DUNE 2 is out now!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DUNE 3

kyodeejay wrote:55-60 would be enough. I don't mind too much the skin colours, only the size. Can they be loaded in the demo?
i have cut 56 pixel !
i will finish the skin this week

How is the progress on the wavetable tool?. Hopefully Richard will be able to integrate it into the synth itself. Can't wait to see that. I admire the capabilities of Serum in this regard (pretty much unmatched at the moment), but I would like to see something similar in DUNE 2, which is my favorite synth ever, but the ability to create easily our own wavetables would put it in another level.

In other topic, I wonder why there aren't as much patch banks for DUNE 2? :shrug: In contrast, Spire and Serum...
Last edited by Yorrrrrr on Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:26 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Dune2 soundbank demographic is only legit user.

Spire and serum demographic is legit user + warez kiddies.
musisikamar.com

I haven't bought any synths in ages, until recently when I bought Dune 2 after being offered a discounted price as I owned Orion. Obviously the discount was an important factor in making me consider it in the first place, after testing it out I found it had pretty much the perfect balance of features/sound/ease of use, so I bought it. The only obvious things that could be improved are (as somebody else mentioned in another thread) the arpeggio showing where the keyboard is so you can see it all at once, it would also be a bonus to be able to see all the mod matrix at once, or at least 16 slots at once.

The way it deals with layers is fantastic, editing layers is a breeze and something that other synths should copy, even those that don't have layers but many oscillators, envelopes etc could use a similar system to make multiple edits at once much quicker and easier. I hear that it is due to get a built in wavetable editor, that will be a nice bonus for sure.

xamido wrote:Dune2 soundbank demographic is only legit user.

Spire and serum demographic is legit user + warez kiddies.
:?

Maybe that holds true. But do warez kiddies buy the soundbanks then, or do they just warez them too? Wouldn't make sense then either.

Depends on the price and availability I guess. Or they just swap their presets as they are not copy protected.

On the other hand I find the (both Dune and Dune2) factory presets outstanding, why the need for 3rd party stuff anyways? Maybe the constant wish for presets is another symptom for procrastination? :D

I always found it rather strange that a great synth like Dune seemed kind of neglected by the crowd. I mean, it can easily stand up to Sylenth or any other competitor in this regard. Kind of a niche existence though, or am I mistaken.

And I have the same feeling about Dune2, really great synth, but as Dune, for me it feels a bit neglected (compared to the hype Serum gets for example - which I really don't understand after tested it a while).

2ZrgE wrote:On the other hand I find the (both Dune and Dune2) factory presets outstanding, why the need for 3rd party stuff anyways?
+1
KS (Kevin Schroeder) presets:
http://youtu.be/-bUCnbwB5OI
http://youtu.be/RjsyNdXyMwY

I've finally got Dune 2 this week and I'm absolutely blown away by it. I'm working on a preset collection and here's some improvisations with a few of the presets I have so far. These are just playing the presets using aftertouch/Mod Wheel and Pitch Wheel assignments with no further processing or gui tweaking etc..

These are Mellow Ones, Guitarish, Choralish and Stringish etc...

https://soundcloud.com/astralp/dune-2-mellow-presets

Rhythmic presets and get more electronic after the 1st one.

https://soundcloud.com/astralp/dune-2-rhythmic-presets

Nice sounds man, keep it up with the preset collection.

This place is lonely and quiet..

Anything new related to DUNE 2?

Nope

Well, I'm trying to use Audio Term to create wavetables for Dune 2 but with no manual, this is like trying to figure out calculus. I tried putting waves into the default folder where it appears to be pulling the "sample" waves from but I can't get the program to see them.

In short, I have no clue how to use this thing.

Is there anything out there that makes wavetables for Dune 2 that actually comes with instructions so that somebody short of a brain surgeon can actually use it?

wagtunes wrote:Well, I'm trying to use Audio Term to create wavetables for Dune 2 but with no manual, this is like trying to figure out calculus. I tried putting waves into the default folder where it appears to be pulling the "sample" waves from but I can't get the program to see them.

In short, I have no clue how to use this thing.

Is there anything out there that makes wavetables for Dune 2 that actually comes with instructions so that somebody short of a brain surgeon can actually use it?
I thought DUNE 2 - unlike Serum - cannot load custom wave tables :?:

User blacktomcat666 is the man to ask about it. Or Ingonator, Kriminal, Mark Holt..They all have made custom wavetable sets. And I think I saw once a Youtube video, but I can't find it right now.

I hope there is some progress on Synapse's own tool specially designed for DUNE 2.

Yorrrrrr wrote:User blacktomcat666 is the man to ask about it. Or Ingonator, Kriminal..They all have made custom wavetable sets. And I think I saw once a Youtube video, but I can't find it right now.

I hope there is some progress on Synapse's own tool specially designed for DUNE 2.
I found 2 videos and watched them. The problem is, the creator just flies through the process and it's impossible to follow. There is no voiceover so I have no idea what they're doing. I'd have to watch them and stop them every 3 or 4 seconds to MAYBE have a chance to figure this out. And even if I can figure out how to create a wavetable, the videos don't show how to actually load the waves. They're already loaded in the editor from some default location. I don't know how to change the location. In addition, taking waves and copying them to the same folder, thinking that would fix THAT problem, they don't show up when I reload Audio Term. So I'm stuck at the point where I don't even know how to load the waves that I have on my hard drive.

By trial and error, I might by luck figure this out in a few weeks working day and night.

** EDIT ** I found a video that went over the internal wavedraw function that doesn't involve loading waves. I was able to figure out the process from that. So I can at least create wavetables from scratch but still don't know how to load waves to create wavetables from.

But we're making progress.

Return to “Instruments”