A synth from Tone 2 is coming soon

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Looks like v2 has a built-in preset browser (like Nemesis):

But still limited to only one effect per layer?

Some more infos about Electra 2 from Facebook:
Electra 2 also features several new filter types:

- Vocals 2: a vocal filter. Cutoff controls the vocal (AEIOU) and Reso the formant frequency.
- Vocal AM: a vocalic sounding filter with Amplitude Modulation.
- LP AM: a lowpass with Amplitude Modulation.
- BP Boobs: a double Bandpass filter. Reso controls the peak distance.
- M Shape: a Lowpass and a Highpass in series. Reso controls the bandwidth.
Electra2 features a new patch browser, including a keyboard so you can preview the selected patch from within the patch browser.
The factory library now consists of 1180 patches. All factory sounds have been reworked to include the sound quality and CPU
improvements that Electra2 offers.
Electra2 is also downward compatible with the previous version, so all your ElectraX patches will continue to work in Electra2

browser screenshot:

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

I hate to say it but: who cares? It will sound exactly like every other Tone2 synth.
[Insert Signature Here]

bailees7irish wrote:I hate to say it but: who cares? It will sound exactly like every other Tone2 synth.
I dunno'... Nemesis is pretty different to Electra X. Saurus doesn't sound the same as Gladiator.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Oh no... not Tone 2 bashing again...

arkmabat wrote:Oh no... not Tone 2 bashing again...
Not from me at any rate... I'm a fanboy for Tone2. :D
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

bailees7irish wrote:I hate to say it but: who cares? It will sound exactly like every other Tone2 synth.
People who claim this either didn't spend enough time with the Tone2 synths or just didn't spend time with creating their own sounds. That "all Tone 2 synths do sound the same" nonsense is really stupid IMO. The psychoacoustics argument which is mentioned by some people is also not valid as in all Tone 2 synths this could be switched off easily (in Saurus using the "Boost" on/off button).

Of course if you really try it is possible to get a bunch of similar sounds in different synths but each Tone 2 synth has it's own special features and/or synthesis approaches (e.g. VA, FM, Resyntheis, HCM, Sampling, Granular and others). On the other hand you could get sounds from e.g. Nemesis or Rayblaster that are not possible wiith e.g. Saurus or Gladiator 2. The VA engine in Saurus also sounds different to that in ElectraX (or now Electra 2).

ElectraX (now Electra2) is the most versatile of the Tone2 synths (also due that fact that it could import samples). On the other hand it does not include a combination of an additive waveform editor and FM (+ other synthesis modes) like in Nemesis. Also the way how Rayblaster handles single cycle waveforms is quite unique and could lead to great results easily (if you know the basics about how to use it. Raeading the manual already helps...).

As mentioned above Electra 2 will include around 1200 factory presets which is a huge amount.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Robmobius wrote:
arkmabat wrote:Oh no... not Tone 2 bashing again...
Not from me at any rate... I'm a fanboy for Tone2. :D
Same here but this is no secret... :wink:

I got all Tone 2 plugins now and don't really want to miss any of those.
Ingo Weidner

Robmobius wrote:
I dunno'... Nemesis is pretty different to Electra X. Saurus doesn't sound the same as Gladiator.
I bought Firebird years ago before it became freeware. I loved it (still do) but everything from Tone2 that came before it and since has the same sound to it...and I know I'm not alone in this opinion :shrug:
[Insert Signature Here]

the upgrade price for electraX still tba. hope it's not that much i bought it just before the grace period now.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

was there a release date mentioned somewhere in this thread?
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

bailees7irish wrote:I bought Firebird years ago before it became freeware. I loved it (still do) but everything from Tone2 that came before it and since has the same sound to it...and I know I'm not alone in this opinion :shrug:
While they all have some differences, they do all have a certain characteristic in common -- "the Tone2 sound" -- and it's not to my tastes. I was excited about Nemesis but it has it too. :scared:

bailees7irish wrote:
Robmobius wrote:
I bought Firebird years ago before it became freeware. I loved it (still do) but everything from Tone2 that came before it and since has the same sound to it...and I know I'm not alone in this opinion :shrug:
I don't think it's the synths that have to be blamed for that. Probably, what you mean is that all the sounds (presets) that come with each synth are very much in the same path. But the synths themselves are very different, and they can produce very different sounds from each other. I have all of the Tone 2 synths except Nemesis, and I like them, but I agree to some extent that the sounds that come with them are all very EDM oriented.

That doesn't matter to me, though, since I buy the synths for what they are, not for the sounds that come with them.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:
bailees7irish wrote:
Robmobius wrote:
I don't think it's the synths that have to be blamed for that. Probably, what you mean is that all the sounds (presets) that come with each synth are very much in the same path. But the synths themselves are very different, and they can produce very different sounds from each other. I have all of the Tone 2 synths except Nemesis, and I like them, but I agree to some extent that the sounds that come with them are all very EDM oriented.

That doesn't matter to me, though, since I buy the synths for what they are, not for the sounds that come with them.
No, I'm not just talking about the presets. I'm talking about the overall sound of the synth, the Tone2 sound, as foosnark mentioned.
[Insert Signature Here]

bailees7irish wrote:
fmr wrote:
bailees7irish wrote:
Robmobius wrote:

No, I'm not just talking about the presets. I'm talking about the overall sound of the synth, the Tone2 sound, as foosnark mentioned.
As someone who owns al Tone 2 plugins, has programmed patches for most of them (approaching 500 alone for Saurus and Rayblaster together) and also owns and has played with most soundsets available (with thousands of patches all together...) for those synths i am very sure that you are wrong.

Besides EDM/Dance stuff there are soundsets for many different categories and genres like e.g. Arps, Step sequences, Pads, Atmospheres Classic FM sounds, vintage/oldschool analog sounds or chiptune sounds. even soundsets focused on EDM include a bunch of patches that are more for general use.

Even after all that i a sure that we (and me too) are not even close to have fully explored what it possible with those synths.

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner

Return to “Instruments”