Tone2 Electra 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Electra3 ElectraX

Numanoid wrote:
billcarroll wrote:The upgrade price shows as $89 for me after clicking the upgrade link on this page

https://tone2.com/html/upgrade1.html
I'm not actually in a EU state, but the price I see is $99

Looks to me like I just been taxed :D
"Down on the farm" tax?
Bitwig Certified Trainer

What little-minded people are here in this forum about the upgrade-price !

Alone the additional 700 patches and 236 new waveforms are worth the upgrade-price.
If you buy a tone2 soundset for Electra2(X) with 150 patches it costs 50 €, so 250 patches would cost 80 €. And you get additionally 450 patches to this, 236 new waveforms, new filters, oscillators and effects, a little sample editor, and many other new features and improvements.
I have bought the upgrade because its unbeatable for what you get and one of the most important things is, that it is backward compatible to ElectraX.
Dune2 is not backward compatible for example.
The only feature I am missing is the loading of real wavetable and handling them like the build in wavetable.
But beside this it's a great upgrade even for this upgrade-price !!!

billcarroll wrote:"Down on the farm" tax?
Time for some Farm Aid :lol:

MorpherX wrote:What little-minded people are here in this forum about the upgrade-price !
Bro, this is KVR.

We even complain about free plugin here. :hihi:

Anyway since i have Electra2 now, which expansion do you guys think is the best value for money?
musisikamar.com

MorpherX wrote:What little-minded people are here in this forum about the upgrade-price !
Belitteling other users in the forum, and you made a total of 3 posts in the forum, I think you are jumping to conclusions sonny :P

Seems you got a lot of bread though, as $90 upgrades is just like peanuts to you.

VA-2 and String Studio 2 by AAS usually cost $199, but I only paid $29 to upgrade from v1 and v2.

The Soundbanks are way overpriced too! 150 for €50: Are you insane? :hyper:
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

MorpherX wrote: Alone the additional 700 patches and 236 new waveforms are worth the upgrade-price.
If you buy a tone2 soundset for Electra2(X) with 150 patches it costs 50 €, so 250 patches would cost 80 €. And you get additionally 450 patches to this, 236 new waveforms, new filters, oscillators and effects, a little sample editor, and many other new features and improvements.
I have bought the upgrade because its unbeatable for what you get and one of the most important things is, that it is backward compatible to ElectraX.
Dune2 is not backward compatible for example.
The only feature I am missing is the loading of real wavetable and handling them like the build in wavetable.
But beside this it's a great upgrade even for this upgrade-price !!!
I could more or less agree while at the same time i could also undestand people that think the upgrade price is a bit too high maybe, especially for those that do not use any presets or only very few.
The vaue of the additional content is indeed quite high and the factory library while being insanely big now also quality wise is really great IMO.

Personally as a beta tester the upgrade price is not an issue for me but ElectraX besides Saurus is one of the plugins for that i had paid the normal price.

Also when discussing the additional value you have to keep in mind that the price for the full version is the same as before so for people that purchase Electra 2 as a new product do receive an extra value.
For new users also the "big bundle" with the plugin and all 10 soundsets is maybe something to be considered as this saves around 51% compared to the single prices.
Also when adding single or a few soundsets while purchasing the plugin you get a discount for each of the soundsets.

DUNE 2 is more or less a new synth and not compatible with v1 indeed.

A comparable upgrade price is maybe from Zebra 2 to Dark Zebra (ZebraHZ) which costs around 83 € if you alraedy got Zebra 2. Dark Zebra is a combination of new patches (around 400) and new features like Electra 2 is.

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:44 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

am personally loving it. a great upgrade, love the new sounds, features. EX was my fave tone2 plugin, this is even better...
logic pro • sonoma • xkey 37 • eveaudio • 5bil plugins

https://upstatebrooklyn.com

Have not downloaded it, but judging from the photo in the news story, is the GUI really all gray and black? The old version was a bit more colorful. And how about the display contrast of black characters on gray background?

almost seems less..glare'y. anyway, went right to work with it, so no time needed to adapt to the revised GUI...
logic pro • sonoma • xkey 37 • eveaudio • 5bil plugins

https://upstatebrooklyn.com

fisherKing wrote:almost seems less..glare'y. anyway, went right to work with it, so no time needed to adapt to the revised GUI...
Another difference is taht in the new GUI you see the knobs directly from the top (like in other Tone2 synths) while in ElectraX they were more "3D" and you looked at them sligtly from the side.
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Can anyone name the "14 different types if sythesis" in this update?

Kriminal wrote:Can anyone name the "14 different types if sythesis" in this update?
The product description here on kvr says:
"The synthesis types range from traditional ones like the classic Virtual Analog, Wavetable, Subtractive, Phase Distortion and FM synthesis, up to Physical Modeling, Ultra-saw, Vocoder, Sync, Ringmod, PWM, Noise, Wave-shaping and Tone2's exclusive Fractal synthesis"

Kriminal wrote:Can anyone name the "14 different types if sythesis" in this update?
Parabol Spittoon Wave Conduction Remorphasis? I think that's one of them.

.-.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

VA, Subtractive, wavetable synthesis, Ultra-saw, Sample playback, Resynthesis/wave-shaping, FM, Fractal synthesis, String modeling, Flute modeling, formant synthesis, Vocoder, Phase distortion, Noise synthesis.

Those are the 14 i would consider, based on my own thoughts and the list here (at Oscillators & Synthesis):
https://tone2.com/html/synthesis.html
Ingo Weidner

Return to “Instruments”