Tone2 Electra 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Electra3 ElectraX

ATS wrote:is that upgrade price a freakin joke? damn f**k me.
that is a steep upgrade price

Sendy wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote:Wow I feel sorry for anyone who currently owns ElectraX and wants to upgrade! 107 usd for an upgrade? That's ballpark new synth VST purchase price more often than not. What an insult to existing owners...
I have to admit, I'm pretty stunned myself. I own ALL of their synths and now I just feel I'm being fleeced, to be honest. I don't think I'll be upgrading.
It is the Tone2 way... to get the feature upgrade, you basically have to buy the soundset as well. I've never liked it cause it feels like I am forced to buy something I don't particularly want to get the thing I do want. But that is what they do and there it is.

Ingonator wrote:A comparable upgrade price is maybe from Zebra 2 to Dark Zebra (ZebraHZ) which costs around 83 € if you alraedy got Zebra 2. Dark Zebra is a combination of new patches (around 400) and new features like Electra 2 is.
Actually, that is not comparable at all. Anyone who has not purchased Dark Zebra still has continued to receive free Zebra 2 updates with bug fixes and new features. Likewise anyone who has Zebra 2 but has not purchased Dark Zebra will have a straight and inexpensive upgrade path to Zebra 3.

The Dark Zebra is an offshoot, not the main development stream. Thus there is no pressure on users to purchase or be left behind.

Cool glad there's a demo out now, 13 mega blastin' pages later!
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

pdxindy wrote:
Ingonator wrote:A comparable upgrade price is maybe from Zebra 2 to Dark Zebra (ZebraHZ) which costs around 83 € if you alraedy got Zebra 2. Dark Zebra is a combination of new patches (around 400) and new features like Electra 2 is.
Actually, that is not comparable at all. Anyone who has not purchased Dark Zebra still has continued to receive free Zebra 2 updates with bug fixes and new features. Likewise anyone who has Zebra 2 but has not purchased Dark Zebra will have a straight and inexpensive upgrade path to Zebra 3.

The Dark Zebra is an offshoot, not the main development stream. Thus there is no pressure on users to purchase or be left behind.
And those who bought Dark Zebra are already entitled to upgrade to Zebra 3 - for free.
Fernando (FMR)

pdxindy wrote:
Sendy wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote:Wow I feel sorry for anyone who currently owns ElectraX and wants to upgrade! 107 usd for an upgrade? That's ballpark new synth VST purchase price more often than not. What an insult to existing owners...
I have to admit, I'm pretty stunned myself. I own ALL of their synths and now I just feel I'm being fleeced, to be honest. I don't think I'll be upgrading.
It is the Tone2 way... to get the feature upgrade, you basically have to buy the soundset as well. I've never liked it cause it feels like I am forced to buy something I don't particularly want to get the thing I do want. But that is what they do and there it is.
I'm with you. I think that something around 49,00 would be fair, but 79,00 is too much. Add 20,00 more, and I could buy the new Wolfgang Palm synth, and still keep ElectraX. It's probably a better deal. Oh well, I may end up biting the bullet, anyhow :scared:
Fernando (FMR)

Decay shape as always bobtailed :lol: :dog:

Whine, moan, growl, complain, lol :)

fmr wrote:...Add 20,00 more, and I could buy the new Wolfgang Palm synth, and still keep ElectraX. It's probably a better deal. Oh well, I may end up biting the bullet, anyhow :scared:
Thanks for turning me on to that. That's actually pretty cool. No "smoke and mirrors" just awesome wavetable synthesis that actually sounds damn good. :tu:

.-.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Ingonator wrote:
Kriminal wrote:Can anyone name the "14 different types if sythesis" in this update?
VA, Subtractive,
Really? VA and Subtractive are two kinds of synthesis? Kinda stretching it dontcha think? (meant in good humor :ud:)

pdxindy wrote:
Ingonator wrote:
Kriminal wrote:Can anyone name the "14 different types if sythesis" in this update?
VA, Subtractive,
Really? VA and Subtractive are two kinds of synthesis? Kinda stretching it dontcha think? (meant in good humor :ud:)
Not every subtractive synth is also virtual analog but every virtual analog synths usually is subtractive.

Is a sampler with a LPF a virtual analog synth?
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Numanoid wrote:
MorpherX wrote:What little-minded people are here in this forum about the upgrade-price !
Belitteling other users in the forum, and you made a total of 3 posts in the forum, I think you are jumping to conclusions sonny :P

Seems you got a lot of bread though, as $90 upgrades is just like peanuts to you.

VA-2 and String Studio 2 by AAS usually cost $199, but I only paid $29 to upgrade from v1 and v2.

You should first learn reading sentences in a correct way, especially the connotation of it.
I have no one belittled in this nice forum.
I only wondering about this discussion regarding the price-policy of a company.
But you are right when you state that for me this price for an upgrade are peanuts to me, especially when I compare it with hardware-synths and -samplers.
Have you ever looked what costs a hardware compared to software.

MorpherX wrote: Have you ever looked what costs a hardware compared to software.
When purchasing a car I generally dont compare its price to that of an airplane and then immediately think any car price is reasonable. They do much the same thing, but exist in different markets with different price points. Much like hardware and software, you cant compare the price just because they do something similar, you compare to similar things in their own market

ezelkow1 wrote:
MorpherX wrote: Have you ever looked what costs a hardware compared to software.
When purchasing a car I generally dont compare its price to that of an airplane and then immediately think any car price is reasonable. They do much the same thing, but exist in different markets with different price points. Much like hardware and software, you cant compare the price just because they do something similar, you compare to similar things in their own market

Electra2 can be compared for example with the former AKAI samplers or others which are specific hardware samplers or even YAMAHA or Roland Workstations regarding sample-features and soundquality and Electra2 will be better in every aspect if you have of course a good audio device connected to your PC and a fast processor and memory.
The only advantage of hardware over software is that you don't depend on a PC and its Operating System.
But nowadays you can compare of course specific synth/sampler hardware to adequate software in a PC.
In the past I had some hardware synth/sampler and they all sounded worse than Electra2 now sounds if I listen to the rcordings.

It's great to see this synth get an update. However, my initial gut reaction (which might change) is a number of these things should have been released to ElectraX for free.

Items in the upgrade summary that should have been incorporated into ElectraX for free:

- Comfortable patch browser
- Enhanced sound quality
- New graphics
- Better user interface
- Enhanced performance

I still like this synth, although at this point I'm considering upgrading ElectraX just to sell it. The only thing making me stop and think about this decision is the inclusion of the "BP Boobs" double bandpass filter. I love a company with a sense of humor.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

Return to “Instruments”