Has anyone heard the choirs and strings in Blue 2?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am seriously considering purchasing Rob Papen's Blue 2 synth. I have been searching the Net to find a demo of the choirs and strings in Blue 2. Has anyone heard the choirs and strings, and what is the quality, in your judgement? I don't care too much for simulated vox choirs.

The choirs and strings are somewhat limited but it's not intended to compete with Vienna, EastWest, etc. They are pretty good at creating a gorgeous pad but you won't find articulations that are associated with the real deal. Blue 2 is a fantastic soft synth though. Why not demo it and check them out?

Are you saying they are not sampled choirs, but simulated vox or synthesized expressions of choirs? Are they real sampled choirs or not? I never heard a synthesized choir that sounded real at all. Here's another way to ask the question. How are the choirs compared to those in Omnisphere, which are excellent?

the base samples used for choir and strings are better in Omnisphere than Blue II.

that being said Blue II is not trying to be a rompler, it's a synth with tons of features. the base samples used in Blue II are really nice samples to start with and the features of BLUE II for synth programing are more robust than in Omnisphere.

Omnishpere is my go to synth.

Blue II is becoming my 2nd favorite.

If I need a true choir or strings with articulations then I use my orchestra sample libraries.

If I need a pad or atmosphere that has a choir or string sound as the basis for the sound I use Omnisphere or Blue II.

(many will debate rompler vs synth, I don't get involved with those discussions)

Yeah, Omnisphere pulled some of the choir patches from Eric's earlier Spectrasonic's sample library endeavor called Symphony of Voices, which was very good for it's day and is still good. I think there are also samples from his Vocal Planet library in there. I don't feel either Omnisphere or Blue II give much more than basic string pads, although I give the edge to Omnisphere as it includes Mellotron, Chamberlin, & Octagon. Apples and oranges really. Blue II does have a new choir and string pad that is excellent though.

They aren't meant to be completely realistic, as with EWQL etc...

However, they do sound excellent! There are other glass and percussion samples that are excellent.

I did decide to buy Blue2 from Sweetwater. I'll provide a brief evaluation of my thoughts on the quality of the choirs and strings. I am not looking for 100% realistic rendition of choirs, or choirs that can pronounce words, just simple "Oohs, ans Ahhs." But they must be beautiful sounding to the ear, and can not sound plastic or a bad duplication of the human voice. My Yamaha XS has very many realistic instruments that are stunning. However, the one area Yamaha goofed is choirs. The choirs on my Yamaha XS are awful and unusable. I need choirs.

I trust Rob Papen did a fairly good job with Blue 2. I like his work a lot, and I know Blue2 has immense sound design capability. Bet I can build a nice pad with a choir on Blue2 with some other patch. We'll see.

We're working on a Blue 2 soundbank that will feature the choirs and strings.

Should be done in a couple of weeks...

-e.Blue
downSouthside music
-- Insert profound words here --

downSouthside wrote:We're working on a Blue 2 soundbank that will feature the choirs and strings.

Should be done in a couple of weeks...

-e.Blue
downSouthside music
I checked your website and didn't find this. Are still planning on releasing a Blue II soundbank?

Thanks!
Robert Len Stallard
True to the music...

www.RLSguitar.com
KVR Seller/Buyer Feedback

Return to “Instruments”