DUNE 2 is out now!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DUNE 3

dune 2 fked up dub bassline, it's good for that, though and can be way better than this 'cause this one is a lazy one patch for fun
https://soundcloud.com/blue-eyedblondea ... p-bassline
Soundbanks for Serum, Bazille, Diva, lush-101, Zebra2, Monark... Here

Sendy wrote:Really interesting synth. I like the many options available to customise the unison oscillator sound - wide range of sounds to be made there. Sync is good sounding... Wavetables are a bit thin in number, wondering if there are more in the full version. Envelope is VERY snappy, I like that! CPU hit is tiny on my computer, I like that too :)
The CPU can go vertical depending on settings... the multi-core is on by default. Turning it off gives a better idea of cpu use.

And I also would like more wavetables. I wonder if there is some way for users to add them?

With Oscillator Density set to max, Unison set to max, Audio Rate Modulation set to max (with an LFO modulating the filter at maximum frequency) and Multicore switched off, a four note chord reaches 70% CPU usage.

With Multithreading on, it goes down to 20%.

I don't like how the Modulation Rate setting defaults to lowest quality. I'd rather be able to choose to have it reset to the fastest, and lower it when I need to.

Flicking through the demo presets and playing big chords, I'm getting less than 5%, even at max quality. Pretty impressive.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Congratulations to the release! Well done! Like it a lot.

Sendy wrote:I don't like how the Modulation Rate setting defaults to lowest quality. I'd rather be able to choose to have it reset to the fastest, and lower it when I need to.
You could make your own Init Patch, but note that modulation rate is not a quality setting - since Dune 2 also interpolates between modulation points. This means the modulation rate should only be changed when it makes a noticeable difference to the sound. This is either the case when using oscillators as modulation sources, or when using extremely fast LFOs (say >100 hz) or rapid MSEGs. There's probably no more than 20-30 patches in the factory banks requiring a modulation rate higher than default. Also note the lowest setting is already twice as fast as Dune 1, so it's really pretty good already :)

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

just pulled the trigger on this one. So far sounds great

Sendy wrote:With Oscillator Density set to max, Unison set to max, Audio Rate Modulation set to max (with an LFO modulating the filter at maximum frequency) and Multicore switched off, a four note chord reaches 70% CPU usage.

I don't like how the Modulation Rate setting defaults to lowest quality. I'd rather be able to choose to have it reset to the fastest, and lower it when I need to.

Flicking through the demo presets and playing big chords, I'm getting less than 5%, even at max quality. Pretty impressive.
Ha... you must have a faster machine than me... I had a unison of 3 and audio rate mod to max and cpu was crushed with a 4 note chord...

fisherKing wrote:
dj-daniel wrote:How does Synapse Audio DUNE 2 compare with Reveal Sound Spire? They seem really similar for filling the role of an all-purpose virtual analogue synth that does wavetable and FM and RM synthesis.
very different plugins. spire is modern, sharp...abrasive (when i want it to be). i love it.
dune is warmer, rounder. deeper perhaps. i now own both, and will def USE both.
I disagree here. They sound is really similar, but Spire is a bit more metallic. Dune 2 also has bettera unison, more musical.

pinkpanther wrote: I don't know what the **** brings Spire to this thread. Meanwhile Synapse is a well know established German company with high quality stuff, those Russians from Belize (tax haven) offer a pathetic product (except for preset freaks) and of course after dealing with their "support" won't get a single cent from me.
Uuuh!…psst…Don't offend Russian people our proud publicly. :o You play with fire.
Never forget that Russia developed the TSAR-Bomb, the most massive hydrogen nuclear bomb and they still have the most powerful & distructive nuclear Armada! Take care man.

:arrow: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsar_Bomba

Delfinoverde wrote:
pinkpanther wrote: I don't know what the **** brings Spire to this thread. Meanwhile Synapse is a well know established German company with high quality stuff, those Russians from Belize (tax haven) offer a pathetic product (except for preset freaks) and of course after dealing with their "support" won't get a single cent from me.
Uuuh!…psst…Don't offend Russian people our proud publicly. :o You play with fire.
Never forget that Russia developed the TSAR-Bomb, the most massive hydrogen nuclear bomb and they still have the most powerful & distructive nuclear Armada! Take care man.

:arrow: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsar_Bomba
There are also peaceful musicians & programmers in Russia, not only bomb developer :!:

pdxindy wrote:
Sendy wrote:With Oscillator Density set to max, Unison set to max, Audio Rate Modulation set to max (with an LFO modulating the filter at maximum frequency) and Multicore switched off, a four note chord reaches 70% CPU usage.

Ha... you must have a faster machine than me... I had a unison of 3 and audio rate mod to max and cpu was crushed with a 4 note chord...
It's a quad core (and overclocked, too), and my buffer is 2048 samples. When I hit a key it sounds instant, but anything I record live typically has to be shifted a bit to line up with the rest of the music. I figured it was a fair trade-off for extra CPU power :)
Last edited by Sendy on Fri May 02, 2014 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Well, i gave it a brief shot, and since i absolutely liked the sound of the synth i really, really, really hate having to report that i am getting the exact same spits/clicks that i reported getting with DUNE a year or so ago. The only difference is that this time the issue is no longer limited to the Square, now i am getting it with the Saw as well.

As you can see on the screenshot, the sound i dialled in for testing is about as simple as it gets, i.e. just a classic SynthBass, i.e. not involving anything overly complicated that could have thrown the whole thing off balance. Issue captured on this WAV.

pdxindy wrote:creative design, good sound... a sweet sound design playground!

Is there some way to save/load unison layers? Since the unison engine basically lets you layer presets, seems like an obvious option. How about saving and loading osc's and mseg's?
You can copy/paste layers, FX busses and MSEGs between presets and furthermore between instances, so I think you should be able to combine just about anything you like (unless I'm missing something).

Richard

Great synth Richard, lovely sound and deep. Not in the same CPU hog as Spire /Diva here on MacPro 3.33 6 core.About 10 percent for most patches.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

Biscotto wrote:Awesome layout. Love it All!

Question: Why does it says Version 2.0 ***BETA TEAM*** ?
A small glitch on the PC full version, which we just fixed - a mini update to v2.01 is available in the service area. This may also fix the Nuendo 64-bit issue some reported.

Richard

Return to “Instruments”