RELATED
PRODUCTS
Electra3 ElectraX

Under "Enhancements - user interface:"
- More responsive GUI

Under "Further new features and enhancements:"
- More responsive GUI

Haha. That's how their lists get so long! :lol:

Just to be clear, I'm not saying the improvements aren't significant. There's lots of good stuff there. They just get lost in all the noise. As I mentioned somewhere else, I remember how funny it was how they listed the new aux envelope for gladiator 2:
-New knob: Aux Envelope Attack
-New knob: Aux Envelope Decay
-New knob: Aux Envelope Sustain
-New knob: Aux Envelope Release

:wink:

Sendy wrote:You forgot:

- Removed Herobrine
That alone warrants a big sum

The thing is, they hit the exact marketing spot with stuff like this. When you order a new car, you'll be amazed of how many extras you can order. Or how many features your new electric tooth brush has. No matter whether you need it or not, it simply sells better when you list a ton of features. :) Shiny on the outside, but not many will really get to the bottom of the inside. And those who do will not be the typical target audience which is blinded by the shiny surface, ironically.

all i care about is: 1. how a synth SOUNDS and 2. what it's like to work with. everything else is icing on the cake. a great GUI and a mediocre sound, for example, makes a plugin useless. the sound is king, since that's what this is all about in the first place.

from my point-of-view, E2 is a great plugin, and an audible improvement over EX. i own about 20 synth plugins, use 5. this is now one of them...

I actually haven't bought a new synth in over a year (I think that's a first in my VST history!) but the GAS crept up with this one. I like the design. For some reason the GAS fizzled after demoing for a while, maybe because I couldn't try the new sampling functions. Bit of a silly limitation isn't it?

fisherKing wrote:all i care about is: 1. how a synth SOUNDS and 2. what it's like to work with. everything else is icing on the cake. a great GUI and a mediocre sound, for example, makes a plugin useless. the sound is king, since that's what this is all about in the first place.

from my point-of-view, E2 is a great plugin, and an audible improvement over EX. i own about 20 synth plugins, use 5. this is now one of them...
I'd agree! Sound is king. A nice GUI is always a bonus, but it's a secondary requirement.

I also think E2 sounds better then its previous iteration. :)
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

I'm getting so irritated at so many of you on KVR... this is why I seldom post anymore. QUIT BITCHING ABOUT THE GODDAMN GUIs not being colorful enough or too colorful, or too bland, or whatEVER, and GO MAKE SOME MUSIC. Seriously! This is getting so old. As long as I can locate what I need and it's responsive and functional, I could give two shits about how pretty the GUI is. Sure, a nice looking one is always a pleasing EXTRA, but that's what it is: icing. As long as it works well and is legible, please, stop hanging out on KVR and griping and pursue what should be, by virtue of you having an account on here in the first place, your passion: MAKING music. Not talking about it constantly and racking up tens of thousands of posts. It's pitiful.
"I don't need a signature, do I?"

DrWashington wrote:QUIT BITCHING ABOUT THE GODDAMN GUIs not being colorful enough or too colorful, or too bland, or whatEVER, and GO MAKE SOME MUSIC.
Discussing GUIs is completely on topic here, sir. Perhaps you should take a break from KVR instead of shouting at us.

Ok i understand that this is Kvr. It saddens me though that Kvr feels nowdays like a "weep and cry". What is wrong with you people. Most of you complainers have probably software to last you for a lifetime. Dont like the upgrade price? Fine.. Move on. Invest time in what you got instead of complaining of what you dont got. Seriously how old are the folks around here? 12-13? Cause people born in the 70's would atleast have the good will to know how spoiled we are with great software nowdays. Imagine what a synth like Electra2 would have cost you in the 80's. "Only reserved for Georgio Moroder and Harald Faltermeyer."

Charlie Firpo wrote:Ok i understand that this is Kvr. It saddens me though that Kvr feels nowdays like a "weep and cry". What is wrong with you people. Most of you complainers have probably software to last you for a lifetime. Dont like the upgrade price? Fine.. Move on. Invest time in what you got instead of complaining of what you dont got. Seriously how old are the folks around here? 12-13? Cause people born in the 70's would atleast have the good will to know how spoiled we are with great software nowdays. Imagine what a synth like Electra2 would have cost you in the 80's. "Only reserved for Georgio Moroder and Harald Faltermeyer."

+1
Intel Pentium I7-8700 64GB
Sonar, Ableton Live 9, Maschine, Zebra, Diva, Lush-101, DCAM Synth Squad, Synthmaster, Sylenth1, Komplete Ultimate, Steven Slate Drums, Rob Papen synths, Spire, Imposcar 2, Korg Legacy, Diversion, ABL Pro, Z3ta, Poly-Ana

When a new synth comes out people are going to express their opinion. That's the way it goes. It wouldn't be cool to hang around the forums and just jump every Tone2 thread just to bash Tone2, but I don't thing that's what's happening here.

Customers can express how they feel about the synth release and the price. I'm sure Tone2 mixes that with sales numbers and it all becomes valuable feedback.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

Charlie Firpo wrote:Ok i understand that this is Kvr. It saddens me though that Kvr feels nowdays like a "weep and cry". What is wrong with you people. Most of you complainers have probably software to last you for a lifetime. Dont like the upgrade price? Fine.. Move on. Invest time in what you got instead of complaining of what you dont got. Seriously how old are the folks around here? 12-13? Cause people born in the 70's would atleast have the good will to know how spoiled we are with great software nowdays. Imagine what a synth like Electra2 would have cost you in the 80's. "Only reserved for Georgio Moroder and Harald Faltermeyer."
Typical rant with all the usual specious arguments...

btw, to commemorate the 80's, you are free to send thousands of dollars to Tone2 for Electra2... :wink:

DrWashington wrote:I'm getting so irritated at so many of you on KVR... this is why I seldom post anymore. QUIT BITCHING ABOUT THE GODDAMN GUIs not being colorful enough or too colorful, or too bland, or whatEVER, and GO MAKE SOME MUSIC. Seriously! This is getting so old. As long as I can locate what I need and it's responsive and functional, I could give two shits about how pretty the GUI is. Sure, a nice looking one is always a pleasing EXTRA, but that's what it is: icing. As long as it works well and is legible, please, stop hanging out on KVR and griping and pursue what should be, by virtue of you having an account on here in the first place, your passion: MAKING music. Not talking about it constantly and racking up tens of thousands of posts. It's pitiful.
+1

Although I am not irritated with people on here per say, I just haven't had time to read/post through the KVR forums in the last year or two and balk at the usual KVR fodder, because like you said, I have actually been too busy with my music, practicing and jamming live more with other musicians, and finally producing and recording for some other local bands/musicians, along with audio/video projects and graphic design for band promotion, all because I have made an active effort to leave my computer/internet for a little bit and actually experience more live local music, promote myself and other bands and offer my services, in PERSON, not on facebook/social media or through a forum. And I have never been more humbled and satisfied in a field that is almost a non-paying second job that I still call a passionate hobby that makes me very happy so other musicians can pursue thier dream too. :) :) :) Look for some of my current projects to pop up in the music cafe in the next month or so 8)

metalifuxx wrote:
DrWashington wrote:I'm getting so irritated at so many of you on KVR... this is why I seldom post anymore. QUIT BITCHING ABOUT THE GODDAMN GUIs not being colorful enough or too colorful, or too bland, or whatEVER, and GO MAKE SOME MUSIC. Seriously! This is getting so old. As long as I can locate what I need and it's responsive and functional, I could give two shits about how pretty the GUI is. Sure, a nice looking one is always a pleasing EXTRA, but that's what it is: icing. As long as it works well and is legible, please, stop hanging out on KVR and griping and pursue what should be, by virtue of you having an account on here in the first place, your passion: MAKING music. Not talking about it constantly and racking up tens of thousands of posts. It's pitiful.
+1

Although I am not irritated with people on here per say, I just haven't had time to read/post through the KVR forums in the last year or two and balk at the usual KVR fodder, because like you said, I have actually been too busy with my music, practicing and jamming live more with other musicians, and finally producing and recording for some other local bands/musicians, along with audio/video projects and graphic design for band promotion, all because I have made an active effort to leave my computer/internet for a little bit and actually experience more live local music, promote myself and other bands and offer my services, in PERSON, not on facebook/social media or through a forum. And I have never been more humbled and satisfied in a field that is almost a non-paying second job that I still call a passionate hobby that makes me very happy so other musicians can pursue thier dream too. :) :) :) Look for some of my current projects to pop up in the music cafe in the next month or so 8)
Sounds Good metalifuxx! Keep it up! I really want to get involved locally myself too and plan on doing so in the near future, one step at a time. Peace~Tim
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

The synth sounds awesome but I have to agree that the demo limitations are actually not incentivising me to buy this synth - the features that I'm most interested in have been completely blocked from the user so I don't really know what I'd be buying. So I'm not buying.

How about a fully functional demo with time limitation, I think it's widely regarded as "the way to go" for both users and developers.

Return to “Instruments”