Synth1 Windows Ver1.13 beta1 (2014.6.12) - 64-bit!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Synth1

When you use the 32 bit version of reaper you can still use the previous version of synth1 (1.12).
There was no functional change.

Just tested this plugin in its 64bit version natively in Ableton 8/64, Cubase 5/64 as well as Reaper 4/64. Platform is Windows 7/64.
In all 3 hosts I now and then get little crackles and dropouts.

And before you start chiming in for troubleshooting:
My system is very stable, lean and all other plugs are running well.
Cylinder Xeon Hexacore 3,5GHz, 64GB RAM, SSDs. DualBoot Mojave/LinuxMint. Steinberg UR22mkII USB audio. M-Audio Axiom 61.
Ableton Live 10, Cubase Pro 12, Logic Pro X
https://www.youtube.com/@landosonic/videos

UnderwaterSunlight wrote:Just tested this plugin in its 64bit version natively in Ableton 8/64, Cubase 5/64 as well as Reaper 4/64. Platform is Windows 7/64.

same here in reaper 64 bit...win 8.1 64 bit

So, I experimented further:
I used jBridge to bridge Synth1/64 to 64bit. (Yes, this is possible.)

Now in Cubase 5, as long as I do not have the mouse pointer within Synth1's GUI, there are no audio glitches any more. In jBridge I didn't tweak the settings for this plugin, by the way.

I haven't tested this trick in Ableton or Reaper yet.
I use jBridge 1.65, which is the latest version.

If you have jBridge (even an older version), you will want to replicate the successful approach I undertook.
Then, please post your findings by all means.

I wrote Ichiro Toda an e-mail and referred him to this thread.
Cylinder Xeon Hexacore 3,5GHz, 64GB RAM, SSDs. DualBoot Mojave/LinuxMint. Steinberg UR22mkII USB audio. M-Audio Axiom 61.

Maomoondog wrote:Under the keyb/more tab I would have added the ability to import Nord lead patches/banks.
Nord Lead 1-2-x-Rack to Synth1 converter was on my site for last 3 or 4 years.
Before that, SOS guys made a lot of patches, but that wasn't close.
In fact, those patches made many people believe that Clavia's sounds are nothing special.
But, on the contrary, with a right tool you'll find that those banks are VERY good, little gems from the known pros.
EvilDragon wrote:Crashes Reaper if you remove the effect while the Option window is open.
numerologia wrote:...but there's a problem in Reaper: Everytime I load and remove one instance, the next time I load another synth1 the presets disappear, but if I don't remove the first instance the presets are fine.
UnderwaterSunlight wrote:I now and then get little crackles and dropouts.
cuppa wrote:same here in reaper 64 bit...win 8.1 64 bit
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, REAPER 64-bit, i5-3570: None of the above. Works perfectly :shrug:
Maybe to check driver/device settings.
Also make sure you have synth1.ini in User\AppData\Roaming\Daichi\Synth1 or somewhere...
Maybe regtoini can repair some things, making that ini file you can edit easily?
BTW, I never used initsettings or regtoini files, so I can't tell for sure.
Sometimes features require to do start-stop, mostly when you're changing unison section or phase.
That can cause (temp) problems too.

Have a nice evening.

Same behavior of Synth1/64(jBridged to 64bit) in Ableton/64 and Reaper/64 as I described in my previous post respecting Cubase/64.
As soon as I take the mouse pointer out of the Synth1 GUI there are no glitches any more when triggering/playing notes.

Of course, one'll want to step through presets without audible errors. I do this with a button on my Keyboard controller, using a ProgramChange command mapped to that. Thus, I am not coming close to Synth1's GUI when changing to a different preset.

Numerologia:
Couldn't replicate the presets problem in Reaper 4.62/x64.

EvilDragon:
Yes, Reaper gets unstable when deleting the Synth1 plugin from an FX chain while options is open. Well anyway, this is not difficult to avoid, I think.

zorniko wrote:Also make sure you have synth1.ini in User\AppData\Roaming\Daichi\Synth1 or somewhere...
Of course I have it there. W7 SP1 Pro x64 here. There's nothing Synth1 related in my registry anymore since .ini file scheme was implemented to Synth1.

I really can't replicate that opt bug :shrug:
Who knows...

cuppa wrote:
UnderwaterSunlight wrote:Just tested this plugin in its 64bit version natively in Ableton 8/64, Cubase 5/64 as well as Reaper 4/64. Platform is Windows 7/64.

same here in reaper 64 bit...win 8.1 64 bit

I just came here to write the same:

Nuendo 5 64 Bit windows 7. Patches with virtually no cpu load have two spikes shortly ofter another, then about 30 seconds no spikes, then two spikes again etc...
Last edited by rasmusklump on Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hi, reinstalled, then used initsettings.exe, which I hadn't done before, and crackling seems to be gone, working fine now, no crackling...guys who have the crackling should maybe try this?

hmmm....

The presets problem in Reaper is only in windows XP 32 Bits, even the previous version does that, maybe is a problem with the DAW...In windows 7 64bits everything works fine but the bug from EvilDragon.

It seems like Reaper has problems with the way it handles the plugin in Xp and windows 7. :cry:

I don't have any problem in other hosts with the same plugin. :wink:

numerologia wrote:It seems like Reaper has problems with the way it handles the plugin in Xp and windows 7. :cry:
No, this never happened with 32-bit version IIRC.

EvilDragon wrote:
numerologia wrote:It seems like Reaper has problems with the way it handles the plugin in Xp and windows 7. :cry:
No, this never happened with 32-bit version IIRC.
It´s very strange. I found at the Reaper's forum a couple of guys that had a similar problem and they fixed it by reinstalling Reaper, it seems that the problem is related to the configuration of the DAW. :dog:

I´ll have to save all my templates and fxchains to do a fresh installation. :D

Yeah, that's not gonna happen over here, I have too much stuff I'd need to back up.

Return to “Instruments”