Komplete 10 Date - Oct. 1 2014

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Being a K guru, I'm sure that you can think of many things. But for the average dork like me, I don't really need it. I do agree about the GUI overhaul though. It would be nice to see something easier on the eyes, but man........all the add ons and 3rd party stuff.......how could it all keep up?

hibidy wrote:I hate to be "debbie downer" but I'm not sure K10 will offer anything significant. Other than bugfixes (which are iffy with IK) I don't know what there is to make "better"

I'd love for them to release "reflektor" from guitar rig though :)
I think the obvious answer is Reaktor 6, which I'm sure will include a few new "must-have" tools in its toolbox.

I have total faith in NI. I've yet to be disappointed with a Komplete upgrade.........not for half-price, anyway. :wink:

And K10U should be downright delicious! The half-price upgrade from K9U to K10U will be the steal of the century, if everything already released will be included in K10U. And that's how it works, innit?

Session Horns Pro
Rise and Hit
Molekular
Supercharger GT
Action Strikes
Kinetic Metal
Drumlab
Discovery Series: CUBA

That's a spicy meat'a'ball!

And one or two of these will probably find its way into K10.
"The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong." - Carl Jung

a quick (insane) idea.
i have a vision of an entire new concept for NI instruments/FX/libraries.
i see a single work ambient, like an hybrid modular workspace between kontakt/guitar rig and reaktor in which you can load everything NI related. you can assemble a patch with e.g. a sample based sample, NI synth, guitar rig / kontakt modules and reaktor modules in a single click, add FX, maybe even external VST or VSTi and build up a single patch or FX.

just to get the idea: load a samples set in kontakt and add a guitar amp from guitar rig, then modulate this sound with a custom reaktor ensamble (maybe you can even set up an arpeggiator). layer this with a patch from massive 2 but spiced with FX from absynth. mix these and pass everything through solid series EQ, transient designer and reflektor.
all in a single custom workspace

all should be spiced up with a script language like Kontakt KSP, also mixed with the possibility to develop new DSP cells for reaktor.

there would be different level of complexity, from the very basic (for preset-based users) to the very deep for instrument developer / sound designers.

it would be a step beyond the old "kore" product or a reaktor on steroids.

you could buy any single instrument/fx/library for NI and use it as standalone or combine it inside this "new" interface, with endless possibilities.

...and then give me royalties for this idea (or at least a free NFR komplete ultimate)! :D

bosone wrote:a quick (insane) idea.
i have a vision of an entire new concept for NI instruments/FX/libraries.
i see a single work ambient, like an hybrid modular workspace between kontakt/guitar rig and reaktor in which you can load everything NI related. you can assemble a patch with e.g. a sample based sample, NI synth, guitar rig / kontakt modules and reaktor modules in a single click, add FX, maybe even external VST or VSTi and build up a single patch or FX.

just to get the idea: load a samples set in kontakt and add a guitar amp from guitar rig, then modulate this sound with a custom reaktor ensamble (maybe you can even set up an arpeggiator). layer this with a patch from massive 2 but spiced with FX from absynth. mix these and pass everything through solid series EQ, transient designer and reflektor.
all in a single custom workspace

all should be spiced up with a script language like Kontakt KSP, also mixed with the possibility to develop new DSP cells for reaktor.

there would be different level of complexity, from the very basic (for preset-based users) to the very deep for instrument developer / sound designers.

it would be a step beyond the old "kore" product or a reaktor on steroids.

you could buy any single instrument/fx/library for NI and use it as standalone or combine it inside this "new" interface, with endless possibilities.

...and then give me royalties for this idea (or at least a free NFR komplete ultimate)! :D
Apart from the scripting all these things (and more) you can actually do in Kore 2 (although even then you could use a plugin scripting host like Lua).

But wasn't kore 2 discontinued?! I discovered it too late. I have the player version and always wandered why NI did not develop it further...

bosone wrote:But wasn't kore 2 discontinued?! I discovered it too late. I have the player version and always wandered why NI did not develop it further...
Yes we all wonder that. It's amazing bit of software and tied together their whole range nicely. The morphing and routing functions were just hugely useful. I no longer use it, partly because it was discontinued, and partly because I use Maschine or host racks instead in Ableton or now Bitwig. But neither of these has matched Kore yet.

I still wonder why they dropped it. Was it because the market didn't take to it that well? Or was it just too annoying to maintain (the internal NI engines were always an annoying confusion for those that owned the products separately). Dunno.

As for Komplete 10, I really think this one has to be more than a bunch of new sample libraries and molekular. It'll probably be released at the same time as new versions of existing products. Massive 2 would be cool, but I've given up hoping about that. Reaktor 6 maybe. Tough to guess. It'll be a surprise whatever it is.

bosone wrote:But wasn't kore 2 discontinued?! I discovered it too late. I have the player version and always wandered why NI did not develop it further...
Sadly yes. Probably the biggest mistake NI ever made.

aMUSEd wrote:
Sadly yes. Probably the biggest mistake NI ever made.
Agreed. The could have scrapped the built in NI plugin engines and simply kept it for hosting/routing/mapping and organization. It would still have been an amazing tool.

Yes, of all the things I would like to get back is something like Kore 2 or some other SW only related patch organizer to keep track of the thousands and thousands of options in Komplete. Just now me thinks a majority of Komplete users use 1% of all the possibilities. Maybe a SW only Kore 2 with easy way to connect this to any midi controller.

ksandvik wrote:Yes, of all the things I would like to get back is something like Kore 2 or some other SW only related patch organizer to keep track of the thousands and thousands of options in Komplete. Just now me thinks a majority of Komplete users use 1% of all the possibilities. Maybe a SW only Kore 2 with easy way to connect this to any midi controller.
It is pretty easy to connect to any controller - every knob and button is mappable using the NI controller editor or options.

^^^^ sounds like it's not just a Komplete synth, but something tied to hardware. Interesting.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

atukao wrote:New synth coming:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bP5aNrm9D0
Skip to 38:00 for the good stuff.........and it sounds like very good stuff! :party:

As a former Reason user, I'm just not used to this (or any, really) level of honest, open, mature discussion. These guys are aces. :tu:

I'm getting the distinct impression that NI is playing chess while the vast majority of the rest of the music software-making world are playing tiddlywinks.
"The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong." - Carl Jung

I have to question firstly will it really be Komplete 10...and not something different. It's a significant number for a revamp and new launch possibly.

How do I say Maschine like the guy in the video...Maaaa---scheeeen, love it ^^

I anticipate greater things from NI than simply Reaktor 6 and certainly a lot more integration of all the existing and new components within the Maschine 2 or 3 software.

Massive has a huge rep and well established...something new with this engine would be extremely appealing.

Also Monark dropped in from nowhere and I can only imagine that was the start of the prospective build up...

we will see, but I certainly love NI despite some of their lesser wise moves (Kore, Pro 53,,,,). Genius and let's be fair unparralleled.

What I personally would like to see is a more fluid operation of the existing models presenting a cohesive integration across their platforms.

For example the indexing and search system on Kontakt is excellent would love to see this in Maschine along with easier integration of existing presets.

Return to “Instruments”