Tone2 Electra 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ElectraX Tone2 Electra3

One point in what i mentioned above is that with the default template patch for the flute modeling you'll get a panflute like sound but as this is implemented as a new filter mode you could "misuse" this to get quite different sounds too.
For example you could use a different waveform (usually in Osc 2) than the default pink noise and/or combine the modeling filter with any other filter (default is an additional HPF).
It's also quite interesting to use one of the other noise modes in the noice/fractal oscillator. Like most waveforms also the sound of some some noise modes (e.g. "Bandlimit") could be varied using the PW knob.
Last edited by Ingonator on Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Looking forward to checking out the new features though, especially the sample editing stuff. Though I'm sure that won't work with the demo.

Anyone know if the looping has crossfading and if the loop point can be automated?

Echoes in the Attic wrote:Looking forward to checking out the new features though, especially the sample editing stuff. Though I'm sure that won't work with the demo.

Anyone know if the looping has crossfading and if the loop point can be automated?
Looks like yes & yes just searching the GUI. I found crossloops options in the editor & start in the matrix.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Stereo sample playback? And did they remove the sample size limitations, I think it was 10 seconds at 44/16 before, everything bigger was down sampled.

Sampleconstruct wrote:Stereo sample playback? And did they remove the sample size limitations, I think it was 10 seconds at 44/16 before, everything bigger was down sampled.
It's unchanged then. Mono, 10 seconds at 44.1.

Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Aiynzahev wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:Stereo sample playback? And did they remove the sample size limitations, I think it was 10 seconds at 44/16 before, everything bigger was down sampled.
It's unchanged then. Mono, 10 seconds at 44.1.

Grmpfff :scared:

Thanks for the info, I'll pass on this one then.

This is from the current version of the Electra 2 manual:
How large can my samples be?
10 seconds with a 44 kHz sample rate
20 seconds with a 22 kHz sample rate
40 seconds with a 11 kHz sample rate
Electra2 uses mono .wav sample files. If you load a stereo file, Electra2 will sum the left and
right sides to make a mono sample.
If the sample file has loop information embedded in it, Electra2 will use this information in the
Sample oscillator when loop mode is set to Loop.
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote:
This is from the current version of the Electra 2 manual:
How large can my samples be?
10 seconds with a 44 kHz sample rate
20 seconds with a 22 kHz sample rate
40 seconds with a 11 kHz sample rate
Electra2 uses mono .wav sample files. If you load a stereo file, Electra2 will sum the left and
right sides to make a mono sample.
If the sample file has loop information embedded in it, Electra2 will use this information in the
Sample oscillator when loop mode is set to Loop.
Hasn't changed since version 1 then, hey Tone 2 it's 2014....

What are these fractal oscillators? The blurb on the website is all hype and explanations. Are they like the fractal oscs in Absynth?

aMUSEd wrote:What are these fractal oscillators? The blurb on the website is all hype and explanations. Are they like the fractal oscs in Absynth?
It appears to mean this: factal oscillators generate crazy outputs shifting from traditional wave-forms to warped chaos.

You then use that to modulate other parameters, like osc pitch or whatever you want. It's like FM synthesis but the source is chaotic, but different levels of chaos depending on what model you choose.
Last edited by Aiynzahev on Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aiynzahev-sounds

aMUSEd wrote:What are these fractal oscillators? The blurb on the website is all hype and explanations. Are they like the fractal oscs in Absynth?
No, they are very difficult to get a meaningful pitch out of, though it can be done if you limit your playing range and choose the right parameters. It's very chaotic. Nothing like Absynth's fractal oscs. Sounds more like a strange attractor - noisy but can go into periodic fluctuations. They are great for weird, oddball sound effects and adding texture to tonal sounds.

Check the manual descriptions for the individual fractal oscillators if you want a laugh. :party:
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

description of the fractal osc modes from the manual:
• Fractal1 - Models a real crazy analogue circuit which cannot make up it's mind! It
simply can't decide if it wants to be a square wave, a sine, a sawtooth, noise or feedback. PW controls it's undecided mood. The tuning mostly follows oscillator pitch.
• Fractal2 - Can be sine, feedback, granular, screaming, flute or sawtooth waveforms.
PW controls the level of chaos.The tuning is mostly predictable and rudely follows pitch.
• Fractal3 - Can be sine, square, band-limited noise, granular or feedback waveforms.
PW controls the level of chaos. The tuning is mostly predictable and crudely follows pitch.
• Fractal4 - Can be square, granular or low-passed noise waveforms. PW controls the
level of chaos. The tuning is mostly predictable and crudely follows pitch.
Besides the 4 fractal osc modes there are 6 different Fractal filter modes in the filter section.

As mentioned above the two physical modeling modes are by default based on the pink noise oscillator mode but you could get interesting and/or "crazy" results using the fractal modes instead (where with the string modeling the results are less "crazy" and more predictable than with the flute modeling).
Ingo Weidner

If the Update-Price is more then $29 for ElectraX owners i'll pass.
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

A short description of the new "BP Boobs" filter mode:

Those are basically two BPFs in series where Cutoff controls the average Cutoff for both filters and the reso knob controls the offset of both BPFs.

Besides the dedicated vocal filter modes (incluidng the new "Vocal 2") this is quite useful for doing vox/vowel sounds. Also quite useful when two of them used in series or in parallel with the dual filter.
Also possible to get interesting results when used in series with a modeling mode (e.g. string modeling).
Ingo Weidner

Pls share if anyone knows .... any chance on changing the slope of the ADSR env.?

Return to “Instruments”