Freeware Firebird 2.1 public beta released!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FireBird

K82 wrote:I have a another question:

I own firebird payware version and if i'm correct the ddl itself was around 14mb.
Why is the freeware version 37 mb?
The current DLL is around 19mb if I remember correct, the rest of the installer is the Saurus & Nemesis demo, you can choose from within the installer whether or not to install those next to Firebird.

We're being way too paranoid...

I had a problem installing version 2.0 on my windows xp and windows 7 machine so I used the V1.11 I got in the give away which does have any problems and all i need is my keyfile to activate with a serial and i got the plugin but I didn't think it had ilok or pace involved in it, this doesn't complicate things if you have no pace/ilok software on your computer which I do, UVI has Pace software and so does soundtoys, I also want other products with pace and ilok but it's not cheap for an ilok 1 or ilok 2 usb key so i never had gotten any until now with the pace/ilok cloud where i could activate a ilok/pace software with only my computer and without the usb key like you do with protools but i didn't think firebird or any tone2 products used pace/ilok either, I always thought it was a keyfile activation, I will try this beta but I'm not using version 2 as all my presets are for v1.11 and I'm not updating them, I got Version 1.11 in a giveaway in 2013 and I will continue to use it but I couldn't get V2.0 to install on either pc's I have so I will try it now with the fixed installer.

arkmabat wrote:We're being way too paranoid...
No, we're not..........
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

One of the BEST freeware synths available.

Lol, I was just looking for a thread to express how much I like this synth. Thanks guys! :
It will be in my first production :)

PatchAdamz wrote:One of the BEST freeware synths available.
:) I agree! :)
바보

First track, used FB for bass. Can't upload anywhere from my lovely android tab though ;)

Dazed Veins wrote:First track, used FB for bass. Can't upload anywhere from my lovely android tab though ;)
Does Firebird run on Android now :?:

I own firebird payware version and if i'm correct the ddl itself was around 14mb.
I'm guessing some of those MBs come from the included "illegal Tone2 software sniffer". It's there, trust me.
[Insert Signature Here]

bailees7irish wrote:

I'm guessing some of those MBs come from the included "illegal Tone2 software sniffer". It's there, trust me.
What? :o

What happend to the attitude :P
bailees7irish wrote:Don't listen to these grumpy nay-sayers. The same group seems to come out from beneath their rocks to s ** t on any thread that isn't about Diva, Omnisphere or Spire.

Numanoid wrote:
gamecat666 wrote:and theres now some anti-crack stuff going on in the background.
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... n#p5457940
As my computer is certified 100% free of any cracked software, there is no need for me to have a checker for that installed, I manage to do that myself.
:hihi:
[Insert Signature Here]

Numanoid wrote:
bailees7irish wrote:

What? :o

What happend to the attitude :P
bailees7irish wrote:Don't listen to these grumpy nay-sayers. The same group seems to come out from beneath their rocks to s ** t on any thread that isn't about Diva, Omnisphere or Spire.
I'm not a naysayer, I have supported Tone2 in the past - by purchasing Firebird when it was $79 in fact.
I was merely stating a fact. And it's a fact that I don't necessarily approve of. I wasn't giving my opinion on the sound of a synth :shrug:

But thanks for taking the time to keep track of what I've been posting about. It's good to know you have so much time on your hands. Perhaps you could do something a little more constructive with it. :wink:
[Insert Signature Here]

Teksonik wrote:
Bastiaan from Tone2.com wrote: Marc,
No worries, I'm not one to be offended that easily. The iLok issue actually had more to do with the way those drivers operate,
Thank you Bastiaan, that was a very kind and professional response. I'll just ask one more question.......if the the new iLok drivers are at fault why are there no other developers releasing fixes for the issues the new drivers cause ? :?
I'd rather not say which, but another recently, really recently released software did do a quick update for this issue I believe.

rsp
sound sculptist

@Installer freeware is 18.8 MB FYI

Return to “Instruments”