AIR Instrument Expansion Pack, thoughts?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hybrid 3 Loom Classic Strike Structure Transfuser Vacuum Pro Velvet

Don't expect much.

MillerSam wrote:Best Support -.-
no answer on my support mail for the discount
I hope they will reply one day
Strange. I send you via mp the mail of the guy that sent me the voucher. He was responsive & nice, so far... Hope it will be the same for you !
I did not find a way to import wavetables in hybrid 3, by the way.

budweiser wrote:^^ Don't want to fuel the fire, but billcaroll's post suggested that NONE of the included instruments were working, which is not true. Murnau never said we live in a perfect vst world free of bugs & system related probs. This is a huge pack just ported to vst...
I don't think you are fueling any fire. I was posting my experience with the AIR Instrument Expansion Pack and Studio One. I'm on a Mac BTW.

Others can say what they want but that doesn't change my experience.

Does anyone seriously think I bought the AIR Instrument Expansion Pack and upgrades so I could say they don't appear to work in Studio One?

Also, I bought the AIR Instrument Expansion Pack when it was iLok only and they should have kept iLok. The new auth and licensing system is a mess.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

billcarroll wrote:Does anyone seriously think I bought the AIR Instrument Expansion Pack and upgrades so I could say they don't appear to work in Studio One?
Hell no!

:)

I feel for you but I'm kinda happy it apparently works on PC side. Although, with their support being what it is and non-existent upgrade from v1 I might really skip all of it. EZdrummer 2 is a nice upgrade, sensible company...(OT I know)

k

billcarroll wrote:
budweiser wrote: Also, I bought the AIR Instrument Expansion Pack when it was iLok only and they should have kept iLok. The new auth and licensing system is a mess.
Unfortunatly i can't agree more... :roll: And i'm also fighting with a download at the moment...

So it looks like a Mac Issue... FYI most Studio One users are running PC . Sorry to hearit dont work for MAC. I think thats an important fact that had been said in xour first FYI post.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

murnau wrote:So it looks like a Mac Issue... FYI most Studio One users are running PC . Sorry to hearit dont work for MAC. I think thats an important fact that had been said in xour first FYI post.
Are you from Berlin? You remind me of one of my college German professors.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

billcarroll wrote:
murnau wrote:So it looks like a Mac Issue... FYI most Studio One users are running PC . Sorry to hearit dont work for MAC. I think thats an important fact that had been said in xour first FYI post.
Are you from Berlin? You remind me of one of my college German professors.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

I'll post my positive experience with AIR.

I was able to call them directly. Yes, I actually called them regarding acquiring a promo code to upgrade to the AIR Instrument Pack since I already owned Vacuum Pro.

They were very quick and when my promo code didn't work the first time they made another one and my purchase went through without issue.

So far I've tested all of the plugins save for the sampler, and they all work great on Ableton 9.1.2 64-Bit.

I will say though they use PACE anti-piracy software, and their product activation is really weird compared to other companies, but I've had no issues thus far.

HydrogenHuman wrote:I will say though they use PACE anti-piracy software, and their product activation is really weird compared to other companies, but I've had no issues thus far.
How exactly does it work? Is it the same as the "iLok License Center" and you just activate the license to a hard drive rather than an iLok? Or is it something entirely new that needs to be installed in parallel to the iLok software?
I don't work here, I just feed the trolls.
My sales thread @ Market Place
My website with lots of free stuff:
Sampled drums and instruments | Clipping plugin | Shure SRH840 EQ correction presets | SFZ syntax mode for Coda2

chokehold wrote:
HydrogenHuman wrote:I will say though they use PACE anti-piracy software, and their product activation is really weird compared to other companies, but I've had no issues thus far.
How exactly does it work? Is it the same as the "iLok License Center" and you just activate the license to a hard drive rather than an iLok? Or is it something entirely new that needs to be installed in parallel to the iLok software?
It's even weirder than that.

Basically after it installs PACE and your plugin, for example Vacuum Pro, you will load up your DAW of choice and when it scans for Vacuum Pro it will say, "You need to authorize this product" and then it will take you to the AVID website with a form that will ask you for your e-mail, license # for your product.

Once you enter your e-mail and license number then you click "submit", it will verify the product code and then the screen for Vacuum Pro will say, "This product is activated, thank you."

It's tough to describe how strange it is, but believe me it's weird.

That being said, I've never had any problems with PACE or the activation process, but the first time it happened I had no clue what was going on.

I'm still waiting for a response on my voucher. I'm hoping I'll hear some good news.

Here is the message that I just received from AIR:

Hello Jon,

As I stated previously, there is currently no upgrade path from 1.xx to 2.0.2. You can purchase the AIR Instrument Expansion pack for $299 directly from our website. http://www.airmusictech.com/product/air ... nsion-pack

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

SUCKS!

Got the same

1 minute later I got a form where I must put my information and my serial

And now no answer ....
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

Ironically enough, I got an email from AIR about 10 minutes after replying to them saying I wouldn't upgrade ath the $299. They sent me a new voucher.

It looks like in order to use it, don't "ugrade", just click "buy now" in that form you can apply the voucher. I got the discount price to upgrade from V1 to the current rev for $129.

:)

Return to “Instruments”