50% of 2014 past - Tell me what you got

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

Mind to share your shopping cart for the 1st half 2014?
I just bought GlitchBitch effect and Sonar X3 during their discounted period.....

The most regret thing that I've done was not to buy Blue II when it was $99 :x

Regards!
Cowby

Hmmmm....

Cableguys Filtershaper 3
Fabfilter: Saturn, Volcano 2, Twin 2
Fxpansion: Geist
Sound Guru: The Mangle
Steinberg: Padshop Pro
Sugar-Bytes: Turnado

Up next for me is Bazille, Addictive Drums 2 and Glitchmachines Quadrant (30% off sale)

A great year on prices and lots of useful creative tools! :party: :help:

Sonar X3 Studio (w/ Melodyne Essentials)
FL Studio Producer
:phones:

...oh and Studio One 2 for $5 on Cinco De Mayo :party: :party: :party:

DAWs. Gotta catch 'em all.
Last edited by arkmabat on Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

when will be the next "discount" day ?

The previous was Memorial day ?

I'd almost say surprisingly little, but given the virtual heaps of software I allready own there's not much need for anything more...

u-he ACE
pre-paid for the u-he Bazille beta
Humanoid Sound Systems Enzyme (sale, though it was allready cheap)
Rob Papen upgrade from eXplorer II to eXplorer III
Noatikl 2 plugin version

I'm almost ashamed to say I haven't used the Rob Papen bundle much, actually less than the old bundle before Blue II came out. I guess the issues has added up with every little thing I didn't like with the other plugins and grown into a "turn off" for all things Rob Papen for me. Blue II still has some issues that haven't been ironed out and I find many of their plugins stuck in a nineties hardware paradigm concerning some things. For instance in Blue II if you program a patch from scratch, that is from the init preset, it probably won't be recalled in your host. They can't see any problem with that as they expect us to build up banks of userpresets instead of relying on our hosts to recall what we've tweaked. Well, I generally program from scratch for every single project and make several versions of most projects with different versions of patches so that's one sign their plugins aren't made for people like me and they can't be bothered to help me out then. In addition to this it's a sign of unstability to me when it'll sometimes be recalled and sometimes reset back to the init patch for no apparent reason.
Also RP-Delay has amazing functionality but they've imposed meaningless restrictions I consider to be from the nineties hardware paradigm when things could have been so much more userfriendly. The inflexible choice of a few algorithms for instance where I for one would want more flexibility concerning routing of the delays and other "modules", if you can call them that. Native Instruments have done away with that sort of sillyness, and so should Rob Papen.

Noatikl hasn't gotten much use, I've concluded you're pretty much on your own with this darn thing as I found the documentation wasn't really helpful at all when trying to get started and their forum is half-dead. :(

EDIT:this got a lot longer then I meant too, sorry for the rant-ish part.

CM mag with Rapture (unless that was last year).
What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us. - Emerson

Sugar-Bytes: Cyclops.
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Era: Medieval Legends;
Forest Kingdom II;
VSL SE 3;

I think that covers it for this year. I expect my new Martin D-28 doesn't count in this forum. :D
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

FabFilter Total Bundle
Valhalla Vintage Verb
Sonic Academy KICK

Twisted Tools - Ultraloop
Twisted Tools - S-layer
Twisted Tools - Buffeater
Surreal Machines - Dubmachines
Audio Damage - Liquid
Glitchmachines - Microsphere, Quadrant
Julien Bayle - Ultraglitcher
Imitone
Kdevices - Drumk2, Ext2, Ref, Herse
Tracktion 5
Drumatic 4
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

5/12 ≠ 50% :tantrum:
Second half of a year starts in July, not June.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

V-GER wrote:I'd almost say surprisingly little, but given the virtual heaps of software I allready own there's not much need for anything more...

u-he ACE
pre-paid for the u-he Bazille beta
Humanoid Sound Systems Enzyme (sale, though it was allready cheap)
Rob Papen upgrade from eXplorer II to eXplorer III
Noatikl 2 plugin version

I'm almost ashamed to say I haven't used the Rob Papen bundle much, actually less than the old bundle before Blue II came out. I guess the issues has added up with every little thing I didn't like with the other plugins and grown into a "turn off" for all things Rob Papen for me. Blue II still has some issues that haven't been ironed out and I find many of their plugins stuck in a nineties hardware paradigm concerning some things. For instance in Blue II if you program a patch from scratch, that is from the init preset, it probably won't be recalled in your host. They can't see any problem with that as they expect us to build up banks of userpresets instead of relying on our hosts to recall what we've tweaked. Well, I generally program from scratch for every single project and make several versions of most projects with different versions of patches so that's one sign their plugins aren't made for people like me and they can't be bothered to help me out then. In addition to this it's a sign of unstability to me when it'll sometimes be recalled and sometimes reset back to the init patch for no apparent reason.
Also RP-Delay has amazing functionality but they've imposed meaningless restrictions I consider to be from the nineties hardware paradigm when things could have been so much more userfriendly. The inflexible choice of a few algorithms for instance where I for one would want more flexibility concerning routing of the delays and other "modules", if you can call them that. Native Instruments have done away with that sort of sillyness, and so should Rob Papen.

Noatikl hasn't gotten much use, I've concluded you're pretty much on your own with this darn thing as I found the documentation wasn't really helpful at all when trying to get started and their forum is half-dead. :(

EDIT:this got a lot longer then I meant too, sorry for the rant-ish part.

Thanks V-GER, appreciate your reply and I didn't know that issue in Blue II as I am still using Demo.

I was "almost" VISA the Dune II after playing the demo. The sound is pretty darn good but consider that I have Novation UltraNova, I put my VISA card back to my wallet.

Hopefully, until Tone2 released their E2 and I can make up my mind to Blue2 or not to Blue2..

BertKoor wrote:5/12 ≠ 50% :tantrum:
Second half of a year starts in July, not June.

Yeah my bad ! :dog:

But 2014 is not so exicted to me (in terms of the release of the VST plugins).

Well, certainly NOT ST3!
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

I'm new to this so I bought a couple of things that interested me just to have a play with:

Audio Damage Axon (in the sale)
Izotope Iris (also in the sale)
Sound Guru The Mangle

Return to “Instruments”