Komplete 10 Date - Oct. 1 2014

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

robojam wrote:I don't really have any interest in the hardware, but it looks like a better upgrade from 8 standard to 10 standard than the upgrade would have been from 8 to 9 (which I skipped).

The hardware definitely seems overpriced to me.
:) true, to me (owning K9) the upgrade to K10 isn't worth it as well, upon first view.
I think you really get your money's worth if you skip one each time.

gamecat666 wrote:
BDeep wrote:I love Prism and Razor too, but I often forget to reach for them because they're not in my direct view. Maybe I'm shallow.... ;)

The browser thing, I don't know, maybe have to wait and see. But I'm not that interested in having all NI's presets collected under one roof.
the latter answers the former, I find.

Its nice to have the -entire- library of komplete presets categorised by type. Very often i've pulled up a cool preset in maschine to find its made by some obscure reaktor instrument that I didnt even know I had (so i'd never have heard it otherwise!)
:)
Yeah that to me is the major advantage of tag based browsing, rather than thinking in terms of particular plugins you start to think more in terms of what type of sound you want, then you get a list of say all evolving pads and that may include Reaktor ensembles, Kontakt samples, Massive or FM8 patches all in that same list. Of course that's something Kore gives me already.

BDeep wrote:
robojam wrote:I don't really have any interest in the hardware, but it looks like a better upgrade from 8 standard to 10 standard than the upgrade would have been from 8 to 9 (which I skipped).

:) true, to me (owning K9) the upgrade to K10 isn't worth it as well, upon first view.
I think you really get your money's worth if you skip one each time.
Completely agree, every other release has been what I've done ever since I first owned it - only ever bought the even numbered updates. If I had the money to upgrade each time I would, but it's not really worth it IMO.

On the "Buy now" pages for K10 and K10 ultimate, part of the System Requirement is "high-speed internet required.". Anybody know why?

Also, is there a detailed description of the keyboards? - EvilDragon mentioned aftertouch (polyphonic / note, or Channel Pressure?) but I could not see it mentioned.
Last edited by DarkStar on Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

i think to authorized the product... i.e. the service center app...

rod_zero wrote:Keyboard browsing doesn't work without Komplete, so if you have a pair of NI instruments only it wont work with the komplete browser.
That will come in an update, though.

BTW guys - the keyboard isn't USB powered because USB cannot provide enough current for all those LED lights. That should have been obvious from the get go, don't you think?
DarkStar wrote:Also, is there a detailed description of the keyboards? - EvilDragon mentioned aftertouch (polyphonic / note, or Channel Pressure?) but I could not see it mentioned.
Got the info directly from Thanos@NI. Of course it's mono aftertouch. Poly AT is still too expensive.

EvilDragon wrote:
rod_zero wrote: BTW guys - the keyboard isn't USB powered because USB cannot provide enough current for all those LED lights. That should have been obvious from the get go, don't you think?
Not really, push has plenty of led lights and a screen all usb powered. They could have done similar and have it work in 2 modes, dimmer if running on usb and full power brightness when powered separately

loungepanda wrote:
Advanced functionality in the following hosts: Ableton Live 9.1.4
Been eyeing the Push for a while, but this might be a better choice? Hmm
I can't see an NI controller being a better choice for work in Ableton, UNLESS you use primarily NI instruments. And the sequencers and scale modes on Push are very nice. I haven't really kept up with the news on these controllers because they just don't excite me. I already have 2. (3 if you count my Bass Station 2 which can also act as a controller)

something i find pretty funny... you can upgrade from komplete 1 to komplete 10... but for Komplete Ultimate... you have to own either K8U or K9U...

there is no K7U or any other earlier ultimates, afaik.

...and Ultimates upgrades are a bit more expensive too

chroma wrote:there is no K7U or any other earlier ultimates, afaik.
i don't think so, AFAIK Komplete 6 had also the ultimate option...

I agree.

I only briefly considered the 8 to 9 upgrade but there wasn't really enough to entice me - even during the half-price sales.

This time round I'm definitely upgrading.

As well as all of the new stuff, I also gaining Monark, The Giant, Session Strings, Battery 4 and the Solid Mix fx - all of which will be of use to me - so that represents great value.

Krakatau wrote:
i don't think so, AFAIK Komplete 6 had also the ultimate option...
KVR's news page for Komplete, and googling the original press releases would seem to contradict that...

http://www.kvraudio.com/product/komplet ... ments/news
http://www.musicradar.com/news/tech/ni- ... ice-218568
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

you are right... my "bad"!!!

when i looked on my shelf... i saw my komplete boxes... i.e. komplete 7, K8U, and K9U...

Return to “Instruments”