XILS-Lab, PolyKB II Player, XILS 3 LE

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

VariKusBrainZ wrote:Just got polyKB LE at JRR, total bargain.

Ive authorised it but it wont import presets, the import window just doesnt appear.
Import is working in Xils LE and Oxium on the same setup.

Win7 64bit
32bit version of plugins tested in:
Sonar 64bit
Tracktion 32bit
You need to copy the XilsFiles32.dll and XilsFiles64.dll to PolyKB II folder (one folder deeper from their installation folder).
No signature here!

sfd wrote:
michael2 wrote:very nice synths; i want the new XILS, but I really wish they would just use a serial number or something. I don't have any dongles and don't wish to start now.
PolyKB II Player and XILS 3 LE are both without iLok/eLicener. Only a serial :)
those are the ones i have. i want the new full featured XILS
macbook pro 2.88 GHz Intel Core Duo, 10 gigs ram, 750GB HD, Logic Studio 9
my blog and some music:
http://rabbitearsmotel.wordpress.com/

I've been playing around with the arpeggiator in PolyKB.

I've a few issues here.

First - I assigned a button to the arpeggiator On/Off. But I've to hold the button down all the time I want the arpeggiator to play. Not so comfortable. It's the same thing with arpeggio Up, Down and Octave.

Also, I can have it synced the host, here I've to hold the assigned button down all the time too, but only for 4/4. Not 4/8, 4/16 etc...

Assigning the envelopes wasn't easy either. Because it only says "parameter 1,2,3 etc.." instead of "Attack", "Release" etc...Also I noticed no sustain - witch parameter is that?

And....an announcement: I'm in LOVE with PolyKB II !

on this page you can see Vince Clarke demonstrating his POlykobolt (the second last in the selection meny to the right).

also snagged the JR deal total no brainer and I already had the cm version. by the way here is a forum devoted to presets for poly kb

http://www.xils-lab.com/xo_phpBB/viewfo ... bcf7f61b9d

registered at that forum. Evidently there was a bank available that had 100 + presets that were FREE. I intend to bug that person to slap those presets up at KVR.

yessongs wrote:registered at that forum. Evidently there was a bank available that had 100 + presets that were FREE. I intend to bug that person to slap those presets up at KVR.
Yes, please do!
Robert Len Stallard
True to the music...

www.RLSguitar.com
KVR Seller/Buyer Feedback

not happening there are several posters at that forum but according to the dates they have not posted there in over a year. I emailed back to Xavier( what a cool name) to see if he has them and the other users there had a user name here in fact the one guy who has posted polykb presets here at KVR was a forum member at this other forum back when they had posted their presets and I PMed him to see if he had those presets himself because it is safe to assume he did download the other presets available in that forum.
maybe he can load them up here for us all to be able to benefit from them.

yessongs wrote:not happening there are several posters at that forum but according to the dates they have not posted there in over a year. I emailed back to Xavier( what a cool name) to see if he has them and the other users there had a user name here in fact the one guy who has posted polykb presets here at KVR was a forum member at this other forum back when they had posted their presets and I PMed him to see if he had those presets himself because it is safe to assume he did download the other presets available in that forum.
maybe he can load them up here for us all to be able to benefit from them.
Great, thanks!
Robert Len Stallard
True to the music...

www.RLSguitar.com
KVR Seller/Buyer Feedback

Here is a short list of some PolyKB II soundbanks. It appears to me that there are not many soundbanks for this wonderful synth.

Analog Bag + and 2 ( Analog Bag 1 designed by: Julian Ray, Kire, Luftrum and Tzadi.

Analog Bag 2 designed by: Peter Schelfhout and Lotuzia)

PolyKB2 Free Bank ( by boombaxx )

Cobalt Ultramarine ( by Julian Ray )

Horizon (This soundset is for PolyKB. I'm not sure if it works on POlyKB II )

Kobold 1 ( $21.25 )

Morphers ( A small bank of 10 PolyKB2 patches. Also included in the ZIP are 3 Kore 2 Sounds with 8 morphing variations each. )

Bought the Player version and those two Analog Bags. Player and Factory content worked fine, but those Analog bags didn't. When I do what manual says and point the file browser to those .epkb files, and click open, nothing happens. Nothing new appears in menus.

Otherwise, fine sounds; the demos on the Xils site are not as good as the sound coming from the actual VST. Cool synth.

Too bad the full version is so inconveniently protected. ILoks and eLicensers don't work in this PC. I had to get refund from one VST for that earlier and I'm not going to try that ever again; that protection left something really wrong in Windows configuration.

Markku wrote:Bought the Player version and those two Analog Bags. Player and Factory content worked fine, but those Analog bags didn't. When I do what manual says and point the file browser to those .epkb files, and click open, nothing happens. Nothing new appears in menus.

Otherwise, fine sounds; the demos on the Xils site are not as good as the sound coming from the actual VST. Cool synth.

Too bad the full version is so inconveniently protected. ILoks and eLicensers don't work in this PC. I had to get refund from one VST for that earlier and I'm not going to try that ever again; that protection left something really wrong in Windows configuration.
Hi Markku,

could you send us the details about your system/os/daw etc via the Xils contact us utility, and we'll help you to solve the problem. A recurrent problem is installing the PkbII in a folder where you dont have write/read permissions, but maybe its something else. Anyway, please contact us and send us the details so that we can help you.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Thanks, Lotuzia, I sent details via Xils. Also, it's not probably rights issue, I inspected all relevant directories and tried Reaper with admin; no luck. I went through this thread and someone mentioned that those XilsFiles*.dll:s might have something to do with the problem, I copied those in both Reaper and polyKBII Player's directory; that didn't work either.

But the Player itself is already useful; I used it already in commercial project... XD

Thanks for posting a link to my freebank i am working on a 128 preset bank called Moons of the solar system for the poly kb2 as there is hundreds of them so plenty names to choose from and inspiration for the actual sound. Still a bit to go before it is finished nearly there. There will also be KSD,s for NI Kore and a Korg Kontrol 49 controller map for the Poly Kb2 covering most of the synth functions. I will release a 16 preset demo bank in the near future

sfd wrote:on this page you can see Vince Clarke demonstrating his POlykobolt (the second last in the selection meny to the right).
Just a precision: it's not the PolyKobol, but the synth they made three years before (in 1978), the simple Kobol, which itself was an evolution of a previous synth which had no keyboard. It was only monophonic but had already awesome functions like the "sweep" in one of the oscillators... and it had memories to save a little number of "patches" (and also it embedded a quite nice step-sequencer). Then the year later they made several versions in racks with the keyboard available as independent module. It was possible to plug the ensemble such as the keyboard was able to switch from a rack to another rack to immediately jump from a sound to another sound. Then starting from these racks they made a first version of a polyphonic system, with only four voices but it was an insane assemblage with very poor usability. But the idea of making a real polyphonic system was in progress... and in first schemas. But they were a bit overwhelmed by the scope of the challenge. It is Jean-Michel Jarre himself who encouraged them to continue. Starting from this first assemblage of racks they gathered everything in a unique box and it became the first Polykobol, the "Polykobol I" as one could call it now. This first PolyKobol was thus only in schemas when this Kobol of the video had been outed in 1978. But in 1979 the brothers Fernandez had a huge disagree and Serge left the project to create his own little company, focused only in sono and stage gear. Ruben continued alone with a little team of technicians and some women at the office duties. They were only 11, and it is one of the reason of the future problems. At this years in France the economy and the politic were in a huge period of changements. Many little companies and many artisans knew a huge period of financial instabilities. And the project thought by Ruben was much more a project for a solid great company than a project for a simple local artisan. He has had the wrong behavior that have many artisans: he took too much orders, and orders from very famous international musicians, and of course he made a total mistake also in the estimated price of the future units. He didn't imagine that this project was going to be a nightmare. In 1980 RSF has been placed in liquidation by the justice, and by an incredible miracle another little local company, ARIA, a bit more solid, bought out RSF with the current stock and only the half of the staff... for the price of just one unit and half of the future Polykobol II !

RSF being now a division of ARIA, Ruben Fernandez managed to produce 30 units after many problems in the design. It had been needed to negociate with the musicians during one year and half, because these 30 units have been sent with one year and half of delay. At the price promised at the time of the order! But to be money-making after all the insane money lost for the conception and the design of the project, the price of future units would have been three times the price of... the Yamaha DX7 which was just outed and which had a huge success. Impossible. So there have been never new units. RSF continued to produce new projects, some very nice by the way, but much more simple, notably by very good drum machines. And in 1987 ARIA closed definitively the division RSF.

Ok, so to come back to the video, it is the previous version, the simple monophonic Kobol, which was already a very nice synth.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Return to “Instruments”