Xils 4 The Pin Matrix Modular Analog Synthesizer [V1.5 released + Intro Price offer]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
XILS 4

BlackWinny wrote:Ok, I think I have understood now.

Here, starting at 5:35 until the end:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTLRjXsrNSQ

It's that?
Nope. I don't think this sound appears anywhere except the Equinoxe IV (original, I'm not sure of the concert versions).

Hi Z1202,

I read very very quickly the few last post, and maybe this hint could help (but maybe I misunderstood something)

The osc 1 and 2 can be very low but the direct component is removed. This means that for very low frequency square, the result doesn't look as square any more.

Only the Osc3, when set in "LOW" range does not remove the direct component.

If this feature is too limiting, it's quite easy to add mode to remove it (just a GUI concern)

Maybe this will help otherwise forgive me

Best regards
Xavier

Lotuzia wrote:To answer quickly to the dozen of PMs I've received since yesterday :

1/ The Elicencer dongle is free, and worldwide international P&p is included in the offer. No additionnal/hidden fees when checking out.

2/ If you want the free Elicencer, you must choose the "Elicencer with a dongle" option in the store page. ( Please, See direct link to the store below )

3/ Even if you already have an Elicencer, it might be a good idea to still order the dongle. You can use it if your original Elicencer begins to be a bit tired, put other licences on it etc.

4/ It is the exact SAME Elicencer that you can use with Steinberg Cubase etc. You will therefore be able to use it for numerous other products than Xils-lab. Its NOT a special Xils-Lab dongle. If you already have an Elicencer dongle, you dont have to use a 2nd USB port to use the Xils 4, or wait to receive the Elicencer USB Stick sent by Xils-Lab to use the Xils 4 : Just put the licence on your Elicencer and you're ready to go in 1mn.

Xils 4 Store page : http://www.xils-lab.com/products/XILS-4 ... ected.html

Thanks for reading, and sorry if all the above was not made clear enough before.

LtZ
What if I want Xils4 and an ELicencer - but own an iLok2?
Can I order it with the ELicencer and use it with the iLok2 until the ELicencer arrives?
chrs
Lloyd

Hi Lloyd,
If you want the XILS 4 running on your free USB-eLicenser, then you can ask for a time limited iLok demo license.
Your eLicenser will come before it ends.
If you want the free USB-eLicenser, but need an iLok code for the XISL 4, contact us (the store doesn't allow this, when asking for the free eLicenser, it is sending a eLicenser code)

Best
Xavier

OK thanks for the reply. I'm trying the demo already on the iLok. Will get back to you.
chrs
Lloyd

xavier wrote:Hi Z1202,

I read very very quickly the few last post, and maybe this hint could help (but maybe I misunderstood something)

The osc 1 and 2 can be very low but the direct component is removed. This means that for very low frequency square, the result doesn't look as square any more.

Only the Osc3, when set in "LOW" range does not remove the direct component.

If this feature is too limiting, it's quite easy to add mode to remove it (just a GUI concern)

Maybe this will help otherwise forgive me

Best regards
Xavier
Hi Xavier,

thanks a lot for your answer. Unfortunately, I couldn't reproduce the behavior you described. I used Osc2 square to modulate the filter cutoff at full resonance (at the same time feeding Osc2 into the filter to excite the filter). However, even at Osc2 frequency around 1Hz the modulation still sounds as a perfect square. XILS4 v1.0.0 May 10 2014 DEMO (no dongle).

hueynym wrote:
aMUSEd wrote: Well I don't think 'intricated' is a word
It's not a word in English - although U.S. President Bush used it (incorrectly) several times. However, I believe the word, and idea behind it, is more closely related to: "InStricated" - Although it's probably fine as it is now...

strategery.

AstralExistence wrote:
hueynym wrote:
aMUSEd wrote: Well I don't think 'intricated' is a word
It's not a word in English - although U.S. President Bush used it (incorrectly) several times. However, I believe the word, and idea behind it, is more closely related to: "InStricated" - Although it's probably fine as it is now...
strategery.
Excuse me, but intricate IS an english word, at least according to Merriam-Webster: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/intricate
Fernando (FMR)

BlackWinny wrote:Maybe an example in this little video (a tour in his studio) where he comes back several times to his two Putneys:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctOhwRGdVvo
This guy has such a good accent : I can understand everything in this video :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Xils 4 can easily do all the sounds exposed in this video, there's a sound i this video wich reminds me one of the presets I made recently for the Xils 4 version of Xilistics. I'll try to post a quick sound example today or tomorrow ( haunted voice preset )
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

metal wrote:
Lotuzia wrote: Thanks now I understand better. I dont know if such a big GUI is schedulled, i'll ask Xavier and report here ( seems to me that it would be too large for the screen in most resolutions but well we'll see )

Meanwhile I'll try to explain the best I can the logic of the 3 Xils 4 panels. I hope this will help you.

In the Xils 4 you have 3 big panels, and always 2 are visible simultaneously.

The First panel is the Left synth lets call it L
The second Panel is the Right Synth lets call it R
And finally the third panel is the extended matrix, fx, sequencer etc, lets call it EXT

So you can have :

L R ( Shows both synths L & R ) or
L EXT ( Shows Left synth and EXTended ) or
R EXT ( Shows Right Synth and EXT extended )

When the EXT is displayed you can switch between L and R synths by clicking on the left sidebar big arrow
When L/R is displayed you can revert to L EXT by clicking on the right sidebar arrow

And thats all the logic about the panels.

So the Xils 4 intends to display what is really usefull at T time when you program a patch ( as it would not make sense to always display all panels when you work on a patch only using the LEFT synth Engine for example )

When you program complex patches you can switch easily to work on the two parts you need. I agree sometimes you have to switch more than you would like. But once you understand the logic its reasonnably fast. So a 3 panel view would be cool I agree but I dont know if it would fit all screens, especially the ones for laptops.We already had to implement a special trick for laptops, allowing you to detach the lower panel.

There are so many modules and possibilities on the Xils 4 that its very difficult to make it a one view synth.

Ok I'll ask Xavier if something like this was schedulled and report here.

Yes, a full GUI will take up a lot of screen-space, but it would be really cool if you could have an option to select "normal" and "extended" GUI.

Love the synth btw!
Thanks Torben,

We'll try to make a large 3 panel view option in the next major update, wich might also bring something really special for the Xils 4. A few months will be necessary though, so dont expect it too soon. Its a lot of work.

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

BlackWinny wrote:Maybe an example in this little video (a tour in his studio) where he comes back several times to his two Putneys:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctOhwRGdVvo
The sound at 1'36" reminds me of a preset I made a few days ago for Xilistics 4 "haunted voices". Very similar vibe, though "Haunted Voices is more structured.

Xilistics 4 Haunted Voices

I used the PB for the slide. Add a rich large Chamber reverb on it, and it becomes really bewitching :)
Last edited by Lotuzia on Sat May 24, 2014 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Z1202 wrote: .........

it would be really awesome to hear a number of the weird FX noise examples. ........

Regards,
{Z}
Here's one : dry without reverb, and I only played some str8 notes on the keyboard, no modwheel, AFT, or Joystick live modulations in this part ( though this patch is equipped with such mods if you feel its not enough )

Xils 4 Center Of Earth

This patch is a typical texture of those pure electronic experimental tracks you can hear here and there ( Some last fo a few hours like one I listened to a few days ago) Let me know if its the kind of sounds you're after, and I'll post some other ones.

LtZ

Hi guys!
i bought Xils LE some years ago.
I admit that i didn't use it so much beacuase for my kind of style heavily based on automation it lacks some little things that makes the old VCS/SynthiA one of the greatest beasts for experimental improv stuff.

So i'm really planning to upgrade to XILS 4 but i see that those kind of limitations are still there.
So a few requests. Hope that some developer will listen to me :-)

1. An alternative mode ( via option menu ) for the Oscillator frequency knobs to be full scale ( 0 hz - 16.000 Hz ) as the real VCS/Synthia.
This way we can keep compatibility with the normal mode ( Octave range and semitones ). Obviously the new full scale parameters should be available as VST automation parameters

2. Matrix pin on/off and amount available as VST automation parameters

3. Joystick X, Y values and X, Y range available as VST automation parameters

can i hope for the future and buy this baby?

thanks and all the best

a.

i guess that 2. and 3. are pretty easy to implement. and i guess that even 1. would not be so difficult.

About the joysticks... If someone could answer a question I asked few days ago and which has received no answer at all... Thanks in advance!

It's here : USB MIDI joystick controllers
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

BlackWinny wrote:About the joysticks... If someone could answer a question I asked few days ago and which has received no answer at all... Thanks in advance!

It's here : USB MIDI joystick controllers
Hmm you can use XY controlers on Novation keyboards for example. Or HW synths equipped with joystick and that can send midi data. But a dedicated USB JS I dont know of any.

Or you can map two sliders/knobs of any hw midi controller to the X and Y axis of the Xils 4 ( this is what I use when I dont want to use my Novation XY pad or map my korg JS via midi ) Its not optimal and not the same feel than a joystick, but it works.

Return to “Instruments”