Synth1 Windows Ver1.13 beta1 (2014.6.12) - 64-bit!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Synth1

One of the greatest Synths. Finally 64 bit yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap:

:tu:
|\/| _ o _ |\ |__ o
| |__> |(_ | \(_/_|

zorniko wrote:
Teksonik wrote:Do those donations go to Ichiro ?
Yes, it is for Ichiro.
But guess what?
This fond has the total of 10 euro, from 1 donation.
For the last 4 years.

Besides, Ichiro has a direct link to this site, from his site.
You didn't noticed that?
Do you think...
Ah, nevermind, just relax please.

Page updated, just to make things more clear.
Another developer reported the same thing. I donated something and he was shocked, said I was the first one in years :P
Seems to be normal with donationware, aka freeware it seems :roll:
(Never used this one, thus I never donated anything.)

To be fair, i'm not sure how many people really know the site though. Google Synth1, and you get to the official website, with lots of japanese stuff. Donationware is mostly on a "donate me a beer or 2" base anyway. If you want money for your stuff, charge it. :P Just like TAL does now, after years of free-/donationware.

Good thing... I wonder if there's Mellotron presets for Synth1, someone know?

chk071 wrote:To be fair, i'm not sure how many people really know the site though. Google Synth1, and you get to the official website, with lots of japanese stuff. Donationware is mostly on a "donate me a beer or 2" base anyway. If you want money for your stuff, charge it. :P Just like TAL does now, after years of free-/donationware.
I think it is a matter of attitude. Do I think, gee, that guy would like to get something for his stuff, or, gee, this is so great, how can I donate something? I feel guilty if I don't :)

Very good news. :tu:
Nice to see it's still on going :clap:

fluffy_little_something wrote:
chk071 wrote:To be fair, i'm not sure how many people really know the site though. Google Synth1, and you get to the official website, with lots of japanese stuff. Donationware is mostly on a "donate me a beer or 2" base anyway. If you want money for your stuff, charge it. :P Just like TAL does now, after years of free-/donationware.
I think it is a matter of attitude. Do I think, gee, that guy would like to get something for his stuff, or, gee, this is so great, how can I donate something? I feel guilty if I don't :)
I donated 3 or 4 times for software projects, including TAL, but never got a reply, or a thank you mail. Not that i expected them to fall to their kness, and thank me, but honestly, i at least would have expected a little messag saying "Thank you for your support", but there was nothing. I found that a bit strange tbh. IMO people should charge for their products if they want people to support the development. I think it's weird to say "There you are, mate", and then rely on donations. It's ok when dev's are saying "You can buy me a beer or two if you want to", but if it's really aimed at supporting the development, then i don't get it.

I agree that it is nice to get a little thank you mail. Since developers say themselves that they hardly ever get donations, it can't take a lot of time to reply to donors :hihi:

I have received a thank you a few times, actually one of the developers was so happy that he sent me a link to another plugin of his that was not available on the site, yet :)

And another developer made more or less a custom synth for me after a little exchange of mails :)

fluffy_little_something wrote:And another developer made more or less a custom synth for me after a little exchange of mails :)
fluffy little synththing? :D
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Don't make fun of that fluffy little something, it is very sensitive and can easily turn into a ferocious beast and rip your ugly head off :D

Great news! Now hopefully the iOS version can get completed. :-)
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

If only Synth1 did not look so ugly...

Amazing! I did not quite expect to have synth1 64 bit vst plugin BEFORE Waldorfs Largo 64 bit plugin. :party: Thank you very much :)
AMD Ryzen 3900X & RX 5700XT, 128GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Waldorf Blofeld & Pulse 2, Akai MAX49 & MPD226, Steinberg UR44 & CMC controllers
Cubase Pro 13, Nuendo 13, Wavelab Pro 12, Dorico Pro 5, Rapid Composer v5, FL Studio 21

yep, hopefully ios will be next. a good synth deserves a wide audience.

Return to “Instruments”