Freeware Firebird 2.1 public beta released!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FireBird

Version 2.1 of our freeware Firebird synth is now in public beta.

Download it from here: http://www.tone2.com/Tone2_Firebird.zip

New in v2.1
  • Contains 70 additional sounds by Xenos. To load them click on 'setup' and load the factory bank 'condemned'.
  • Contains a fix for the iLok/Pace driver which could crash the plugin.
  • Updated installer
  • Several minor enhancements
FireBird 2 - now available for free!

Previously a $79 product Firebird now continues as freeware, so please feel free to share Firebird 2 with all your friends!
We hope you'll enjoy working with it.

Thanks Bastiaan. Great synth

Bastiaan from Tone2.com wrote:Image

Version 2.1 of our freeware Firebird synth is now in public beta.

Download it from here: http://www.tone2.com/Tone2_Firebird.zip

New in v2.1
  • Contains 70 additional sounds by Xenos. To load them click on 'setup' and load the factory bank 'condemned'.
  • Contains a fix for the iLok/Pace driver which could crash the plugin.
  • Updated installer
  • Several minor enhancements
FireBird 2 - now available for free!

Previously a $79 product Firebird now continues as freeware, so please feel free to share Firebird 2 with all your friends!
We hope you'll enjoy working with it.
I must give props to Tone 2! As generous as it is when a commercial product is set free, it usually follows that it will not be developed any further. So it is an appreciated surprise that Firebird is being updated. Thanks

Kevin Deas wrote:I must give props to Tone 2! As generous as it is when a commercial product is set free, it usually follows that it will not be developed any further. So it is an appreciated surprise that Firebird is being updated. Thanks
I wonder why they have updated the installer?

Is it because there have been problems with latest version of OSX ?

Numanoid wrote: I wonder why they have updated the installer?
Could be the iLok/Pace fix.

Musical Gym wrote:
But why is that needed, I can't remember that I have used Firebird with iLok ?

Um..thanks, but I'll stick to my free earlier dll only version ;) I hate installers - especially when they complicate things, if you know what I mean... ;)
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

Numanoid wrote:
Musical Gym wrote:
But why is that needed, I can't remember that I have used Firebird with iLok ?
All I know is that Bastiaan reported above that they implemented a fix for it. Maybe it was still in the code even though not implemented. I've had Firebird for years and don't recall any Pace protection, but it could have been implemented in the background? I know for sure I never used iLok for it unless it was a soft e-licenser in code behind the scenes. I guess Bastiaan may chime in if he revisits the thread.

idfpower wrote:Um..thanks, but I'll stick to my free earlier dll only version ;) I hate installers - especially when they complicate things, if you know what I mean... ;)
+1

The main thing would to get the extra patches, but wasn't those already avaiable for free?

this thread's gonna get crazy like the old one, I just know it... hehe

I think there were some issues for people who had iLok on their system for other stuff... not for Tone2 stuff. Tone2 does not use iLok.

I'm with Kevin... thanks Bastiaan & co. for updating a synth that was already set as freeware!
Available on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

Sequent wrote:I think there were some issues for people who had iLok on their system for other stuff... not for Tone2 stuff. Tone2 does not use iLok.
I have had both Firebird and iLok/PACE on my Windows 7 system for well over a year, no problems here.

Yep, thanks for the freebie.
arkmabat wrote:this thread's gonna get crazy like the old one, I just know it... hehe
I guess so too...

This is an excellent synth.......and to boot it's "free"!! I've been using it for a few months and do like the quality of sounds it generates.

I don't have an iLok and wondered if this update will mess up anything? I'm hoping not as I'd like to use the additional patches,
Make music :harp:

StickyWicket wrote:I don't have an iLok and wondered if this update will mess up anything? I'm hoping not as I'd like to use the additional patches,
But I think these patches are the same that Xenos set free last year. You can download them separatly at the Firebird page in KVR database, the patch set was added to the KVR database last year

http://www.kvraudio.com/product/firebir ... /downloads

So no need to install the update to get the patches, just download them from the database and load them up in the Firebird version you already got.

Return to “Instruments”