Xils 4 The Pin Matrix Modular Analog Synthesizer [V1.5 released + Intro Price offer]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
XILS 4

VariKusBrainZ wrote:Also the software Neuron was 'limited' to the built in analysis models if I remember correctly.
No you could use the Modelmaker and remapper to build or remap your own models, same as the hardware.

Anyway back to XILS4 - we are getting OT.

Anyone who wants fx presets try my Unquiet Night bank - it is mainly crazy prog fx sounds. Made for XILs 3 but can be imported as a starting point into XILS4.

aMUSEd wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:Also the software Neuron was 'limited' to the built in analysis models if I remember correctly.
No you could use the Modelmaker and remapper to build or remap your own models, same as the hardware.

Anyway back to XILS4 - we are getting OT.

Anyone who wants fx presets try my Unquiet Night bank - it is mainly crazy prog fx sounds. Made for XILs 3 but can be imported as a starting point into XILS4.

It was a nice discussion indeed, because Xils 4 has TWO independant Joystick controllers, and therefore is fully open for VECTOR synthesis. (Because Mr Zinoviev also invented Vector synthesis in a way, along with "no cables anywhere" modular synthesis and other things .... )

And yes for users like Mr Z1202 who wanted some ultimate FX sounds, I forgot to recommand Stephen's Unquiet Night soundbank. You can also check the sound example I posted in the last page of this thread, and all the crazy sounds in the 3 categories "Abstract-Engines", "Soundscapess" and of course "FX" in the Xils 4 Factory library. ( 700 presets )

LtZ
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Here's another little track made with Xils 4.

I remember people saying that making a kick was difficult in the One Synth Challenge KVR contest made with the Xils 3 LE. In this tracks ALL DRUMS are made with the Xils 4, including Kick, Simmonesques toms etc etc. I did not use compressors, no EQ, No daw automation, no nothing, as usual, so that a produced mix would be much better, but its just the Xils 4 in its naked truth glory : Pushing the keys, moving mod wheel or playing some aftertouch occasionnaly.

Xils 4 Funky Camembert

Also, the entire track was played without any freeze on my old/antique/obsolete ( but faithfull ) Quad 9650 PC ( and I still had some room left for other instruments ) Sound Quality has a certain price. And tbh some Xils 4 presets can be a bit demanding.
But pristine sound quality you can have with Xils 4, even on older machines and for a moderate Cpu !!

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

aMUSEd wrote:Originally it was expensive because Hartman wanted to market it as a high-end synth - it is basically identical to the hardware version apart from a few less fx (eg no reverb but you can add better ones anyway) and a few more bugs :)

Both unfortunately were failures economically and the company folded - the plugin version was left without the bugs being fixed (although the new free version fixes some) and the hardware OS was also incomplete in some respects.
Shit, I've just missed a superb bargain (here).
:D
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

BlackWinny wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Originally it was expensive because Hartman wanted to market it as a high-end synth - it is basically identical to the hardware version apart from a few less fx (eg no reverb but you can add better ones anyway) and a few more bugs :)

Both unfortunately were failures economically and the company folded - the plugin version was left without the bugs being fixed (although the new free version fixes some) and the hardware OS was also incomplete in some respects.
Un de perdu, dix de retrouvés :)

( Enfin sauf pour les VSC 4 hein .. )

Another couple of Xils 4 presets, and how they work

Xils 4 Ky One Beat After

This preset uses the Xils 4 Lag Generator. As the Lag module can be synhronised to Midi clock, I programmed it so that the second enveloppe is triggeret one beat after the Note On event. So the groove will always be *perfect*, but also human, as it depends on how you play. New surprising, but intuitive and *musical* keyboard/playing techniques is one of the things I really love in Xils 4

Xils 4 SequenzerFood 2

This preset uses Xils 3/4 ability to get different tunings for different oscillators ( like you can get 1/4 tone scales, but also simultaneously 1/2 and 1/4 tone scales for two different oscillators or patch engines ) You can hear this in the percussive element of the patch.

Lotuzia wrote:
BlackWinny wrote:

Un de perdu, dix de retrouvés :)

( Enfin sauf pour les VSC 4 hein .. )
Ben... y z'ont pas été bien nombreux à en revenir, de la Lune...

Ce qui était intéressant dans ce modèle c'est que chacun des exemplaires n'a servi qu'une fois ! Et ça... on en est sûr !
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

BlackWinny wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:
BlackWinny wrote:

Un de perdu, dix de retrouvés :) One lost, ten found (French proverb typically used when you need to comfort a friend who suddenly has to go back to the single status

( Enfin sauf pour les VSC 4 hein .. )( Except for the VCS 4 -wich was a prototype
Ben... y z'ont pas été bien nombreux à en revenir, de la Lune... ( Very few came back from the moon

Ce qui était intéressant dans ce modèle c'est que chacun des exemplaires n'a servi qu'une fois ! Et ça... on en est sûr ! What was interesting is that each of these ones only served once. And we can be sure of that !
-Just translating the above in english, so that non French readers -ie 99% of KVR- can understand a bit this famous desperate French humour :)

Another Double Core sound of the Xils 4

Xils 4 Dual Trippy

It uses the two synths L and R, both with a 12db filter, but one uses trapezoidal EV ( That you can hear clearly in the end ) while the other filter is controlled by a standard ADSR EV

Else I just discovered :dog: that if you post several small mp3 in a thread, they will be played one after another automatically ( Kudos to Ben for that : Amazing ) So here are the separate presets audio clips I've posted until now. No need to visit all the pages of the trhead to find/listen to them.

-----------_________________

Sound examples A ( Presets from factory lib )

Xils 4 Ld Scream Sync

This preset uses both Xils 4 cores. In the right engine, Oscillators Hard Sync is triggered by an LFO. As you can hear, the Hard Sync can be as sharp, F.a.s.t, and clear sounding as needed.

Xils 4 KY Keybrass

Besides its obvious possibilities as a pure research synthesizer, Xils 4 is also able to produce an endless list of classic analog patches. With this preset you can make chordal/harmony works, standard licks/phrases, and you can even use the bass register alone, as a kind of hybrid analog/acoustic interesting thing. CPU benchmark : Root note + Triad chord takes 14% on my antique QuadCore 9650 ( now 6 yo ) : Pristine quality with more than reasonnable CPU print.

Here's one : dry without reverb, and I only played some str8 notes on the keyboard, no modwheel, AFT, or Joystick live modulations in this part ( though this patch is equipped with such mods if you feel its not enough )

Xils 4 Center Of Earth

The sound at 1'36" reminds me of a preset I made a few days ago for Xilistics 4 "haunted voices". Very similar vibe, though "Haunted Voices is more structured.

Xilistics 4 Haunted Voices

I used the PB for the slide. Add a rich large Chamber reverb on it, and it becomes really bewitching :)

Another couple of Xils 4 presets, and how they work

Xils 4 Ky One Beat After

This preset uses the Xils 4 Lag Generator. As the Lag module can be synhronised to Midi clock, I programmed it so that the second enveloppe is triggeret one beat after the Note On event. So the groove will always be *perfect*, but also human, as it depends on how you play. New surprising, but intuitive and *musical* keyboard/playing techniques is one of the things I really love in Xils 4

Xils 4 SequenzerFood 2

This preset uses Xils 3/4 ability to get different tunings for different oscillators ( like you can get 1/4 tone scales, but also simultaneously 1/2 and 1/4 tone scales for two different oscillators or patch engines ) You can hear this in the percussive element of the patch.

Lotuzia wrote:-Just translating the above in english, so that non French readers -ie 99% of KVR- can understand a bit this famous desperate French humour :)
Thank a lot for them!
:tu:

:hihi:

Couple of additional demos :

Xils 4 Pad Trapez A

Or how to play/record rythmic chords, an underlying pad, and a lead line ( with expressive aftertouch) in one take

Xils 4 KY E Organ A

If you look at the original sound library of say the Jupiter 8 , it includes many *real instrument electronic emulations*. Competing with real instruments is always a challenge, as you have to create something pleasurable to play with. Here's a simple Electric Organ preset.

Superb all Xils 4 track with a lot of FX/Abstract/Ambient sounds by Lio :tu: :love:

https://soundcloud.com/lionel-benancie/ ... s-4-xavier

Small clip of a preset inspired by a KVR discussion ( Will probably be included in Xilistics 4 )

Xils 4 Duke Lead

A very nice video introducing XILS 4 in Maschine 2...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYVkU4JJTII

Return to “Instruments”