XILS-Lab, PolyKB II Player, XILS 3 LE

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I wrote a little review about XILS-Lab PolyKB II PLayer.

If you are into stuff like DUNE, Elektrax, Nexus, Discovery,Sylenth etc...PolyKB II is probably not of interest. But if you want a real living true analogue moog:ish synth - this is it! :D

I also have XILS 3 LE. A brilliant emulation of the famous EMS VCS 3. Just as PolyKB II Player the XILS 3 LE is a cut down version of the full product. But it has enough functions for my needs. And the presets are just amazing. There's also a step sequenzer there. Very nice indeed.

Depeche Mode fans might know that the EMS VCS 3 was used for the bass pulse sound on the "aggro" mix and extended mix of "Never Let Me Down Again".

I've to say that XILS-Lab really do great stuff. The only thing that might not be so great are the prices for the full versions. On the other hand - it might just be worth it anyway! :)

Now I'm just crossing my fingers that XILS-Lab will release a LE version of Synthix. From what I get they currently have no such plans. :(

XILS-Lab synths are not among these in the top list here at KVR. But that probably says more about what kind of synths the average KVR user prefer then about the quality of XILS-Lab VSTi.

I also have Xils 3 LE and was very impressed with it. It only cost me £11 which is a real bargain for this synth, as you say it has a nice sequencer in it and is capable of some really differnt sounds.

Yea, the XILS 3 LE is really wonderful!
I bought it for $20 and PolyKB II Player also for $20, But the quality of those both synts is far, far higher then the price! :)

I think the price of XILS plugins is not bad at all. PolyKB II is the only synth I would want to buy but unfortunately the I can't accept the cr@ptacular copy protection. Also I got the Player version during sale for 8 bucks and that is sufficient for the time being. For 8 bucks it was a steal.
No signature here!

I too am totally blown away by these two very cheap synths!

Incredible!

For XILS 3 LE I've bought also this sounset Retrospace of 80 vintage patches from the excellent designer Xenos, at the ridiculous price of... 4 dollars!!! (3 euros!)

And for PolyKB II Player as well as full edition don't forget these two soundsets of old analog sounds: They are totally compatible with the PolyKB II Player as well as for the full version, as said here at the end of the text.

128 patches in the first pack... and 160 patches in the second pack!

Our friend Laurent (Lotuzia) took a huge part in the creation of these banks notably the latter. The french "excellence"...
:D
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

robotmonkey wrote:I think the price of XILS plugins is not bad at all. PolyKB II is the only synth I would want to buy but unfortunately the I can't accept the cr@ptacular copy protection. Also I got the Player version during sale for 8 bucks and that is sufficient for the time being. For 8 bucks it was a steal.
And for those who have never a lot of money there's a permanent "steal" at Sweetwater for the PolyKB II Player and for the XILS 3 LE.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

BlackWinny wrote:And for those who have never a lot of money there's a permanent "steal" at Sweetwater for the PolyKB II Player and for the XILS 3 LE.
They're even cheaper on JRRShop, and you can use the "group" code for an additional 15% discount:

http://www.jrrshop.com/xils-lab-xils-3- ... ad-license
http://www.jrrshop.com/xils-lab-polykb- ... ad-licenes

animehaus wrote:
BlackWinny wrote:And for those who have never a lot of money there's a permanent "steal" at Sweetwater for the PolyKB II Player and for the XILS 3 LE.
They're even cheaper on JRRShop, and you can use the "group" code for an additional 15% discount:

http://www.jrrshop.com/xils-lab-xils-3- ... ad-license
http://www.jrrshop.com/xils-lab-polykb- ... ad-licenes
Wow! Where is the world going to !?

robotmonkey wrote:I think the price of XILS plugins is not bad at all. PolyKB II is the only synth I would want to buy but unfortunately the I can't accept the cr@ptacular copy protection. Also I got the Player version during sale for 8 bucks and that is sufficient for the time being. For 8 bucks it was a steal.
Yes, unfortunately they use iLok. But they also offer the eLicenser dongle witch is at least better. We should all boycott iLok!

BlackWinny wrote: For XILS 3 LE I've bought also this sounset Retrospace of 80 vintage patches from the excellent designer Xenos, at the ridiculous price of... 4 dollars!!! (3 euros!)
WOW! $3.95 ( to be picky :) ) for Retrospace !!!
Very nice! :D

If anyone else see some nice prices for XILS-Lab products and/or patches - please let me know! :)

sfd wrote:
Yes, unfortunately they use iLok. But they also offer the eLicenser dongle witch is at least better. We should all boycott iLok!
very nice synths; i want the new XILS, but I really wish they would just use a serial number or something. I don't have any dongles and don't wish to start now.
macbook pro 2.88 GHz Intel Core Duo, 10 gigs ram, 750GB HD, Logic Studio 9
my blog and some music:
http://rabbitearsmotel.wordpress.com/

michael2 wrote:very nice synths; i want the new XILS, but I really wish they would just use a serial number or something. I don't have any dongles and don't wish to start now.
PolyKB II Player and XILS 3 LE are both without iLok/eLicener. Only a serial :)

sfd wrote:I wrote a little review about XILS-Lab PolyKB II PLayer.

If you are into stuff like DUNE, Elektrax, Nexus, Discovery,Sylenth etc...PolyKB II is probably not of interest. But if you want a real living true analogue moog:ish synth - this is it! :D

I also have XILS 3 LE. A brilliant emulation of the famous EMS VCS 3. Just as PolyKB II Player the XILS 3 LE is a cut down version of the full product. But it has enough functions for my needs. And the presets are just amazing. There's also a step sequenzer there. Very nice indeed.

Depeche Mode fans might know that the EMS VCS 3 was used for the bass pulse sound on the "aggro" mix and extended mix of "Never Let Me Down Again".

I've to say that XILS-Lab really do great stuff. The only thing that might not be so great are the prices for the full versions. On the other hand - it might just be worth it anyway! :)

Now I'm just crossing my fingers that XILS-Lab will release a LE version of Synthix. From what I get they currently have no such plans. :(

XILS-Lab synths are not among these in the top list here at KVR. But that probably says more about what kind of synths the average KVR user prefer then about the quality of XILS-Lab VSTi.
Thanks for the review and your kind words. A lite Synthix ( Now Syn'X ) might see the light in a more or less far future. So its not a desperate case.

For all those who have the PolyKB player, wich is actually more than a player as you can control up to 8 crucial parameters of the synth like filter, EV etc, you can add more sounds to it with the Analog bags 1 & 2 soundsets, that you can find on Xils lab site.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

BlackWinny wrote:
And for those who have never a lot of money there's a permanent "steal" at Sweetwater for the PolyKB II Player and for the XILS 3 LE.

Thanks Jacques.

Might be usefull to remind to people that when you buy the synths on Xils shop, you get fidelity points added on your account. That you can't get via external vendors. And of course this is better for Xils if you want to support them.

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

sfd wrote:
Xils 3 LE, PolyKB Player ( same audio engine and pristine quality than its big brother ) and one of the flahship synthesizers Oxium are only protected by serial. As are all Xils effects ( Le Masque Delay, Chor'X, Leslie, RAMSES etc, etc )

Xils3/4, PolyKB II , Syn'x ( ex Synthix ) and V+ are dongle protected however.

Also there's a promo at the moment where Xils offers you the Elicencer dongle, shipped worldwide ( If you buy the Xils 4). Then you can upgrade at any time from Xils 3 LE to Xils 3 or Xils 4 ( And you can benefit atm of the XIls 3 LE --> Xils 4 intro promo, and save more than 70€ iirc )

Return to “Instruments”