Xils 4 The Pin Matrix Modular Analog Synthesizer [V1.5 released + Intro Price offer]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
XILS 4

BlackWinny wrote:
Frantz wrote:I am saving my money for XILS 5. Here is the preview:

You put a XILS5 like this one on the top of another XILS5 like this one, and you make at least one musician happy : Keith Emerson!
Yes like I said, Xils 4 is much more than layering 2 Xils 3 in your host.

And one of the first fans of the Xils 4 is the creator of the EMS synths, Mr Peter Zinoviev :hail: himself. I'm sure Mr Emmerson would love it too.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

BlackWinny wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:Btw the Xils 4 factory library includes around 300 new presets especially designed for it. And will inherit the Xils 3 Factory Library as well.
Ah yes... Understood. 300 hundred presets, so... 150 presets from the XILS3 which is at left and 150 presets from the other XILS3 which is scotched at its right!
:tu:
The Xils 4 will include nearly 700 presets. Including around 300 new presets that have been specially designed for the Xils 4 itself, and around 400 inherited from the Xils 3 V2.0.

You can load any L/R part of these presets into any of the Left and Right synth Engines. Making mix/match/layering very easy, intuitive and ... powerfull.

With this feature, combined to the Double Vector Synthesis ones, its very easy to make your own new patches in the Xils 4, even if you're not a synth wizard.

If you are a synth wizard, its also very easy to spend hours on a patch to discover new captivating ways of making music and generate sounds : Its an incredible research synthesizer. So all sides are covered.

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

BlackWinny wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:I"ll post some sound examples in the next couple of days to let people guess.
Oh yessssss... Avoid to post dozens of screenshots only, as do an italian company for months about a "future" sampler.

A picture is worth a thousand words...
But a sound example is worth a thousand pictures.

:clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: = :phones:
So true Mr BlackWinny , the Xils 4 will not belong anymore to the future in a few days. It will just be here :) Screenshots are just here to show the GUI and UI ( Ie you can see 512 modulation nodes and their intensity and polarity in a glance in the Xils 4, with the dual matrix view, and still see the oscillators, some EVs etc etc )

SOooo ... here are three minitrack audio demos, in different genres.

Xils 4 Extravaganza

Xils 4 Funkology

Xils 4 4OnTheFloor

Extravaganza for example could only have been done with the Xils 4 ( Hard Sync on oscillators whit a bit of waveshaping ) I've asked to some very talented people to make audio demos for the Xils 4. I'll post them in this thread as they come.

LtZ

vic_france wrote:...Just so long as we don't misunderestimate the power of XILs 4 :P

Thanks.

the Xils 4 has been tested, and reported working Ok, on different hosts/systems/32/64bits config, and here are the 1st results :

Garage Band X: (AU x64 - no problems, even with authorization, although
authorization problems seem to be restricted with soft authorization
methods, not physical keys)
Logic Pro 9 (AU x32) : Validated and worked with no problems.
Logic Pro X (AU x64) : Validated and worked with no problems.
Main Stage 3 (Aux64) : Validated and worked with no problems.
Studio One 2 v2.61 (VST x32) : Validated and worked with no problems.
Cubase 7 v 7.0.5 (VST x32 and x64) : Validated and worked with no problems.
Cubase 4 ( VST X32 Win XpSp3 ) : Validated and works with no problem
Digital Performer 8 (AU x64) : Validated and worked with no problems.
Reaper (VST/AU x32 and x54) : Validated and worked with no problems.
Image-Line MiniHost beta (VST/AU x64) : Validated and worked with no
problems.
Audiofile Rax 8AU x32 : Validated and worked with no problems
DSP Quattro (VST/AU x32) : Validated and worked with no problems
Chainer VST 32b : Validated and works OK
Cubase 6 VST 32b : Validated and works OK

I'll update this list if needed. All intermediate versions of Cubase should work as well.

LtZ
Last edited by Lotuzia on Tue May 13, 2014 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Damn! It's not the 14th yet... over excited me :hyper:

kelvyn wrote:Damn! It's not the 14th yet... over excited me :hyper:
A little try on Mulab (demo version) and Cantabile (the edition "Lite" is freeware) ?
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

kelvyn wrote:Damn! It's not the 14th yet... over excited me :hyper:
Tomorrow :)

The installers for the people who have upgraded from Xils 3 to the Xils 4 might be available a bit earlier though, maybe this --French-- afternoon or evening. I'll post here if its the case.

BlackWinny wrote: A little try on Mulab (demo version) and Cantabile (the edition "Lite" is freeware) ?
We cant test all hosts, but we try to test the majur ones. This said I can add

Chainer VST 32b : Validated and works OK
Cubase 6 VST 32b : Validated and works OK

to the long list. Works perfectly in these 2 additional ones. I have updated the list in the post above accordingly.

Xils 4 installers ( currently for those who have purchased the Xils3->4 Upgrade ) AND Xils 4 DEMO versions are now available !

To get the FULL VERSION INSTALLERS please visit this page or DL them directly using the following links :

Xils 4 Windows ELicencer
Xils 4 Windows Ilok 1/2
Xils 4 Mac eLicencer
Xils 4 Mac Ilok 1/2

To Dl the DEMO VERSION installers, please visit this page, or use the direct links below

Xils 4 DEMO version Windows
Xils4 DEMO version MAC

Note -Demo Version- : The limited fetures demo keeps a pure sound : no crackles, noise or silence. Restrictions : •No preset or project saving.•No bank import or export.•No automation or MIDI cc•No time limit •No dongle or serial number required

Thanks for reading,

LtZ

Excellent. I can confirm that it also works on Cubase 6.5 64 bit on Win7.

I find the GUI a bit confusing though, but I guess the "BIG GUI" will give a better view of the complete synth - so hopefully that's included in a v1.01 :)
music // twolegs // geometriae
sounddesign // twolegstoneworks

I did some tests with the full version of the Windows eLicenser 64-bit plugin of XILS4 on Windows 7 64-bit.
So far it seems to work nicely in Ableton Live 9.1.2 Suite 64-bit and the demo of Bitwig Studio 1.0.8.

In the mod matrix It is also possible to use e.g. mod sources and destinations from the right side in the left and vice versa so indeed this seems to be more than just a layer of two sounds.
In fact you have morethan 2 pages for a patch where the additional ones could be switched with the big white arrows at the right and/or left borders of the GUI.

Starte playing with the new factory sounds and with the Lead sounds i like one called "LD Inharm Hat LtZ" which is a layer of a more or less typical (but nice) analog lead and a bell like sound (done with the Ringmod).
The patch "LD Right Treads Left LtZ" uses the Osc Sync in the left part which sounds really nice.

If i checked it right Osc Sync is not included with XILS 3.2 so this is really a great addition.

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Tue May 13, 2014 3:31 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Hello Lotuzia

I have installed the demo in Ableton 32 Bit Beta and Ableton 64 Bit Suite Version: My DAW crash :S on MAC OS

"Live's last program run was abnormally terminated because of the VST-Plug-in "XILS 4.vst". This plugin will be deactivated for use in Live. Other applications will not be affected.
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

Gonna wait for XILS 8

pinkpanther wrote:Gonna wait for XILS 8

It would fit perfectly (far better than a guitar) in the International Space Station.
:D
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

XILS4 0.0.0 Crashed validation Logic Pro X/Mavericks

Mmm! Shame:(

Table - fingers- drumming...

Return to “Instruments”