DUNE 2 is out now!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DUNE 3

serhiy06 wrote: But how to get PWM in full mode (from 0 to 100 percents)?
In fact, when I used the mod matrix, i.e. LFO 1 -> Osc 1 VA Pulse width, it modulates the pulse from 50 to 100 but nothing more. I used a positive and negative LFO values, more than, I even used the "Const" source, from -100 to +100 to set an initial pulse width, and there is nothing changes.
Thanks.
Hi,
put LFO amt to 100, ModMatrix amt to 100, OSC PW to 75% (12 o'clock).
Actually he goes then from 50% to 0% and back to 50%, but this is the same as 0% to 100% due to symmetry. :tu:

Kriminal wrote:
SpeedDial wrote:Not bad!

Can you record the arp/seq you program to a midi track with the au or vst version?
Price is a little to high i think. It's a great synth, but it's no U-he Diva. $130-140 tops should be it's price.
Its more flexible and much easier to use than Diva, but they are very different, so comparisons are pointless.
... but inevitable. :wink:

RE: flexibily... much more flexible due to it's hybrid nature, but they aren't exclusive. Use the right tool for the job...
You need to limit that rez, bro.

Chris-S wrote:put LFO amt to 100, ModMatrix amt to 100, OSC PW to 75% (12 o'clock).
Actually he goes then from 50% to 0% and back to 50%, but this is the same as 0% to 100% due to symmetry. :tu:
I was actually quickly trying to do this myself also, but didn't immediately get my head around it so I moved on try other stuff. It works the way you said, but I think it goes a bit different than how you explain.

Dune 2 PWM starts from 50% (equal widths) and goes to 100%, that's why you need to set it at 75% which is in the middle of the scale for the LFO to cycle correctly.

Dune 1 had 0% to 100% where equal width square is also the starting point 50 %, but it goes down to 0 % which Dune 2 doesn't.

If you check with a scope, you see that v2 does a half a cycle only, while v1 does a full cycle.
Last edited by raymondwave on Thu May 08, 2014 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Markus808 wrote:And another quick demo track made with Dune 2 (all sounds and effects from Dune 2, plus a limiter on master track). This time a cover version from a nice 1980's tune...

All presets used are from the "Demo Patches" bank, with only a little tweaking done on some presets (delay/reverb parameters):

https://soundcloud.com/markus808-1/moments-in-dune-2

Great sounding softsynth indeed, quite inspiring!
Sounds very polished, one hardly needs anything external, it sounds professional and present just like that.
Nice tune of course, I must have spent hundreds of hours listening to the original track, not least due to its length :hihi:

Yeah, Dune 2 has a great basic sound & the effects are awesome!

One question/suggestion to the developer(s): I've realized that if you press the sustain pedal on an arp sound, the arpeggio stops and only the preset itself is played. In my opinion it would be better that the arpeggio continued!

Is there a possibility to keep the arpeggio going with the sustain pedal pressed, or could you change this in the plugin?

Thanks in advance
Markus808

Since i finally found out how to use Audio Term i have created a bunch of DUNE 2 wavetables based on many of the single cycle waves i got i my collection including a big amount of those i had done from scratch using e.g. DNR Wave Designer and Cameleon 5000.
The Audio Term tool seems to be very powerful once you figured oout how to use it (which is not really simple when you start with it...).

In sveral cases especially the interpolated waveforms seem to sound quite interesteing compared to the "pure" single waveforms. In some cases those interpolations do sound like a layer of 2 or 3 sounds and that with a single oscillator. :)

DUNE 2 seems to be indeed very poweful, maybe one of the most powerful and/or versatile synths today. The wavetable feature in combination with the ability to import your own wavetables and using MSEGs for morphing is really great, also compared to some of my other wavetable synths (e.g. PPG 3.V, Largo, PPG WaveGenerator).

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Would be great to have an "undo" button btw. Now that I've gone deeper into programming sounds with unison voices, one needs to be ultra careful not to tweak ALL voices when it comes to parameters you've tweaked separately in other voices.

It's too easy to ruin the whole patch with one hasty mouse click :).

Last edited by SpeedDial on Thu May 08, 2014 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

raymondwave wrote:It's too easy to ruin the whole patch with one hasty mouse click :).
That's the only situation where I'd want an alternating color of the knob LEDs - because this happened to me, too. :oops:

Markus808 wrote:And another quick demo track made with Dune 2 (all sounds and effects from Dune 2, plus a limiter on master track). This time a cover version from a nice 1980's tune...

All presets used are from the "Demo Patches" bank, with only a little tweaking done on some presets (delay/reverb parameters):

It's a great sounding synth and to me it totally can replace most of what i do with Viruses up until TI which is a bit more different. Anyway great sound being it all onboard.

Please may i go little offtopic and ask from which song is main melody? That very first melody. I am asking because i know that melody from while ago (when i was young haha) and never could spot that song. Your version made my brain travelling through time. Since you seem to be aware of it could you please tell me which song is that?

Thanks in advance.

edit: while i don't think reverb in Dune 2 is extremely realistic i am finding it highly usable and really musical in a good way. Really really good one.

kmonkey wrote:

It's a great sounding synth and to me it totally can replace most of what i do with Viruses up until TI which is a bit more different. Anyway great sound being it all onboard.

Please may i go little offtopic and ask from which song is main melody? That very first melody. I am asking because i know that melody from while ago (when i was young haha) and never could spot that song. Your version made my brain travelling through time. Since you seem to be aware of it could you please tell me which song is that?

Thanks in advance.

edit: while i don't think reverb in Dune 2 is extremely realistic i am finding it highly usable and really musical in a good way. Really really good one.
Of course, the original song is "Moments In Love" by The Art Of Noise (1984), produced by ace producer Trevor Horn!

Cheers
Markus808
:)

Markus808 wrote:
Of course, the original song is "Moments In Love" by The Art Of Noise (1984), produced by ace producer Trevor Horn!

Cheers
Markus808
Thanks man i really appreciate it :hug: ...i am time traveling right now... :party:

Chris-S wrote: Hi,
put LFO amt to 100, ModMatrix amt to 100, OSC PW to 75% (12 o'clock).
Nope. If a starting point set to 75, in this case it modulates PW like that: 50...75..100...75..50..75..100..
Chris-S wrote: Actually he goes then from 50% to 0% and back to 50%, but this is the same as 0% to 100% due to symmetry. :tu:
Chris, thank you, but I think you are wrong. It is not the same. It is a half cycle.
raymondwave wrote: Dune 1 had 0% to 100% where equal width square is also the starting point 50 %, but it goes down to 0 % which Dune 2 doesn't.

If you check with a scope, you see that v2 does a half a cycle only, while v1 does a full cycle.
That's right.
So, guys, is there any way to get full PWM cycle with Dune2? Is it possible? If no, it's a little disappointment.
BTW, where is a punch control, a feature like "Spike soft/hard" in older version? I want a virus punch lol
Last edited by serhiy06 on Thu May 08, 2014 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

SpeedDial wrote: They are both virtual analog software synths, and share similar features and functions, so comparisons are not pointless. Dune 2 will never be mistaken for a analog synth or a hardware synth. Others will also soon do reviews and comparisons of Dune 2 , and then compare it with many other popular synths similar to say, Sylenth1.
A sports car and a pickup truck are both automobiles but comparing them would be pointless as well. Depends on whether you need to go fast or haul lumber. Comparing DUNE 2 to Sylenth or Spire makes sense but not to DIVA. Different beasts each great in their own right...........
SpeedDial wrote: It's a great synth, but it's no U-he Diva.
And DIVA is no DUNE 2..........there are sounds that DUNE 2 can make that DIVA just simply can not. Like I said different beasts......
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Markus808 wrote:

Cheers
Markus808
From the album "In no sense, nonsense"

:tu: ...great demo !

Return to “Instruments”