DUNE 2 is out now!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DUNE 3

Teksonik wrote:
yemski wrote: When programming some patches for Dune 2 using FL Studio 10.02, I noticed that that Lfo 1 turns to unsynced when set to sync whenever I press play.
I can't reproduce this in FL Studio 11.1. Try right clicking the LFO Sync buttons and select "MIDI Forget". See if that helps............ :)
You were correct.Accidental Midi-Learn error. :dog:
It seemed like a bit of a major bug to miss for such a popular DAW.
Back to writing patches and enjoying this synth.Thanks for your help.
Musicmaker: "I'm playing all the right notes, but not neccesarily in the right order" Eric Morecame : Comedy Bhoddisatva

mysticvibes wrote:Will presets load on full version of dune 2 from the demo version?
You can't save presets in the demo version anyway.

how about presets saved from the daw? I'm running Orion and I can save styles and presets as .fxb but can't open them, just wondering if i could with the full version?
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

yemski wrote: You were correct.Accidental Midi-Learn error. :dog:
It seemed like a bit of a major bug to miss for such a popular DAW.
Back to writing patches and enjoying this synth.Thanks for your help.
Cool ! Glad you got it sorted............... :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

mysticvibes wrote:how about presets saved from the daw? I'm running Orion and I can save styles and presets as .fxb but can't open them, just wondering if i could with the full version?
Oh, i see. Don't know that.

@ Richard from Synapse Audio

I found a bug with LfoTool and Dune 2, take a look to the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AH3iZeBZwXA

Thx

M.L.M. wrote:@ Richard from Synapse Audio

Thx

you might have to give a little bit more info than that...

I can't see properly because I'm on mobile at the moment, but is it that LFO Tool changes pattern at the start of a midi clip when put after Dune 2? I have this in Reaper and solve it by putting a midi eater before LFO Tool.

Kriminal wrote:
M.L.M. wrote:@ Richard from Synapse Audio

Thx

you might have to give a little bit more info than that...

You see all in the video, clean pattern, insert Nexus, insert Dune 2, insert Lfo Tool, thats all.

System.: Macbook Retina 15 Zoll Core i7, Mac Osx latest Maverick, Mackie Onyx Interface.

System spec helps, you cant see that in the video. :tu:

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mitte 2012)
2,6 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB

mysticvibes wrote:how about presets saved from the daw? I'm running Orion and I can save styles and presets as .fxb but can't open them, just wondering if i could with the full version?
The demo version cannot save patches, only the full version can. Whether the save is performed by the host or within Dune does not matter.

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

M.L.M. wrote: I found a bug with LfoTool and Dune 2, take a look to the video.
Thanks for the video M.L.M., but like Krim wrote we need a short bug description too- it could be all sorts of things like the accidental MIDI learn from yemski a few posts above, or maybe what you want is PPQ Sync for the LFOs (this would be on the todo list), or something yet different.

Richard

Richard_Synapse wrote:
M.L.M. wrote: I found a bug with LfoTool and Dune 2, take a look to the video.
Thanks for the video M.L.M., but like Krim wrote we need a short bug description too- it could be all sorts of things like the accidental MIDI learn from yemski a few posts above, or maybe what you want is PPQ Sync for the LFOs (this would be on the todo list), or something yet different.

Richard
By ppq sync I presume you mean sync from the Daw allowing free running lfos and msegs? If that's what you're referring to then that would be a big plus. When programming Dune 2 I have wanted to set an mseg or lfo to sweep the wavetables (in particular) over say 8 bars with a chord sequence changing chord on each bar,but as it's stands I can't. I realize that having modulators that produce synced elements reset on note on makes everything super tight timing wise. This is especially cool for things like Arps using several mod sources to give movement to a sound.It would be nice however,to create longer period of movement within a sound without holding the keys down for that period.
Musicmaker: "I'm playing all the right notes, but not neccesarily in the right order" Eric Morecame : Comedy Bhoddisatva

yemski wrote:By ppq sync I presume you mean sync from the Daw allowing free running lfos and msegs? If that's what you're referring to then that would be a big plus. When programming Dune 2 I have wanted to set an mseg or lfo to sweep the wavetables (in particular) over say 8 bars with a chord sequence changing chord on each bar,but as it's stands I can't. I realize that having modulators that produce synced elements reset on note on makes everything super tight timing wise. This is especially cool for things like Arps using several mod sources to give movement to a sound.It would be nice however,to create longer period of movement within a sound without holding the keys down for that period.
Yes exactly, that's what I meant. We already have this working locally, and will put it into beta testing soon. There's a few DAWs where this type of sync doesn't work [ie, with any plugin we tried], but the major DAWs seem to do fine, so would make a nice option. :)

Richard

Return to “Instruments”