Audiorealism ReDominator VST/AU is available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ReDominator

Mike Janney wrote:
sonicpowa wrote:I want to like this plugin but it´s just not the alpha juno. The sound is similar but still miles away from hw juno.
It sounds pretty close to the alpha juno in the lab here. The filter in ReDominator is different on purpose, we went with something more creamy, up-to-date sounding. The filter response is actually very simple but the tone differs a bit.

/Mike
always thought alternative filters could be a good mod for real junos, with a switch..

i don't like the big volume knob. it reminds me of the one on the sr16 drum machine,
not a lot of use and leaves you wanting a data dial - which alpha junos have anyway lol.

surprised you went for the alpha instead of a jupiter.

ah i've got a story about the alpha1-and that patch: right in the centre
of london, i had a police helicopter above my mansard roof, doing a
searchlight thing for some miscreant on the run, no doubt. but with their
thermal imaging, i thought(paranoid) can they see me with all the LEDs
going etc. so i gave them a couple of blasts of 'what the' and they hovered
a while longer before heading off.(and later i sold alpha to a young cop
into hardhouse) -meh, i dunno if they could see me, but i've always liked
to think so :clown:
(ended up coveting a mks50 - but i think the ones to have are probably
the keyboards, much more immediate, especially the litle alpha with
its fixed velocity k/b, if you've got the pg300)

How do i Crossgrade from Reason ReDominator?
I see it as a option but don't have any user name or code.

D-Fusion wrote:How do i Crossgrade from Reason ReDominator?
I see it as a option but don't have any user name or code.
Hi, you can fill in your Reason user name or contact support@audiorealism.se to obtain the cross-grade link..!
/Mike
AudioRealism
www.audiorealism.se

are you guys still having troubles on XP? I myself can't get it to work in Cubase 7, or Live (not even showing) or Savihost...
It's not what you use, it's how you use it...

Three months on now. Do you guys think this sounds just as analogue as the other Roland emulations out there such as the TAL synths.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

The TAL synth is on sale for £18 this weekend. I know they're based on different synths but which do you guys prefer?

It's not at all the same synths which are emulated.

TAL-UNO-LX emulates the Roland Juno 60 released in 1982.

reDominator emulates the Roland Alpha-Juno 2 (the 1 was the same at simply two cosmetic differences) released in 1986.

Both were named based on the Juno name... but they were not at all the same synths.

In the hardware versions there were no relations (there were so many modifications in the electronic components used that in fact they should never had been named in the same series). And they even didn't sound the same.

So... there can't be any comparison too between their software emulations.

If there are comparisons to do it must be on emulations of the same synth.

TAL-UNO-LX is to be compared to U-He Tyrell N6 for example, because both are emulations of the Roland Juno-60.

But reDominator can be compared only to another Roland Alpha-Juno emulation. And I know only one: the freeware Phutura, from Phuturetone. But I strongly prefer the accuracy provided by reDominator, much close to the original than Phutura, even if I enjoy Phutura which is a very good synth recalling quite well the original Alpha-Juno. But really, reDominator is not at all in the same league, much much higher.

I can add that I LOVE TAL-UNO-LX! For years! At this price of £18 it's a deal! Take it! But don't forget that it's not at all the same synth which is emulated. Both give totally different sounds since both hardwares gave totally different sounds.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

BlackWinny wrote:TAL-UNO-LX is to be compared to U-He Tyrell N6 for example, because both are emulations of the Roland Juno-60.
How is Tyrell an emulation of the Juno 60? Tyrell has two oscillators, two envelopes, two LFO's and a multimode filter (to name some of the differences). I would say that Tyrell has some layout features inspired by Roland polyphonic synths in general, but that's about it.
BlackWinny wrote:But reDominator can be compared only to another Roland Alpha-Juno emulation. And I know only one: the freeware Phutura, from Phuturetone. But I strongly prefer the accuracy provided by reDominator, much close to the original than Phutura, even if I enjoy Phutura which is a very good synth recalling quite well the original Alpha-Juno. But really, reDominator is not at all in the same league, much much higher.
Diva has the oscillator section from the Alpha Juno, possibly the filter as well. It does not have the envelope however (iirc). :)
Last edited by eXode on Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yes I know they're based on different synths. It was more a question of which plugin people prefer. CPU load, crashes, stepping etc.

I haven't bought a VST instrument for over 10 years but I quite fancy trying one. Looking at these two they will both MIDI map nicely to my System-1. Have installed both the demos and can't decide, they both sound great but not different enough in sound to buy both.

I have noticed the TAL keeps crashing me out of Ableton so I might go with the reDominator. It also has a nice chord mode too.

The TAL does have a nice arpeggiator though.

iDesignSound wrote:Yes I know they're based on different synths. It was more a question of which plugin people prefer. CPU load, crashes, stepping etc.

I haven't bought a VST instrument for over 10 years but I quite fancy trying one. Looking at these two they will both MIDI map nicely to my System-1. Have installed both the demos and can't decide, they both sound great but not different enough in sound to buy both.

I have noticed the TAL keeps crashing me out of Ableton so I might go with the reDominator. It also has a nice chord mode too.

The TAL does have a nice arpeggiator though.
CPU load... it depends your CPU (and the operating system). It depends also if you use systematically all the voices or if you use only the voices needed for the sound and composition you do.

Crashes... I have not met any crash in both. So I couldn't say...

Features... except the arpeggiator (which is very easy to replace by an external arp like Kirnu or Bluearp for example) I find reDominator much more versatile than TAL-UNO-LX (but as I said I although love the TAL-UNO-LX... and the TAL-Bassline-101).

Factory presets... the reDominator is winner, by far. And I must add that reDominator is able to import the original sysex which had been made for years for the Alpha-Juno.

I have purchased both (and even the three if we count TAL-Bassline-101 which is awesome too). I have purchased TAL-UNO-LX when it was released the first time and I follow all its updates. Then I have purchased reDominator... and I use both. reDominator has not replaced TAL-UNO-LX in my uses, they are side by side, with a huge quality as well, simply not for the same sounds: TAL-UNO-LX seems (to me) to have more aggressive attacks and reDominator seems to have much more rich pads... without counting the hoover and the envelope having adjustable levels and times (an huge improvement over the standard ADSR)!

I would say... do as me, buy both.

But if really you have to purchase only one and not at all want to buy both, really I'd say: take reDominator.

There was no arpeggiator on the original Juno-60 (the "arpeggio" could not be called seriously an arpeggiator"), there was a JSQ-60 sequencer to purchase in addition as an option). And there was no arpeggiator either on the original Alpha-Juno 2.

Patrick has developed a very nice arpeggiator on TAL-Uno-LX to be used as an "extra" feature embedded on his synth.

But myself I prefer to use a real external arpeggiator which will do exactly the same than an embedded arpeggiator... and generally even much more. And it's the case of the two awesome freeware arpeggiators Kirnu and BlueArp.

If we talk about the number of features, you can make the addition of the features in reDominator and the addition of the features in TAL-Uno-LX, reDominator is winner (simply because the Alpha-Juno had more features than the Juno-60).

And if we talk about the quality of the sounds, they have equal quality, both are the result of an excellent work to provide the most accurate sound to their respective original hardware synth.

That's why I tell you: take both if you can, really you'll understand why when you'll have them both, but if really you must limit your expense take rather reDominator, because the Juno-60 did not have at all some of the awesome features that were provided by the Alpha-Juno (adjustable levels and times for each point of the envelope, over the standard ADSR) and the hoover, and the noise source...), but also because reDominator opens you the world of the original sysex files of the Alpha-Juno.

I discovered the Juno series (the hardware originals) quite late, and have never been totally enthralled by the Juno 6, 60 nor 106, but only by the Alpha-Juno (and it was many years later). At the same years that the Juno-60 was released (the first half of the 80's) I had a Korg Monopoly and a Casio CZ-101 and both were much much much more versatile than the Juno series.
Last edited by BlackWinny on Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:11 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

BlackWinny wrote: There was no arpeggiator on the original Juno-60 (there was a JSQ-60 sequencer to purchase in addition as an option). And there was no arpeggiator either on the original Alpha-Juno 2.
You're wrong. There is an arpeggiator on a real Juno-60.
circuit modeling and 0-dfb filters are cool

penguinfromdeep wrote:
BlackWinny wrote: There was no arpeggiator on the original Juno-60 (there was a JSQ-60 sequencer to purchase in addition as an option). And there was no arpeggiator either on the original Alpha-Juno 2.
You're wrong. There is an arpeggiator on a real Juno-60.
You didn't let me the time to terminate. I had validated too early.
:)

I insist: there was no arpeggiator on the Juno-60. There was an "Arpeggio" clock which allowed to play around as with a very simple arpeggiator, but it was not what can be called really an arpeggiator.

Patrick understood it very well when he developed TAL-UNO-LX, adding a real arpeggiator to replace the very poor "arpeggio" of the original synth.
:D

I own real Juno-60 and Tal-Uno too - though I didn't use it for a while - to my recollection the arpeggiator is almost the same on both the plug-in and the hardware. You have the same modes, up, down, up&down and also the range is the same... You can also sync the hardware to rimshot for example like is emulated on the Tal-Uno with one of the sync modes. I don't know how the tal-uno arp is more advanced? I own also the kenton box for the hardware juno-60 that makes it easy to sync and has some extras
circuit modeling and 0-dfb filters are cool

penguinfromdeep wrote:I own real Juno-60 and Tal-Uno too - though I didn't use it for a while - to my recollection the arpeggiator is almost the same on both the plug-in and the hardware. You have the same modes, up, down, up&down and also the range is the same... You can also sync the hardware to rimshot for example like is emulated on the Tal-Uno with one of the sync modes. I don't know how the tal-uno arp is more advanced? I own also the kenton box for the hardware juno-60 that makes it easy to sync and has some extras
Anyway, I think that you're ok to say like me to iDesignSound (who asked the question) that it's much better to have an external arpeggiator rather than count on the embedded arpeggiator of TAL-UNO-LX?

If yes, it's the most important.
:D
Because his question was: if I had to purchase only one, between both which one would I have to take? Then he talked about the arpeggiator of TAL and I replied that it can't be as powerful as the two external specialized freewares that I mentioned (or any other external arpeggiator, the one embedded in TAL being anyway very very basic, so it can't be considered as a real advantage on reDominator).

Return to “Instruments”