Good free vst instruments & effects HELP!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

:help: I have not been on the internet for a while. So I was wondering if anyone can tell me if there are any really good free vst instruments and effects that I missed since I last had internet access back in February 2011. I mean I'm sure there has been lots of free vst's posted on the forum since then, but what are the must downloads the one's that are must haves, that I will of missed. :oops:

As for effects, nothing has changed much for me personally. I still use Ambiance and Kjærhus for the most part.
Synth wise, you'll have to look into Podolski, Zebralette and Charlatan.
Some commercial synths has gone freeware too but I can't really remember which ones :scared: some are gone too, like NI Kore Player (which I use frequently)

There are way more newcomers since 2011 but I'll leave that to the people who actually remembers anything :lol:

Thanks k-bee, those 3 synths are new to me, so I'll check them.

You are welcome :)

Musicradar has a list of the 27 best free plugins today as voted by the users of the site. Article is from July 2012 but chances are you'll find something there you don't know about :)
http://www.musicradar.com/tuition/tech/ ... y-277953/1

I might change my name to Mr. Freeware :D

:D Thanks Mr. Freeware, there was one I downloaded from that list. :party:

Glad I could help. I'm surprised no one else has weighed in yet though.

This is new to me, don't know how good they are http://solicitomusica.blogspot.com.ar/

IGNORE LINK: not working from this forum, see posts below
Last edited by barrybitter on Wed May 28, 2014 10:14 am, edited 4 times in total.

Can't access the blog. It says it is no more :-o

It's strange, the site cannot be accessed via the URL posted to this forum, however if you put solicito musica in kvr search you will see his plugins posted in the kvr plugin database, and you can access it from there by clicking on developer name. Anyhow some of his free synths are standalone only. still it might be worth checking out to see if it's worth buyinng vst's version http://www.kvraudio.com/product/supertr ... ito-m-sica

Sincerely,
Zethus, twin son of Zeus

Melda Production has a very nice free bundle of effects.

Synths: OBXD, Carbon 2 (in Reaktor free contents), Tyrell N6, Noise Maker, Firebird (sure you have missed this one!) and Synth1 (never gets old!) Those are my favourite free synths.

You can also have some great Magware if you buy Computer Music or/and Beats magazines.

Tone2 Firebird is free now.

Computer Music 200 (Feb 2014) has the full version of Cakewalk Rapture for the charge of the magazine itself. Practically free and a whole lot of awesome too! :D

www.tokyodawn.net/tokyo-dawn-labs/ offers free, pro quality compressors and EQ. Excellent stuff, should be commercial. ;-)

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Thanks, looks good will check it out later.

Return to “Instruments”