DUNE 2 is out now!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DUNE 3

Richard_Synapse wrote: the purpose isn't entirely clear to me yet (since you may as well change the original parameter value).
Which is easy as long as the LFO controls only one parameter, but when it controls multiple parameters it becomes complicated.

I already wrote this in the synapse forum (as drishti), but I guess it got buried by some noise. :hihi:

We just released a small maintenance update (v2.07), this addresses a few issues brought up here as well as on our own forum.

Changes/Enhancements:
  • Wavetables are loaded on demand now, so having many installed is no longer an issue.
  • Midi Smoothing parameter added, which allows to control Modwheel, Pitch Bend and Aftertouch smoothing.
  • Reverb no longer eats CPU when idle.
  • Filter gain knob no longer causes strong zipper noise.
  • New Wavetables by Ingo Weidner added.
  • [Mac] Installation should now work on older OS X 10.5.
Bug fixes:
  • [Mac] Using the VST and AU 64-bit versions within the same project could result in GUI issues, fixed.
  • [Mac] Long wavetable names could cause crashes, fixed.
  • [Mac] Program changes caused memory leaks, fixed.
Last edited by Richard_Synapse on Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

Great! Thanks.

larsomat wrote:Which is easy as long as the LFO controls only one parameter, but when it controls multiple parameters it becomes complicated.
I see. Well it looks like an easy parameter to implement, so could be added in the next update :)

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

Richard_Synapse wrote:
larsomat wrote:Which is easy as long as the LFO controls only one parameter, but when it controls multiple parameters it becomes complicated.
I see. Well it looks like an easy parameter to implement, so could be added in the next update :)
:tu:

Just trying the demo... is anyone else experiencing ASIO spikes every now and then? ASIO load for DUNE2 is rather volatile for me, and sometimes there are short big spikes. That holds me from buying the full version.

CableChannel wrote:Just trying the demo... is anyone else experiencing ASIO spikes every now and then? ASIO load for DUNE2 is rather volatile for me, and sometimes there are short big spikes. That holds me from buying the full version.
Make sure you download the latest demo from their site.
A new version was just posted like a day or two ago.
It might fix the issue.
I would uninstall the older vst before installing the latest version though.

mcnoone wrote:
CableChannel wrote:Just trying the demo... is anyone else experiencing ASIO spikes every now and then? ASIO load for DUNE2 is rather volatile for me, and sometimes there are short big spikes. That holds me from buying the full version.
It might fix the issue.
Thanks for the hint. Just downloaded the latest, did an uninstall and fresh install. Unfortunately the problem is still there :-(

CableChannel wrote:
mcnoone wrote:
It might fix the issue.
Thanks for the hint. Just downloaded the latest, did an uninstall and fresh install. Unfortunately the problem is still there :-(
Try changing different settings in the ASIO. You should notice the problem go away.
I believe there was something about this earlier in this thread.

mcnoone wrote:Try changing different settings in the ASIO. You should notice the problem go away.
I believe there was something about this earlier in this thread.
What kind of settings do you mean?

I wish the demo lasted longer... 30 days and done... my 30 days are past and now I cannot try the synth any further...

pdxindy wrote:I wish the demo lasted longer... 30 days and done... my 30 days are past and now I cannot try the synth any further...
yep, 30 month at least. :D
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

murnau wrote:
pdxindy wrote:I wish the demo lasted longer... 30 days and done... my 30 days are past and now I cannot try the synth any further...
yep, 30 month at least. :D
Pffffft.......30 YEARS at least! :hyper: :wheee: :party:

(Seriously, I only need some days to test a synth, make some adjustments, listen to the sound...)

Still like this synth more than anything else in awhile… Need to buy!

OK I searched this thread for ASIO issues. Quite some are reporting issues. For me, there is no crackling (I think that was caused by having the full version installed w/o uninstalling the demo before) but ASIO spikes and a generally flaky ASIO load. Increasing ASIO buffer is not an option since it is already at the highest value I can bare, latency wise (I needed to put it high to be able to work with huge Kontakt projects).
I hope this gets fixed.

Return to “Instruments”