DUNE 2 is out now!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DUNE 3

recursive one wrote:
Distorted Horizon wrote:
recursive one wrote:For harder sounding stuff, like psytrance..Dune doesn't cut it.
Yes it does? Wavetable stuff, FX and especially bass.
It does but it takes more external processing to make it sound "edgy" compared to Spire, Virus and other synths which have the right character by default.
Utter rubbish.

AnX wrote:
recursive one wrote:
Distorted Horizon wrote:
recursive one wrote:For harder sounding stuff, like psytrance..Dune doesn't cut it.
It does but it takes more external processing to make it sound "edgy" compared to Spire, Virus and other synths which have the right character by default.
Utter rubbish.
Agreed. If you can't get Dune to sound "edgy," the fault is in the user.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote:
AnX wrote:
recursive one wrote:
Distorted Horizon wrote:
Utter rubbish.
Agreed. If you can't get Dune to sound "edgy," the fault is in the user.
But not "edgy" enough for the genre that started it all, psy trance :o Just for the kids today to do film scores :hihi:

seems that my innocent posts triggered some reaction in fanboys :hihi:

I once tried to make a psytrance track using Dune2 as the only synth, and when doing sound design for this track I felt like I'm trying to push a square peg into a round hole. Granted I wasn't really good at sound design back then and still don't consider myself a psytrance guru, i felt that Im basically trying to transform Dune into something it isnt. The track was completed and released on a compilation ( I won't be posting it here but if someone is curious it is on my soundcloud called "travel into synaptic cleft") but after this exercise I decided that I won't be using Dune as my main synth.

As a secondary synth it may be used in psytrance or whatever genre, it is good at pads, does some nice mellow keys and decent acid stuff. Psytrance producers do use Dune, I think any Dune owner will recognize the preset used in the intro here :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2S_K06s ... e=youtu.be
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Is there an ETA for Dune 3?

xx JPRacer xx wrote:Is there an ETA for Dune 3?
Richard_Synapse wrote:
Once it has reached beta stage, it will be easier to predict- at the moment I think we will need at least this year to finish D3. :)

Richard

the cinematic soundset is really great, KS is a layers Master !
if you are a sound design studient, it' s for you, if you are a soundtrack composer, it's for you too.

recursive one wrote:
I once tried to make a psytrance track using Dune2 as the only synth, and when doing sound design for this track I felt like I'm trying to push a square peg into a round hole. Granted I wasn't really good at sound design back then and still don't consider myself a psytrance guru...

There we have it.

AnX wrote:
recursive one wrote:
I once tried to make a psytrance track using Dune2 as the only synth, and when doing sound design for this track I felt like I'm trying to push a square peg into a round hole. Granted I wasn't really good at sound design back then and still don't consider myself a psytrance guru...

There we have it.
I'm sure you were about to post an excellently produced psytrance track made 100% with Dune2, blowing Spire, Serum, Sylenth and other usual suspects out of the water, but something stood in your way, right?

Dont blame a synth for your lack of knowledge and skills. Your statements make you look ignorant.

AnX wrote:Dont blame a synth for your lack of knowledge and skills. Your statements make you look ignorant.
And yours make you look like a troll (which I think you are)

Like other synths, Dune has its own character which makes it good (may be the best) choice for some tasks and not so optimal for some others.

I'm sure people like Kevin Schroeder and Ayin Zahev are best of the best in their business but I find their trance patches for Dune not 100% convincing

AnX wrote:Dont blame a synth for your lack of knowledge and skills. Your statements make you look ignorant.
No, your statements make you look ignorant.

sfxsound3 wrote:
No, your statements make you look ignorant.

Ah there's the new wannabe ttoz....

Jog on sock puppet

recursive one wrote:

Like other synths, Dune has its own character which makes it good (may be the best) choice for some tasks and not so optimal for some others.

I'm sure people like Kevin Schroeder and Ayin Zahev are best of the best in their business but I find their trance patches for Dune not 100% convincing
So, because YOU cant do it, the synth isnt capable of it.

Classic troll logic. :clap:

AnX wrote:
recursive one wrote:

So, because YOU cant do it, the synth isnt capable of it.

Classic troll logic. :clap:
:?

How is it called? Strawman fallacy?

Return to “Instruments”