AIR Instrument Expansion Pack, thoughts?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hybrid 3 Loom Classic Strike Structure Transfuser Vacuum Pro Velvet

I just read the AIR Instrument Expansion Pack is now available for all platforms (it used to be Pro-Tools only).
Its uses PACE copy protection but looks a really nice collection for $299.
Has anyone here used some of these instruments? Care to share your thoughts?
I'm having a GAS attack ...

http://www.airmusictech.com/product/air ... nsion-pack
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

I picked up Vacuum Pro on the recent special and it's a cracking synth!
The pack looks good, but $299 might just be out of my reach at present unfortunately.

ftech wrote:I picked up Vacuum Pro on the recent special and it's a cracking synth!
The pack looks good, but $299 might just be out of my reach at present unfortunately.
upgrade from your vacuum pro to the full bundle is $129 not $299.. ..grab it mate! it's a fantastic bundle of vsti's.. ;) i think it's a must have for everybody who jumped on the recent vacuum sale.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

I don't get their pricing.
You can buy Vacuum Pro and upgrade for $129 (total $278) or you can buy the collection for $299.

Karten wrote:I don't get their pricing.
You can buy Vacuum Pro and upgrade for $129 (total $278) or you can buy the collection for $299.
yep, and OTOT i upgraded from Vacuum to EP 2 for something around $150 and the upgrade from EP2 to EP2.02 is $30 and not free. so i "lost" $50 because i upgraded a few weeks ago. thats not so nice.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

murnau wrote:
ftech wrote:I picked up Vacuum Pro on the recent special and it's a cracking synth!
upgrade from your vacuum pro to the full bundle is $129 not $299.. ..grab it mate! it's a fantastic bundle of vsti's.. ;) i think it's a must have for everybody who jumped on the recent vacuum sale.
Dammit!
I didn't read that well enough did I?
Am I allowed to say 'No Brainer'?
Thanks for the head up Murnau :tu:

I did the upgrade too a few weeks ago...but I paid $50 for Vacuum Pro, $149 for the upgrade, and now $30 for the NEW upgrade...still only at $229 for the whole package...um, perhaps the best two and a quarter spent in a long time.

Structure- it really is on par with TONS of all-in-ones (i.e. Halion Sonic 2, UVI Plugsound Pro, etc.). Some sounds are better than most.

Strike- A fantastic variation on a drum tool. The sonic sphere is great and there are great options to build.

Vacuum Pro- A dark synth that is fantastic. Yes it is strongest when it is merely "doubled" (an option) but a great tool for some really thick sounds.

Loom- If you have no other additive synth, and you have this, you are set. It is almost as good as Razor, maybe better in some regards. I have both and use them differently so it is win/win even if you own other additive synths (I think I have a dozen ha).

Transformer- A slice tool of sorts. It has Geist, Dr. Octo, SliceX, etc. elements to it. I have not dove in far enough as I have only had VST version for a day. But it seems to fit a nice space should you lack Geist.

Velvet- I would not call it a Lounge Lizard killer. It is really good though. I love the smooth sounds. I have several different EP libraries, as well as Arturia Wurlizer and LL Session. But this sounds, albeit in mono, is awesome. Probably a fantastic replica of the real deal.

All in all, I would call it a BIG BANG for the buck.

Jon

The only thing I am worries about is the size of the download for Structure, huge lib that would take most of my bandwidth for the month!
I'm assuming it's segmented.

thejonsolo wrote: Transformer- A slice tool of sorts. It has Geist, Dr. Octo, SliceX, etc. elements to it. I have not dove in far enough as I have only had VST version for a day. But it seems to fit a nice space should you lack Geist.
It looks very cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgKZM4aEyy4

I can upgrade from Loom for $129. Didn't think I needed these instruments just for Pro Tools, but now that I could use all of them with Sonar, etc., it's pretty hard to resist.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | SX7

do you guys have any problems with install? it didn't installed where i pointed the installer to: i had to move the x64 dll-file manuallly leave the rest where it is but it seems to work flawless so far.

murnau wrote:
Karten wrote:I don't get their pricing.
yep, and OTOT i upgraded from Vacuum to EP 2 for something around $150 and the upgrade from EP2 to EP2.02 is $30 and not free. so i "lost" $50 because i upgraded a few weeks ago. thats not so nice.
Yeah, how about the upgrade price from the original Pro Tools Instruments Expansion pack -

upgrade from v1 to v2 was 99$, upgrade from v2 to the recent one is 29$, I didn't upgrade at the time because I left Pro Tools and did not need AAX and now my only option is 299$ "upgrade" price.

That did not make my day in any shape or form!

k

How close is Structure to Hypersonic 2? Does it have the same synth unit?

aMUSEd wrote:How close is Structure to Hypersonic 2? Does it have the same synth unit?
That's partly why I'm interested. I know that Wizoo was bought by Avid at the time and Structure might be the true successor to H2.

aMUSEd wrote:How close is Structure to Hypersonic 2? Does it have the same synth unit?
I believe what started out as Hypersonic is now Xpand, which Avid kept Pro Tools-only. Structure is a sample player engine that's probably closest to Independence in terms of features. Good quality but no scripting of the kind you'd find in Kontakt or MachFive.

Return to “Instruments”