Synth1 Windows Ver1.13 beta1 (2014.6.12) - 64-bit!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Synth1

zorniko wrote:Ver 1.13 beta1 (2014.6.12)

• There is no change to the previous version in functionality.
Is the GUI the same size as before?

fluffy_little_something wrote:Finally finished work for today, wanted to install Synth1 and don't quite get this sentence:
"You carry out setting initialization tool "initsettings.exe" in the directory same as this file. Then setting is initialized."

What does that exe do and which folder should I initialize to?

Where do I move the whole Synth1 folder with all those soundbanks and crap? Into the VST folder?
You drop the synth1 folder(and all contents) into your Vst folder. Then click the initsettings.exe from within the synth1 folder. Then open your DAW, refresh or scan for new plugins and your good to go. (that's what I did anyway) Any new zipbanks you add are automatically updated and recognised for you. :)

The initsettings.exe basically initialises the synth1 folder / library (default if you like)

I hope you downloaded some soundbanks too, cos the presets suck :wink:
:tu: All is good

Ah, thanks for the explanation. They should copy and paste it into the readme file :)

Um, no, I only downloaded that one file, which has several banks inside, judging from the names. But I always make my own patches, so no problem if presets suck :)

fluffy_little_something wrote:Ah, thanks for the explanation. They should copy and paste it into the readme file :)

Um, no, I only downloaded that one file, which has several banks inside, judging from the names. But I always make my own patches, so no problem if presets suck :)
There is thousands of patches on the web and on this forum. The presets are almost like a GM style bank, not the best introduction to a decent little synth.

DrewDale wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:Ah, thanks for the explanation. They should copy and paste it into the readme file :)

There is thousands of patches on the web and on this forum. The presets are almost like a GM style bank, not the best introduction to a decent little synth.
Pretty good synth for people who only need basic stuff, like me :D I wish all synths allowed users to simply change the window size like that. And it has a very pleasant sound, better than many commercial ones. Definitely a keeper :)

Would be nice if one did not have to click controls in order to change values. Waves' Element does that, saves a lot of clicking...

I wonder why there is no on/off button for the EQ.

And there is no way to control the filter velocity, only on or off?

Numanoid wrote:Is the GUI the same size as before?
As before, you can set the GUI size nearly as you like (opt->Panel Size).
Smallest size (80%): approx. 372x270 pixel
Biggest size (250%): approx. 1160x845 pixel
It`s not a bug... it`s a feature!

I like the new GUI. It has more space on it and it has a little button to the left of the keyboard that gives you Full EQ and a third Osc, plus some wave drawing device.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

RexXx wrote:
Numanoid wrote:Is the GUI the same size as before?
As before, you can set the GUI size nearly as you like (opt->Panel Size).
Smallest size (80%): approx. 372x270 pixel
Biggest size (250%): approx. 1160x845 pixel
Of course :oops:

Why doesn't mouse wheel work, when I choose "Transparency Window". Full mousewheel support would be nice.
yzcoruhT

U-o wrote:Why doesn't mouse wheel work, when I choose "Transparency Window".
It does work on my computer.

<>
Last edited by Maomoondog on Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fluffy_little_something wrote:
U-o wrote:Why doesn't mouse wheel work, when I choose "Transparency Window".
It does work on my computer.
Maybe I overlooked something. (Win8, FL Studio)
yzcoruhT

This is really great news! And I concur a fund raiser must be established for Ichiro Toda as well.
Best regards from Johan Brodd.
JoBroMedia since 1996.

Interesting what a difference the skin makes. I never tried that synth before because I found the GUI so ugly and cheap. Now that I have changed it to my liking, I have a positive attitude towards that entire synth.

I really like its sound, it is direct and bright, juicy even, a bit like AAS UA if I am not mistaken. Given its age it probably does not have 0df filters or anything like that. And obviously those CPU-devouring features are not necessary, anyway. It seems to be free of any noise such as aliasing, that is important to me.

So, is there an e-mail address where I can donate? :)

Nice synth...but there's a problem in Reaper:

Everytime I load and remove one instance, the next time I load another synth1 the presets disappear, but if I don't remove the first instance the presets are fine. :cry:

I´ve tried everything; uninstalled, reinstalled, changed the compatibility of the plugin, etc. If I use it as separate or dedicated process the presets always appear, but it uses more cpu. :scared:

It loads fine in other hosts, so I think is a problem with Reaper 32bits. I hope there´s a trick to fix this. :pray:

Return to “Instruments”