XILS-Lab, PolyKB II Player, XILS 3 LE

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

sfd wrote:Yea, the XILS 3 LE is really wonderful!
I bought it for $20 and PolyKB II Player also for $20, But the quality of those both synts is far, far higher then the price! :)
Xils 3 LE is a FULL MODULAR analog synthesizer with a live, full and organic sound. At this price ...... :)
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Lotuzia, XILS 3 LE is great but I hope we will see also a update on this little synth ;)

I don't like E-Licenser / ILok things :S
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

MillerSam wrote:Lotuzia, XILS 3 LE is great but I hope we will see also a update on this little synth ;)

There is now XILS 4. I think they have a special offer for it right now too :)

MillerSam wrote:Lotuzia, XILS 3 LE is great but I hope we will see also a update on this little synth ;)

In fact if I have well understood, XILS3 (v2.0) itself was a new version hugely enhanced of XILS3 (v1.0)... which has been kept alive with a new name XILS3 LE since it was nice to keep it as an introductory product to give amateurs a good instrument to learn the philosophy of the original VCS3 and to let them choose if they wish to go to the new version after that first experience. And the first version (now named XIL3 LE) was -and is- already an accurate emulation of the original hardware (providing even upto the step-sequencer!), the new product named then XILS3 (the v2.0) being a version having many features which had been added to improve the pleasure but were absent in the hardware. Am I right, Laurent?

And now XILS4 is a combination of two XILS3 and not only that but also with still more new never seen features.
Last edited by BlackWinny on Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Julian Ray has 50 free presets as a sample of the 500 he sells on his website.

yessongs wrote:Julian Ray has 50 free presets as a sample of the 500 he sells on his website.
Are they for XILS 3 or PolyKB II?
Also - what is the URL to those presets on hiw site? :)

BlackWinny wrote:In fact if I have well understood, XILS3 (v2.0) itself was a new version hugely enhanced of XILS3 (v1.0)... which has been kept alive with a new name XILS3 LE since it was nice to keep it as an introductory product to give amateurs a good instrument to learn the philosophy of the original VCS3 and to let them choose if they wish to go to the new version after that first experience. And the first version (now named XIL3 LE) was -and is- already an accurate emulation of the original hardware (providing even upto the step-sequencer!), the new product named then XILS3 (the v2.0) being a version having many features which had been added to improve the pleasure but were absent in the hardware. Am I right, Laurent?

And now XILS4 is a combination of two XILS3 and not only that but also with still more new never seen features.
Well actually you have 3 Xils X.x modular synthesizers :

1/ Xils 3 LE : Serial protected, one VCS3, FIXED modulations on/off ( only 29€ at Xils site )
2/ Xils 3 V2.0 : Replaces Xils 3 up to V1.5. Recently released. UI/GUI totally revamped. Added modulations. Bug Fixed. More than 200 additional pro presets. Was given FOR FREE to all Xils 3 v1.xx owners. Can be used as VST effect processor. Need a dongle.
3/ Xils 4 : Just released. Two VCS3 Cores ( interacting/) Hard Sync on Osc, many additional features, again many additional presets expecially designed for it/Need a dongle

You can upgrade from the LE version to Xils3/4, and from Xils3--> Xils 4

Addiotnal info about differences/upgrades/promo offers etc :
http://www.xils-lab.com/pages/XILS4_Dif ... grade.html

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Lotuzia wrote:
Xils 3 LE is a FULL MODULAR virtual analog synthesizer with a live, full and organic sound. At this price ...... :)
FTFY

Lotuzia wrote:
BlackWinny wrote:In fact if I have well understood, XILS3 (v2.0) itself was a new version hugely enhanced of XILS3 (v1.0)... which has been kept alive with a new name XILS3 LE since it was nice to keep it as an introductory product to give amateurs a good instrument to learn the philosophy of the original VCS3 and to let them choose if they wish to go to the new version after that first experience. And the first version (now named XIL3 LE) was -and is- already an accurate emulation of the original hardware (providing even upto the step-sequencer!), the new product named then XILS3 (the v2.0) being a version having many features which had been added to improve the pleasure but were absent in the hardware. Am I right, Laurent?

Well actually you have 3 Xils X.x modular synthesizers :

1/ Xils 3 LE : Serial protected, one VCS3, FIXED modulations on/off ( only 29€ at Xils site )
2/ Xils 3 V2.0 : Replaces Xils 3 up to V1.5. Recently released. UI/GUI totally revamped. Added modulations. Bug Fixed. More than 200 additional pro presets. Was given FOR FREE to all Xils 3 v1.xx owners. Can be used as VST effect processor. Need a dongle.
3/ Xils 4 : Just released. Two VCS3 Cores ( interacting/) Hard Sync on Osc, many additional features, again many additional presets expecially designed for it/Need a dongle

You can upgrade from the LE version to Xils3/4, and from Xils3--> Xils 4

Addiotnal info about differences/upgrades/promo offers etc :
http://www.xils-lab.com/pages/XILS4_Dif ... grade.html
I think XILS 3 LE also can be used as VST effect. I've not yet tested it. But I see that there's a XILS 3 efx.dll in the directory where I've installed XILS 3 LE.

sfd wrote:
yessongs wrote:Julian Ray has 50 free presets as a sample of the 500 he sells on his website.
http://www.julianraymusic.com/sounds/polykb.php and the answer to the ? is poly kb

yessongs wrote:
sfd wrote:
http://www.julianraymusic.com/sounds/polykb.php and the answer to the ? is poly kb
Wow! A huge collection!
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

PolyKB II Player is a great piece of software, but is very CPU demanding, that is why I don't use it as often as I mean too.

Numanoid wrote:PolyKB II Player is a great piece of software, but is very CPU demanding, that is why I don't use it as often as I mean too.
Yes, Some patches might be demanding, especially 6/8 notes chords pads with long release, and/or oscillator morphing, and stereo processing, or big unison etc.

Thus most Basses and Leads will take only 7% on my antique Quad 9650 PC ( 5yo at least) and I've made tracks with the PolyKB including up to 9 instances without having to freeze anything. The best thing to do if a patch is too demanding is first to adapt the number of voices for it. If you use only 4 notes chords, then set the polyphony to 4 ( if there's no overlap/long release ) then eventually adjust release of EVs. All Xils instruments always play in Heaven mode btw, there's no lo quality mode.

Just got polyKB LE at JRR, total bargain.

Ive authorised it but it wont import presets, the import window just doesnt appear.
Import is working in Xils LE and Oxium on the same setup.

Win7 64bit
32bit version of plugins tested in:
Sonar 64bit
Tracktion 32bit
Amazon: why not use an alternative

I only managed to import presets using the 64-bit version: after that, the presets became available for both 32 and 64-bit versions.

Return to “Instruments”