DUNE 2 is out now!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DUNE 3

I fail to see the point of a kybd (and PB/MW) on the gui. Everyone must have a controller...unless you're a non-musician

murnau wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:
Chris-S wrote:
Why is the keyboard on DUNE starting at C0 and not C1?
This is something I already found very confusing in Dune 1.

Chris
Maybe it would help if there were two dedicated octave up and down buttons like on my hardware controller...
I never use that virtual keyboard, but I like the fact that it is velocity sensitive :)
wow! ..and even more confusing: do you recognize that dune2 keyboard only have 4 full octaves? very confusing because my hardware keyboard have way more.. :roll:
Sounds sarcastic, but I fail to see the reason for that...
The fact that it only has a few octaves is the reason why I think octave up and down buttons would make sense. One would not have to transpose the patch when using the virtual keyboard.
Now, why someone would still use that in the first place, no idea. Maybe people traveling with their laptops or tablets appreciate it. It is certainly more convenient than many piano rolls in DAWs.

Think I'll buy the upgrade. :cry:

*GAS*

Definitely worth the full or upgrade price! Very nice synth. Loads of possibilities, easy to program. Sounds great. What more could you ask?
... space is the place ...

Kriminal wrote:I fail to see the point of a kybd (and PB/MW) on the gui. Everyone must have a controller...unless you're a non-musician
i have always hated this on plugins...but easy enough to hide it...

ZenPunkHippy wrote:Definitely worth the full or upgrade price! Very nice synth. Loads of possibilities, easy to program. Sounds great. What more could you ask?
:tu:

It's a no brainer really :wink:
No auto tune...

yes, a no brainer, i am dancing, can't stop !
thank you Rich, Marcin and all the sound designer :party:

I own a lot´s of soft synth,, Yes i am a "GAS".. ;-) Anyway, Dune2 sounded so refreshing to me.. and most of all. I liked the initial sound of it. (Without all the effects). So im all in. And by the way... some of the presets was like.. Whoooooly shit. Just lovley.. Put the right patches in Tron2 soundtrack and there you go.. Great Job Richard.

Kriminal wrote:I fail to see the point of a kybd (and PB/MW) on the gui. Everyone must have a controller...unless you're a non-musician
1+ ..trying to start a debate about where the middle C is or which octave is the first on a kybd-gui is funny to say it friendly.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

I tried to get that kind of analogish spitting sloppy resonance funky lead out of DUNE2 and here's what I got so far. It's a pretty difficult thing to get without being one of those analog modeled synths.
No effects or eq/distortion compression. completely dry.
https://app.box.com/s/04kmtw9sai09b0wi58n7
edit:
Just for comparison I was trying to get this kind of resonance which is from an analog modeled synth.
https://app.box.com/s/5rtl19by5vanahitvnwm

Just had a 5 minute tinker on the demo, late and off to bed after finishing new pc build (I digress).
Don't normally post back on many vst's however this is what I had hoped Dune1 would#ve been before selling it.

Firstly not the most polished GUI, however nice clean and simple, a lot better than most. I like it and reminds me of a Novation synth so some subliminal acoustic association when playing there. All good.
Running x64 in Cubase 7.5.2x64 in Windows8.1 no problem.
Nice CPU, not a hog straight out the box unlike many others we can easily mention.
Midi Learn, straight away no hassle from the elektron. Smooth.
On to the sounds and playibilty.
Very nice 1st preset classic arp, press a key, tweak the filter and the sound is very nice.
The sounds are very polished with nice depth and tone, very smooth. Actually reminds me of what I would expect from the Roland synth ranges.
Not sure if I'm diving in just yet, maybe in the future as spent a lot recently and focusing on learning new hardware.
Anyone looking for a nice plugin that is nice and easy on the eye, a pleasure to play and not killing the system...then I'd say after my 5 minutes...this is it.

Well done Synapse...a winner. I think Spire, Synthmaster2, Z3ta+ etc have some competition.

PEace

mcnoone wrote:I tried to get that kind of analogish spitting sloppy resonance funky lead out of DUNE2 and here's what I got so far. It's a pretty difficult thing to get without being one of those analog modeled synths.
No effects or eq/distortion compression. completely dry.
https://app.box.com/s/04kmtw9sai09b0wi58n7
edit:
Just for comparison I was trying to get this kind of resonance which is from an analog modeled synth.
https://app.box.com/s/5rtl19by5vanahitvnwm
Sounds good to me :)

Really digging this synth's tone. It's different, and quite inspiring. A few minor niggles but that's made up for by the huge ground it covers in such a deceptively simple package. You can even modulate the FX and mod matrix amounts from within the mod matrix.

Also, thumbs up for allowing sync on the triangle wave. Often sync is just provided for saw and pulse waves, but with the triangle you can get that phasing saw/triangle family of waveforms which are heaven for pad material.

Even though the sound is a bit different, this is like "Sylenth for people who need more synthesis functions". I'm not hugely into unison, but being able to tweak it a bit more than the usual detune and spread really opens it up for tinkering.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

A little jam I made with the demo of Dune 2. I made this in about 3 hrs. Made with 10 tracks of Dune 2. No other outside VST instruments or FX were used to create this (besides a limiter on the master bus and the track EQ in Orion to cut some frequencies). Due to a temporary hearing loss in both ears from ear infections this week, I was unable to mix it properly, so this is just a rough mix. I was unable to save this project because of the restrictions of the demo from this VST, but I have the separate audio files in WAV format if anyone is interested.

https://soundcloud.com/saukar/dune-2-funky-demo
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

DUNE 2 is a great sounding synth, much fun to play (even on my old Acer Aspire 1810T notebook)!

I made a short tune with 7 instances of DUNE 2, no additional sounds or effects whatsoever:

https://soundcloud.com/markus808-1/dune2-space-disco

BTW nice tunes Michael Kastrup & Saukar30!

Cheers
Markus808
:)

It seems this synth inspires to make some music :tu: Something I often miss if I see most of the other threads where it seems to be more important to talk to death about internal stuff and features.

Return to “Instruments”