patch to make presets with?
Might have to emulate some Virus stuff.
There is in the demo, at the very end of the patches I think. I've just bought the update now. I presume there will be one with the full version (I hope). :) But I won't get a chance to install it until I get home.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

This thing is pad heaven...
Although, I tried a lot that wasn't and STILL loved it. Try some of the Plucks as pads. Bliss. Tried some Leads as pads. Ecstasy. You get the idea....

Teksonik wrote:
mcnoone wrote:I'm getting audio off in left speaker, on about 10 out of 50 presets. Seems like it's the same presets doing it too.
Even after starting a new project and reloading it.
Anyone else have this issue?
I have not had this issue. Which patches specifically ? I'll test them when I get home tonight.......... :)
This is on macbook pro, core2duo, 2.8ghz, 4gb ram, using apples default soundcard
mac os 10.6.8, in Live 8.4.1 with both AU and VST.

Here are the presets from the demo set that have that issue.
I can go through the rest and take notes later.
Note: This did not occur at the first time I used it.
Only the second time, after a restart.
I'll try re-installing.
-Demo Presets-
numbers

There is always a popping sound when loading DUNE2
Then the first preset and many others after that, just have no audio coming on the left, only the right side has audio.

Really nice synth… Sound is big, well huge. Interface excellent, I'm liking this more than anything else lately. Not that I need another synth but this is sort of like a bargain Nexus. Decisions, decisions…

8)

Hi
Is there a manual for Dune 2?

Yes, it gets installed when you install the synth. :P

Dune has a bit his own sound, it's a bit like a hardware synth with a "signature" sound.

Btw. somebody knows the location of the manual on Windows? It seems Synapse is not using the typical installation path (program files). Maybe a good option would be a "help" button or "?" which loads the manual from Dune.
And... modulation rate settings are not global?

Some small feature requests ;)
- copy midi pattern from the host to the internal sequencer with drag & drop
- a preset/save/load menu for effects

4damind wrote:Btw. somebody knows the location of the manual on Windows?
it is where you installed the vst plugin dll 32 bit
Last edited by carrieres on Sat May 03, 2014 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

carrieres wrote:
4damind wrote:Btw. somebody knows the location of the manual on Windows?
it is where you installed the vst plugins dll
No, there is only the dll. No manual.
I found it.. it's installed on the 32Bit plug-in location ;) I think this is not the best solution. This stuff should be installed in program files or the users document directory
Last edited by 4damind on Sat May 03, 2014 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

It's in the DUNE 2 folder inside the vstplugins folder.

ok, found it, it's installed in the 32 bit vst plugin folder, bit confusing, I was looking in the 64 bit location 8)
Last edited by cuppa on Sat May 03, 2014 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

4damind wrote:Btw. somebody knows the location of the manual on Windows? It seems Synapse is not using the typical installation path (program files). Maybe a good option would be a "help" button or "?" which loads the manual from Dune.
It's accessible from the groups folder:
All Programs / Synapse Audio / Dune 2

and installed into the VstPlugins/Dune 2 directory.

We'll post it on the website too in a moment.
4damind wrote:And... modulation rate settings are not global?
Must be per-patch, since it is only needed in some cases. If it were a global setting, then using a setting too high would just increase CPU usage for most patches without any benefits, while setting it too low would work fine but ruin the few patches needing it.

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

Why is the keyboard on DUNE starting at C0 and not C1?

Return to “Instruments”