DUNE 2 is out now!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DUNE 3

IME, Anyone that makes the customer out at fault is never worth dealing with in the long run.
I liked the few minutes I got with the demo, but didn't have the time to take to really 'dig' into to find out if it had something special. I wouldn't put in the category of being 'meh', but certainly don't think of it as a 'must have' either (at least by the limited time I got to spend with it). So in my case, they might have lost a sale that way. Since I have more than one computer, I could start it over when I do have the time, but there is an attitude by those belittling the potential customers wanting to get a real demo here. And I have to say nothing sells me off of ever buying it than that.

teacue wrote: In conclusion at the moment on my system and under regular playing conditions Dune 2 seems to work flawlessly and the occasionals Asio spikes are not a problem.
Best regards
Hm ok if you say you see the spikes also with other synths or with Cubase in general, then this is not the same that I see. For me, Dune2 produces much much more spikes than the normal Cubase operation. It's really significant.

BBFG# wrote:IME, Anyone that makes the customer out at fault is never worth dealing with in the long run.
I liked the few minutes I got with the demo, but didn't have the time to take to really 'dig' into to find out if it had something special. I wouldn't put in the category of being 'meh', but certainly don't think of it as a 'must have' either (at least by the limited time I got to spend with it). So in my case, they might have lost a sale that way. Since I have more than one computer, I could start it over when I do have the time, but there is an attitude by those belittling the potential customers wanting to get a real demo here. And I have to say nothing sells me off of ever buying it than that.
Exactly. And sometimes synths don't really click with people at first. But sometimes you go back a while later and it really appeals to you. Devs would be wise to allow for this situation to happen with potential customers.

Kriminal wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote:
fisherKing wrote: you're missing the whole point: you either deal with the constraints of a situation...or don't. if you can't work with a 30-day demo, it's your issue...not the developers.
That's just not true. A time limited demo simply isn't wise on the part of a developer and it is an issue for them. It can only result in lost sales. There have been several plug-in demos I've downloaded and perhaps tried for a few minutes but gotten too busy to come back to it and give it a fair shake. Many times the demo period has passed and I didn't have the chance to try it again. Is it the developers fault that I was too busy to try it properly? No. But it's his fault the demo timed out after 30 days when there are many other options for demos.

And why would someone not voice their concerns about this? Why would a dev not want to hear the opinion of a potential customer where the issue possibly prevents a purchase? Every should just make time and shut up about it? If I were a dev I would hope my potential customers did not take your advice.

utter bollocks

you have 30 full days to try a demo, if you are too busy, tough shit, stop moaning, its plenty of time....and FYI, it doesnt just mean lost sales, having a 30 day demo results in SALES :roll:

serioulsy....'oh the dev only gave me 30 days, its all his fault' ....pathetic :roll:
Wow, you really aren't getting it eh? I can't speak for everyone else but I'm not complaining at all about it. I couldn't care less. I'm saying that if I were in the dev's position, I'd want to know if some people felt that the 30 day demo time limit was possibly the reason they didn't feel convinced to buy it. There is no "fault" here so why use such words? The point isn't whether a 30 day limit is bad, it is whether it's wrong to bring it up that it's an issue for some people. Reasonable adults can handle feedback such as "You know I don't feel that I really got the time to try it within the 30 day period. Not your fault, but I might have chosen to buy it if I was able to go back and demo it later". It doesn't mean the dev is bad for not changing the demo for those people. What is pathetic about this? Where is the moaning? It's a reasonable point to make. Maybe you're referring to someone else that had more harsh words about 30 day demos but since you quoted me I can only assume it is only about what I wrote, where my only point was that it's more of an issue for the developer and their potential lost sales, not much to complain about for a potential customer. Like you said, if a customer wants it bad enough they'll make time to try it. It's those people that don't care that much but could be tempted by the product after some initial casual demoing where the potential lost sales are.

As someone who works 65 hours a week on average, I see where echoes is coming from.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:The point isn't whether a 30 day limit is bad, it is whether it's wrong to bring it up that it's an issue for some people.
I don't get that either, sorry. What exactly IS the point? :P If you complain here about the 30 days demo (yes, it's a complaint, otherwise you wouldn't post in a thread like this), then of course you make a statement. What else? Of course you're saying "Hey dev, please give me more time, 30 days wasn't enough.". Otherwise there would be no point in posting at all, would it?

Personally I think 30 seperate day activation rather than a 30 day period is more preferrable. But then I am quite busy and struggle to find the time nowadays. I think Steinberg used this method with Wavelab and served me well for 9 months till i bought it. Installed Dune2 when released, played with it twice, demo expired...will go through uninstall, delete all registry and try to redemo. No biggy.

I got to be honest, a lot of it is down to the price tag. Ie Redominator released, crossgrade was no brainer, no demo needed. u-h goes through the beta route...ended up buying. Many different ways to skin a cat I guess :)

Not sure why synapse thread is being picked on for a 30 day demo.

Either way 30 days is plenty enough.
Last edited by MFXxx on Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

I think 30 days is a LOT of time to check it out, really. You can make a whole track with it in 30 days... if you happened to start the demo period when you're busy, you have noone to blame but yourself IMO. Don't get this whole thing.

If it was a time unlimited demo with noise bursts there would be more complaints so........can't win either way...... :roll:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Can't believe people are still going on about the demo.
I'd rather hear some music made using Dune2 or some sound examples or something.
Lots of companies use the 30 day trial anyway.
You never know, the trial situation might change down the road.
Synapse Audio has always been a very flexible company.
I mean they gave you Dune1 for practically free!

LimboLoves wrote:As someone who works 65 hours a week on average, I see where echoes is coming from.

Sounds like you dont have time for music full stop....65 hrs is illegal isnt it? Time for diff job maybe.

Either way, 30 full days is plenty. The very few ppl moaning dont sound like potential customers anyway, so i doubt Rich will lose any sleep over it :)

mcnoone wrote:
ens wrote:Great work! Any chance these will be available for download?
mcnoone wrote:Some sounds I did using DUNE2.
https://soundcloud.com/monomo/dune2-sounds
Just 3 sounds use effects. (the trance pluck and the two plucked string things)
All others are dry.
That pad is just 1 oscillator, and one voice.
Yes. there will be 64 sounds available soon for free download...hope by next week.
They do include re-tweaked versions of the previous 25 sounds I posted last week, plus the 39 new sounds.
:hyper: :wheee: :party:

Wow. What a boring discussion... :zzz:

larsomat wrote:Wow. What a boring discussion... :zzz:
Congratulations on your contribution to it...

:lol:

Return to “Instruments”