One-Synth-Challenge 64: Swierk by Saltline (Voting Done: Z.Prime Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
drzewo Swierk

Why is this thread buried on page 2 ?
Should the active OSC threads perhaps be stickied?

z.prime wrote:
simpic wrote:i have read the rules but im unsure if free arps or sequences are allowed
Specifically, free arpeggiators are allowed, as satya mentioned. However, free sequences are not... the "Your entry must be composed specifically for this contest" rule.
I'm assuming simpic made a typo and meant "free sequencers" ... in which case I'm pretty sure and assume that using sequencers is fine. I don't see why it wouldn't be

^^^ I also assumed it as a typo so didn't say much but it's always good to clarify so thanks z.prime.
Free sequencers are allowed, no problem with that.
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

artao wrote:Why is this thread buried on page 2 ?
Should the active OSC threads perhaps be stickied?
Didn't notice! Ok thanks for the heads up Artao :)

Minor bug report!:

In the External Modulation Matrix page 3, the second target shows Main HP cut 2 times, there is missing the Main LP cut Target. Here a image https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxAA0O ... sp=sharing

J.Ruegg wrote:Minor bug report!:

In the External Modulation Matrix page 3, the second target shows Main HP cut 2 times, there is missing the Main LP cut Target. Here a image https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxAA0O ... sp=sharing

Good find. Thanks for that!

Here's my entry this month. Back to a cheesy bluesy number this time, but with an interesting (well I think so) bass solo with drummer section,

Enjoy and do leave comments, good bad or ugly. I will of course, happily make changes to the final track if people can advise on changes to make it better.

Rob

PS I have submitted it to the OSC group, but it's still waiting for "moderation" ... is this normal? - OK, it's now up and available to all :-)

https://soundcloud.com/doctorbob/blues

Great synth for this month's challenge. Lovely choice chaps :clap:

Agree H, nice synth.

What a great machine for bass!!! My entry accents this with bass solos but also has a soaring lead (further diddled with using automation on the twin delay!).

Just to let folks know I have replaced my original version with one with "less cowbell" ;-) and better definition of the backing - overall a little less wishy washy funfair sounding. If you play it loud watch out for the lead (it's in your face) and the bass solos are loud and pumping as a tribute to one of my favourite songs (My Generation and THAT bass solo by John Entwistle!) Hope you can see the influence there.

Enjoy, and as always, comment most welcome and this track may evolve, depending on what folks think (they are never "quite finished" are they?)

Looking forward to some epic tracks.

Rob

@DoctorBob Great music
Filter Ego

I feel it's a good idea to create a sound bank including all the presets we made for all the songs in this contest. At the end of the contest we could release tho sound bank to all as a gift from us to them. In any way we all are winners ...
Filter Ego

babistrihos wrote:I feel it's a good idea to create a sound bank including all the presets we made for all the songs in this contest. At the end of the contest we could release tho sound bank to all as a gift from us to them. In any way we all are winners ...
This comes up a lot, and generally most people would like to do this. Unfortunately, many sounds in a lot of the entries rely on stacking a number of instances to get the sounds you hear, which makes it difficult to release a soundbank. So, just remember not to take people's lack of shared presets as them being unwilling to share.

Oh, I see...
Filter Ego

babistrihos wrote:@DoctorBob Great music
Thanks for this ...

Glad you liked it ...

I have replaced my track with an update. I have isolated some of the bass riffs "a la Who", tidied up the ending and done a little more balancing of the backing (lots of automation tracks in REAPER, of course).

See if you like this version :-)

And Z is right, stacked instances happen all the time to squeeze the sounds out of these synths. As it happens, I have not stacked this time, but have used e.g. a rim hit along with a "cymbal" sound to get a more effective crash cymbal - so mixing multiple sounds on different tracks to create the illusion rather than a track with multiple instances of Swierk - if you see what I mean ...

Rob

Pretty much all I've been doing so far is creating sounds in Swierk .. I certainly intend to share my patch-bank when I'm done with it. =D

Struggling with making a track tho. Just not coming up with any good lines so far. :/
but such is the Muse, no? LOL

Return to “Instruments”