Who is upgrading to ST 3 and why?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

:
murnau wrote:
blueman wrote:
BERFAB wrote:just a $90 (at Sweetwater) upgrade is, IMHO, a no brainer.
How do you figure $90? I thought it was $99 :?
buy a gift card for $90 (you get 10% on top for free) so you end up with 99 or somehing which you can use to buy the upgrade.. :hihi:

i bought it because i want a dedicate bread&butter GM sample thing in 64bit. something that is missed noways, so IK fill a gap.
Thanks for the heads up on that. I had a spare $25 in my PayPal account that I forgot about so the gift certificate took $65 total from my bank account. Peanuts! I would have paid that for a Sampletank player for the old libraries.

I'm upgrading because I want to be able to use SampleTank XL, SampleMoog, Sonik Synth 2, SampleTron and Miroslav in my projects again without any issues. The new library will be a welcome bonus. :tu:

I'm not gonna upgrade yet.

Personally, I was expecting a little more functionality in the form of using my own samples. That bit of technology I would've paid for. With the new additions, I feel like IK went the easier route by just updating the GUI & adding features from other products instead of advancing. As most have said even the new sounds demonstrated in the videos are nothing extraordinary. I like that they have included key switching & round robin... But what about sample import, more flexible output routing, an arpeggiator (has after touch even been implemented in the midi controls?)?

I'm sure this is great for more of the newer users or those who really just want to keep ST the same while using it in 64 bit environment. I can't speak for others but I like to invest in products that will advance. I've been using ST since about 2006 (or whenever st2 came out). I bought it because it had the best sounds (and frankly with everything in TW still sounds great). Now... I'm looking to expand. For $100... I don't see an advancement.I'll wait a couple of years for a better sale... Or free 64 bit player.
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

I've been back and forth in my mind. For now, I am saying no. I bought a new 7-string guitar instead :D

Saukar30 wrote:I'll wait a couple of years for a better sale... Or free 64 bit player.
Just sit tight for another 10 years and see what ST4 has to offer... Myself, on the fence, but leaning away from upgrade in the short term. There are definitely some useful ST2/Sonik/Xpansions that I already have, and adding 33GB of just "better" versions of that content is really not my priority at the mo'... for deep-sampled (keyswitched, round-robin, etc. etc.) instruments I'm more likely to go to my arsenal of kontakt-based options anyway. And I certainly don't need another 20-25GB or whatever piano, drums, e-pianos, strings... But everybody's different.. I could certainly see the attraction for somebody in a need of a decent cross-section of acoustic and synthetic sounds... nay Bread and Butter... Speaking of which... I do enjoy a nice hearty bread with a sweet and salty butter... I'd say my favorite Bread and Butter for the moment is hand-sliced Ecci Panes Multigrain Boule, topped with a generous helping of Smart Balance Whipped Buttery Spread... which is actually not butter at all, but an organic/vegan/non-GMO oil/salt/soy mixture that really does the trick for both your tastebuds and your heart... highly recommended... :tu:
You need to limit that rez, bro.

"NOTE: JamPoints are not accepted for the purchase of this item"

FU IK
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Grow up.

Grow down.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

The reason why I upgrade is because I want all the sounds + Sample Tank 2 sounds in 64 Bit System.

If you don't upgrade, please make no reply why Sample Tank 2 is not functional on 64 Bit. You have now the chance to upgrade for a good
price. ;)
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

I only want to be able to pay for samples I need. I dont need any bass or guitar samples. I just turn on the Kemper and plug in my bass and guitars. Drums? I already have Superior so no thank you. I hate, yes I really mean it, I really hate e-pianos. Why should I have to pay for samples I wont install? Waste of money. So no I wont buy ST3.

cow-bell?
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

I most likely won't upgrade either. I really only use Sampletron, so I'll put the money toward MTron Pro.
I have a Motif and MM8, so am not hurting for bread and butter sounds.

I'm sure it will appeal to lots of new users, I sometimes forget that there are people just starting out now that haven't been collecting sample sets for a decade. :hihi: that's why I initially went with ST2 a decade ago, to get a wide palette of sounds. it's not the fault of ST3 that I don't really need bread and butter sounds anymore.

Arglebargle wrote:I'm sure it will appeal to lots of new users, I sometimes forget that there are people just starting out now that haven't been collecting sample sets for a decade. :hihi: that's why I initially went with ST2 a decade ago, to get a wide palette of sounds. it's not the fault of ST3 that I don't really need bread and butter sounds anymore.
I guess our definition of 'bread & butter' would need to be addressed subjectively also then.

STank has good sounds in the mix, and I find some of them to be more enjoyable playing than others of different players.
Where I have used STank in the past has been mostly their basses and the new STank features should make them better. I guess I would say I look more for 'ghee & manna' sounds though, so ethnic instruments (including the Appalachia's) are at the top of my list. In that regard, STank has performed nicely also. Considering a single instrument in that category can run $20.00- $100.00 and a set can reach easily to $100.00-$400.00, STank in that realm becomes a great deal, even if it turns out to be an entry level into them. I can't seem to ever get enough of those 'ghee & manna' sounds though.

I won't upgrade. And also I won't buy anything anymore from IK. Over. And I shall not comment why.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Quick question, and I apologize as I am sure that this has been asked and answered in one of the many threads about ST3. I own Miroslav, SonikSynth and Sample Moog, but not a full version of ST2. Am I eligible for a discounted upgrade price? I don't even want ST3, but understand that I need to get it if I want to use the products I have in 64 bit (in other words, there is no "player" version of ST3 that would allow me to do this without buying the full ST3 library) - is this correct?

Thanks!

Return to “Instruments”