DUNE 2 is out now!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DUNE 3

https://soundcloud.com/examigan/dune-2- ... new-preset
Here's just a regular lead type of sound I made up after initializing a preset.

I really like Dune 2, easy to use, great sound, and great presets as well. :)

Very good patch Examigan.

pdxindy wrote:I wish the demo lasted longer... 30 days and done... my 30 days are past and now I cannot try the synth any further...
On the market place forum I have seen Dune 2 already being sold repeatedly...

CableChannel wrote:OK I searched this thread for ASIO issues. Quite some are reporting issues. For me, there is no crackling (I think that was caused by having the full version installed w/o uninstalling the demo before) but ASIO spikes and a generally flaky ASIO load. Increasing ASIO buffer is not an option since it is already at the highest value I can bare, latency wise (I needed to put it high to be able to work with huge Kontakt projects).
What host do you use, what buffer size and what's your audio interface?

There is no direct link between plugins and the audio driver, the driver is entirely handled by the host sequencer. ASIO drivers certainly work fine, I use them every day and different ones too (at the moment those are the ASIO drivers for my HDSP9632, Mackie Onyx and and an EMU). Many testers also use ASIO and reported no problems, iirc.

It is conceivable that a poorly implemented driver or host could interfere with DUNE 2's multi-threading (although we're not aware of any driver that does this). In that case, simply turn off the multi-threading in DUNE 2 and it behaves just like any other instrument plugin.

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

pdxindy wrote:I wish the demo lasted longer... 30 days and done... my 30 days are past and now I cannot try the synth any further...
How long would you like the trial to last? I thought 30 days was rather long, some devs only give you a couple days :hihi:

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

I use M-Audio FastTrack @512 Samples on Win 7 64 bit with Cubase 7 64 bit.

I tried turning off multicore support in Dune, but then the ASIO load is just too high in general.

Other synths work well on my system, without this kind of ASIO spikes.

CableChannel wrote:I use M-Audio FastTrack @512 Samples on Win 7 64 bit with Cubase 7 64 bit.

I tried turning off multicore support in Dune, but then the ASIO load is just too high in general.

Other synths work well on my system, without this kind of ASIO spikes.
You might want to try posting the issue here at the Synapse Audio forum.
http://forum.synapse-audio.com/viewforu ... 319fc88fa0

fluffy_little_something wrote: On the market place forum I have seen Dune 2 already being sold repeatedly...
2 sellers. not really a lot tho, is it?... :D

Richard_Synapse wrote:
How long would you like the trial to last? I thought 30 days was rather long, some devs only give you a couple days :hihi:

Richard
30 days is beyond generous, if you can't make a decision after a 30 day trial you never will.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

fisherKing wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote: On the market place forum I have seen Dune 2 already being sold repeatedly...
2 sellers. not really a lot tho, is it?... :D
It's a lot given that instrument is just released. But it dosn't mean instrument is bad. We all had that impulse buyandregret thing.

Look it like this. Someone(buyer which demoed it and want it) is going to be happy

Anybody here working on a soundbank for it? I've been analyzing the factory preset and i really learn a lot from it. I need more, moreeeee.
musisikamar.com

xamido wrote:Anybody here working on a soundbank for it? I've been analyzing the factory preset and i really learn a lot from it. I need more, moreeeee.
Art renaissance project is busy on a new soundbank and will be done next two days.
Deep emotional textures and pads, and lots of cinematic stuff.
You will like it:)

Cheers
classic

xamido wrote:Anybody here working on a soundbank for it? I've been analyzing the factory preset and i really learn a lot from it. I need more, moreeeee.
I'll have 64 free sounds available soon.

kmonkey wrote: It's a lot given that instrument is just released. But it dosn't mean instrument is bad. We all had that impulse buyandregret thing.

Look it like this. Someone(buyer which demoed it and want it) is going to be happy
somehow, tho, i can't see 2 sellers as "a lot"... at ANY time. people are ALWAYS selling plugins that i couldn't imagine ever giving up, so...all a matter of perspective. one persons 'essential' is another's 'useless' LOL...

woodsdenis wrote:
Richard_Synapse wrote:

Richard
30 days is beyond generous, if you can't make a decision after a 30 day trial you never will.
It is very generous, but I think a lot of people (like me) are curious for a synth once just released, but have no intention of buying it at that specific moment, and for whatever reason you hold off the purchase for a while... at the time you might want to purchase it again, you'll want to demo it again, but the demo isn't functional on your system anymore. I think that's the issue. Happened to me once or twice.
So, I agree the 30 days is generous enough, but there may be situations where a renewed period might needed.

Return to “Instruments”