Tone2 Electra 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ElectraX Tone2 Electra3

Some do (BT etc.)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

of the new ones? Then again I am not sure which are the 700 new ones..
interesting.

rsp
sound sculptist

how do i purchase the electrax update please

----
Last edited by Igro on Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tripple post damn
Last edited by Igro on Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Igro wrote:
Igro wrote:
Frantz wrote:
LimboLoves wrote:BP Boobs Tube. Would you believe me if I was laying in bed thinking about a dual bandpass filter two nights ago?
Sure. Everybody loves boobs. :love:

lectropunk wrote:how do i purchase the electrax update please
https://tone2.com/html/upgrade1.html

Explains everything for upgrading

The OSX installer for Electra2 needs to be fixed.

Two major issues with how Tone2 installs Electra2 and Rayblaster, and probably other Tone2 products.

The installer should never make "/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins" world writable, yet as far as I can tell the installer executes the following:

Code: Select all

chmod -R -f 777 /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/
Next, the installer should not be dumping a bunch of files into the "/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins" directory.

This is usually a sign of people who use Windows creating installers for the Mac. You can see Vengeance is dumping a folder in the plugins directory but they at least create a top level folder where they drop all product subfolders. Still not appropriate or to any convention, but certainly cleaner.

In any case, definitely not the way things are done in the Unix, Linux, and Mac world. This is especially true for the recursive change of permissions to the entire Plug-Ins directory. This is a mess that needs to be cleaned up.

NB: Anyone installing Tone2 products on OSX should run a repair permissions using Disk Utility after the install to correct the permission issues.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

billcarroll wrote:The OSX installer for Electra2 needs to be fixed.

Two major issues with how Tone2 installs Electra2 and Rayblaster, and probably other Tone2 products.
Well said.

The installer should never make "/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins" world writable, yet as far as I can tell the installer executes the following:

Next, the installer should not be dumping a bunch of files into the "/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins" directory.

This is usually a sign of people who use Windows creating installers for the Mac. You can see Vengeance is dumping a folder in the plugins directory but they at least create a top level folder where they drop all product subfolders. Still not appropriate or to any convention, but certainly cleaner.

In any case, definitely not the way things are done in the Unix, Linux, and Mac world. This is especially true for the recursive change of permissions to the entire Plug-Ins directory. This is a mess that needs to be cleaned up.

NB: Anyone installing Tone2 products on OSX should run a repair permissions using Disk Utility after the install to correct the permission issues.
Crikey thats very semi Pro
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

It was already like this with the old installer of ElectraX, files and folders scattered all over the Plug-Ins folder, but this looks even worse.

Despite this, I must admit after testing Electra2 against Dune2 for the last week I much prefer Electra2 soundwise and also featurewise. The thing I love about Dune 2 is its unison capability, but I was able to build great patches much faster in Electra2 and I think its capabilities exceed Dune's. Maybe I am wrong, but this is just my impression after demoing both for one week now.

Any chance to get the update from JRR like the full Electra 2 already??
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

I'm debating between my first Tone2 synth.

Electra 2 would take the cake, as its the newest and seems to have gotten great reviews.

However, the HCM of Gladiator intrigues me, and it doesn't seem to be a part of electra (HCM that is)?

much as i too would prefer to see the electra2 files in a path like this: HD>Library>Application Support>Tone2....what difference does it really make? those files were there with electra X, and it never stopped me from working.

how much time does one spend in the Audio>Plugins folder anyway? just seems a non-issue, in the overall scheme of things...

Return to “Instruments”