Tone2 Electra 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ElectraX Tone2 Electra3

pinbot wrote:Is there a PDF manual?
Yes, the installer includes a PDF manual but it is not on the website yet.

I uninstalled Electra X, installed Electra 2, and opened up one of my own Electra X patches. I was expecting it to sound identical but I think the patch sounds clearer and better. Or it could be my imagination. :nutter:

Yes, just wanted to ask the users who have v1 and v2.....
What is the blind test result :)

Frantz wrote:
pdxindy wrote:I found no screenshots of the new gui on the Tone2 site...
I just installed it. The screenshot below, from rekkerd.org, is accurate. Easy on the eyes but kinda boring. Reminds me of some of my Roland gear. I am sure someone will create a better skin.

Thanks... Actually I like that... I'd get rid of the blue and yellow lights for sure as they are just a distraction. I might lighten up the background of the individual screens just a bit for a little more contrast. Otherwise this would be my favorite Tone2 synth gui.

I bit the bullet and plunked down the (far too high) upgrade price, sorry for "giving in." I personally think all these VSTis are maybe $50 or more too pricey to begin with, but again, they are the ones setting the price and we are the ones without the VSTi if we don't buy it (or if you have the patience to wait for price to come down - long time probably)
Anyway I noticed some of the differences immediately - first thing besides the GUI looking more boring (but OK), is that many of the presets are same from original; but there are newer ones too; and that the sound definitely has more of a polished quality to it. Nice new filters too; I think the improved sound, new filters, and few new synthesis options were enough for me to bite (wouldn't have had I been looking about 10 years ago at my wages then.) I love ElectraX and this one, as another poster said, seems finished. I was able to reinstall the patches I had gotten for ElectraX no problem too.
Last edited by synzh on Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

pdxindy wrote:I'd get rid of the blue and yellow lights for sure as they are just a distraction. I might lighten up the background of the individual screens just a bit for a little more contrast.
The blue highlight indicates you are working on the "SYNT1" layer. Each of the four layers has it's own color. I agree it could be improved but it's good that they went for muted colors instead of glass, reflections, and shininess which quickly becomes an eyestrain.

I really like the new gui and the colours indicating the layers. And by the way, very nice post Happy Frog! :-)

Electra 2 has a way to add skins but it is different from the old system where you edited a number in a text file to switch to another skin. The new way involves png files (one for each layer AFAIK) at a certain location. Not sure how far i am alowed to tell details at the moment.

BTW here is a new thread in the Tone2 forum about how to use multisamples with the Electra 2 layers:
http://www.tone2.org/forum/index.php?topic=2137.0

There is maybe more helpful information here:
http://www.tone2.org/forum/index.php?board=18.0

Customers that are registerd at the Tone2 forum could post there too if they like. If you want a reply from the Tone2 developer Markus Krause this is maybe the only way to get this from him. Support emails are usually answered by Bastiaan.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

It's kinda pointless commenting on the GUI of a skinnable plugin, but this stock one looks OK. Electra 2 and Dune 2 are a nice surprise, GUI-wise.

PS: I'm starting to pay attention to the graphics. KVR must be messing with my head.

izonin wrote:It's kinda pointless commenting on the GUI of a skinnable plugin, but this stock one looks OK.
I agree. somehow i had more problems with the old ElectraX GUI, especially the knobs where you did not look at them directly from the top.
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

No customer discounts. No introduction price. AUD 237.41? Pfh Sorry.

I've been demoing E2 and I think it's so far the best sounding Tone2 synth and also the best Tone2 GUI so far - most definitely a step in the right direction (IMO) to scale down the extra stuff a little and make it less flashy.

With NI synths being so ridiculously cheap in Komplete bundles etc. E2 is still about 50€ too expensive for me. I'm seriously thinking of becoming a customer when/if the price comes down, though.

Good job Tone2!

EDIT= While demoing with the standalone version, the synth became unresponsive after the "Get Electra2 now?" dialog box appeared. Responsiveness came back after waiting but sound was disabled and changing the preset resulted in another 30 secs or so of unresponsiveness. Before the dialog appeared presets changed normally.

Liero wrote: EDIT= While demoing with the standalone version, the synth became unresponsive after the "Get Electra2 now?" dialog box appeared. Responsiveness came back after waiting but sound was disabled and changing the preset resulted in another 30 secs or so of unresponsiveness. Before the dialog appeared presets changed normally.
If the demo times out you have to restart the Standalone or the plugin again (not just closing and re-opening the GUI).
Ingo Weidner

Thanks Franz for posting a screenshot of the GUI.

I received the "official" email from Tone2 and sent them a reply back suggesting that they put up some screen shots on their web site. I am far from hurting for synth plugins right now... have so many already, but I think that I will give the demo for this one a shot. I like Gladiator/Gladiator 2 and when you think about it for a microsecond, the fact that Firebird is now free is incredible, especially for a beginner like my 16-year old son who does not even have a Paypal account yet (we are fixing that).
------------------------------------------
Gribs

Shame they don't continue selling version 1 for a discounted price. :?

Have a gander this review... Goes into, just how big of an update it is.

http://www.modulatethis.com/2014/07/fir ... sizer.html

Price seems in line with most other companies.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Return to “Instruments”