Cosmosf vSaturn!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

abstractcats wrote:I think so far, but I've only used about an half hour, so I've got a lot of learning to do.
+1

abstractcats wrote: Thanks, Simon :) I just posted two, of your vidoes, they are very good! An yes, read some of the comments about you and the Cosmosf dev. As for my dealings with you and the SonicLabs team, I've got nothing but good vibes. As for senorship, yeah, the thread, did not merit a lock but I've not reas the whole thread. As for the comment about you, very unkind. Sorry to read that.
Ah, no worries, old and unimportant KVR debates, haters meet enthusiasts, same old stories...

V0RT3X wrote:Well if you guys both enjoy it then perhaps I may have to check it out.

How stable is it? I saw the clicking complaints in that thread i posted, but i read that it can be fixed by "learning" how to use the thing haha
It's pretty stable, at the beginning of Cosmosƒ it crashed when you looked at the monitor but the dev did invest some serious bugfixing time to turn it into a usable instrument and not just a nerdy noise application.

Sampleconstruct wrote:
V0RT3X wrote:Well if you guys both enjoy it then perhaps I may have to check it out.

How stable is it? I saw the clicking complaints in that thread i posted, but i read that it can be fixed by "learning" how to use the thing haha
It's pretty stable, at the beginning of Cosmosƒ it crashed when you looked at the monitor but the dev did invest some serious bugfixing time to turn it into a usable instrument and not just a nerdy noise application.

:lol: right on. Well I am seriously interested in this, and your sound demos blew me away! I think my favorite in that sound cloud playlist was CosmosB. Incredible work! It made me think of blade runner style cities.
:borg:

V0RT3X wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:

:lol: right on. Well I am seriously interested in this, and your sound demos blew me away! I think my favorite in that sound cloud playlist was CosmosB. Incredible work! It made me think of blade runner style cities.
Thank's man - yes blade runner atmospheres are just around the corner with Cosmosƒ, but a lot more too, just use interesting samples, but also the internal synthesizer can produce some amazing stuff and you can mix both worlds by using the dual engine.

interesting to see this plugin is at version 2.4 by now and I still haven't received updates since 2.1

this is and stays a scam and i wouldn't send any money his way if i was in your place.

V0RT3X wrote:
Phase47 wrote:Sounds interesting. Looked at the tiered pricing structure. Closed page.
yah same.. f*** that
ditto

Plus that its only available as 64bit
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Here it's crashing when the plug-in open in Samplitude proX or maschine 2 does anyone has this problem.

SonicLab is checking if they can create the same problem.

edit

problem seems to be related to my screen or video driver
Last edited by James Yo on Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
V0RT3X wrote:
Phase47 wrote:Sounds interesting. Looked at the tiered pricing structure. Closed page.
yah same.. f*** that
ditto

Plus that its only available as 64bit
when this overpriced thing came out he clearly stated updates would be free. now he just calls it vSaturn instead of v3 so he can cash in again. what a lame move.

i have the lite version
but haven't had time to explore it too deeply
'cos i studying etc
it is clearly a unique instrument
i have created some very interesting and usable sounds with it
but i'm not sure how i got there
this next year my studies should reach more into this synthesis territory
so maybe i get to grips with it...

i can't see the issue with the pricing policy???

dave

Not whether there is a 32-bit version?

Wasn´t there a drama of some kind with the dev here in the forums, a while ago?

Neon Breath wrote:Wasn´t there a drama of some kind with the dev here in the forums, a while ago?
Old news, has been mentioned above before.

Finally found the time to install and experiment with the Saturn upgrade, here is a first result mangling some of my own psaltery samples, highly experimental (and dynamic), VRoom is used for the reverb, played live on video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOQA-8NndiY

Neon Breath wrote:Wasn´t there a drama of some kind ... in the forums
In general: Was there ever a time there was not? :hihi:

Return to “Instruments”