Tone2 Electra 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Electra3 ElectraX

Funny to see that JRR offers Electra X and also upgrade for 150 Dollar = 110 Euro
So the upgrade price is 79 Euro, so the electra x version is worth not more than 31 Euro in the second hand :S
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

cyphersuit wrote:
Ingonator wrote:
cyphersuit wrote:is it true that this replaces Electra-X in ones plugin-list?
For compatibility reasons the plugin name will stay the same and there is no reason to keep electraX installed if you got Electra 2. In fact it is recommended that you deinstall ElectraX before.

Also the folder for the patches wil stay like "ElecraX Sounds" etc.
okay, that will make hold off of the purchase for a while. i remember buying electra-x on first day and wouldn't be able to use it for a good amount of time (because of bugs). loved it when it became stable..
If none of the old ElectraX projects of your host/DAW would have recognized the new version you would have complained too...

In that respect it is not comparable to e.g. DUNE 2 as DUNE 2 is like a completely new synth and not compatible with version 1.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

The upgrade price shows as $89 for me after clicking the upgrade link on this page

https://tone2.com/html/upgrade1.html
Bitwig Certified Trainer

ezelkow1 wrote:Wow, yea I think Im with everyone else, at that price the upgrade is a pass for me. Half that sure, but not at that price
Agree. $49 would have been fine. At $89 I rather get Bazille.

MillerSam wrote:Funny to see that JRR offers Electra X and also upgrade for 150 Dollar = 110 Euro
So the upgrade price is 79 Euro, so the electra x version is worth not more than 31 Euro in the second hand :S
What kind of twisted logic is that? :P

billcarroll wrote:The upgrade price shows as $89 for me after clicking the upgrade link on this page

Maybe outside the european union they show a price without VAT. In Germany the price without VAT seems to be around 66 € but at the end 19% VAT is added.
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

The Dune upgrade is also 80 dollars, just saying...

Ingonator wrote:
cyphersuit wrote:
Ingonator wrote:
For compatibility reasons the plugin name will stay the same and there is no reason to keep electraX installed if you got Electra 2. In fact it is recommended that you deinstall ElectraX before.

okay, that will make hold off of the purchase for a while. i remember buying electra-x on first day and wouldn't be able to use it for a good amount of time (because of bugs). loved it when it became stable..
If none of the old ElectraX projects of your host/DAW would have recognized the new version you would have complained too...
I wasnt even complaining. And in your scenario i would be perfectly fine with if could i still load in electrax and electra2.
Finally!

cyphersuit wrote:
I wasnt even complaining. And in your scenario i would be perfectly fine with if could i still load in electrax and electra2.
That was my point... :)
Ingo Weidner

Ingonator wrote:

So the name of the plugin changes from ElectraX to Electra 2, but the actual plugin dll name remains exactly the same? Rather confusing :?
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

billcarroll wrote:The upgrade price shows as $89 for me after clicking the upgrade link on this page

I'm not actually in a EU state, but the price I see is $99

Looks to me like I just been taxed :D

fluffy_little_something wrote:The Dune upgrade is also 80 dollars, just saying...
Yes, they are both charging 47% of the full price for the upgrade. But I agree the price does seem high.

Since I bought ElectraX after Electra2 was announced, my upgrade is free.

79,- € for an update is too much for me (just like it was with Dune2). It's a great feeling to overcome GAS. :)
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Nielzie wrote:
Ingonator wrote:

So the name of the plugin changes from ElectraX to Electra 2, but the actual plugin dll name remains exactly the same? Rather confusing :?
That's probably because unlike Dune 2 there is complete downward compatibility. So once you got version 2, there is no need to keep version 1 around. I think that compatibility is very useful for people who already have lots of patches. One might say it is worth a lot.
Last edited by fluffy_little_something on Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

If the price is high, noone has to buy. My little rhyme for today. :P Well, seriously, they wouldn't charge the price, if ythey wouldn't be convinced that they'll get it.

Return to “Instruments”