Tone2 Electra 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Electra3 ElectraX

really fun seeing that Boobs bp jiggle with lfo
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Where are all the new sounds in the demo? All I see is everything I already have.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

it depends to everyone, if a lot of useres upgrade, than they know there price is correct, if they don't than they have to think about a betther offer.
Zebra / AAS is $ 30 upgrade, Diva has comparable same new features than electrax for free, Lush 101 and many more Synths also gets lots of new features for free,
and for the upgrade price you get bazille. That's why 25K like u-he on facebook and only 5K tone2.
If they wan't to sell more, they have to rethink there prices or they drive the same high expensive tour like refx . But I'll give it a try

sacer wrote:it depends to everyone, if a lot of useres upgrade, than they know there price is correct, if they don't than they have to think about a betther offer.
Zebra / AAS is $ 30 upgrade, Diva has comparable same new features than electrax for free, Lush 101 and many more Synths also gets lots of new features for free,
and for the upgrade price you get bazille. That's why 25K like u-he on facebook and only 5K tone2.
If they wan't to sell more, they have to rethink there prices or they drive the same high expensive tour like refx . But I'll give it a try

Yeah I may upgrade at some point but for now I bought Bazille instead for $89.

What a stupid discussion about the cost. If Tone2 give away its software? The comparison with Bazille is more than stupid. The two synths can not compare. Electra2 has since hundreds more opportunities for designing of sounds. Apples and pears.
Owner of the FB site of Audioterm

Would have loved to see more intuitive options for combining sounds/ layering with options to test layers vs. their current design where you pick a sound without knowing what the layers will sound like until you go through the file/load patch/ etc.. menu, It could definitely be alot smoother, such as browser allows layer per synth engine, this is a huge oversight for workflow, but overall , a similar experience and sound..

Fix the above and I'm sold.. and will upgrade if so
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/Take 5/ASM Hydrasynth
Korg Prologue16\Behringer DM12D/Pro-800/Meris Pedals

mysticvibes wrote:really fun seeing that Boobs bp jiggle with lfo
gifs or it didn't happen :)

PietW. wrote:What a stupid discussion about the cost. If Tone2 give away its software? The comparison with Bazille is more than stupid. The two synths can not compare. Electra2 has since hundreds more opportunities for designing of sounds. Apples and pears.

point for me is I can buy a whole new synth for the price of the freakin upgrade.

Yeah especiaslly when some other companies have 50% off, like fxpansion, camel audio, lin plug, aas, NI. also I like the special offer on sound librarys. 50€ for one Soundbank is like refx much overpriced. Thats why everone owns native instrument

when linplug makes sales? this would be great
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

Decided to take the plunge. Yes, I feel it wasn't huge value for money, but I love the new GUI and now the synth feels overall like it's finished. The price doesn't give me that fuzzy feeling I get when buying from certain other companies, if I'm honest. But, it's their call, all we can do is voice our opinion (and there's nothing wrong with that).

One thing I like about Electrax is how you can use it like a sampler. Sure, it only has four keygroups, but combined with sample start point modulation, that's enough to do breakbeat mangling with all of the filters and FX. The varying different types of noise such as linear ramp, bandlimited, filtered, etc, are also very welcome for percussion duties.

And yeah, that new GUI is gorgeous. I like the colour coded lights for the four layers and the knobs are much nicer now.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

I will dive in too, when I have time to concentrate on making music... Soon I hope

Think I find a gui bug in the piano gui, the white keys only play when you press the bottom half of the key, if you press anywhere near the upper half of the key it doesn't play. Only for the white keys though. Not a biggie though.
Last edited by Touch The Universe on Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Sendy wrote:Decided to take the plunge. Yes, I feel it wasn't huge value for money, but I love the new GUI and now the synth feels overall like it's finished. The price doesn't give me that fuzzy feeling I get when buying from certain other companies, if I'm honest. But, it's their call, all we can do is voice our opinion (and there's nothing wrong with that).

One thing I like about Electrax is how you can use it like a sampler. Sure, it only has four keygroups, but combined with sample start point modulation, that's enough to do breakbeat mangling with all of the filters and FX. The varying different types of noise such as linear ramp, bandlimited, filtered, etc, are also very welcome for percussion duties.

And yeah, that new GUI is gorgeous. I like the colour coded lights for the four layers and the knobs are much nicer now.
Any comments on improved sound, or other substantial differences that you think really move Electra2 forward from ElectraX?
Last edited by billcarroll on Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

I assume they are working on Saurus 2 now :)

Return to “Instruments”