Who is upgrading to ST 3 and why?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Mushy Mushy wrote:
kbaccki wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:Now that's it's imminent you're no longer interested.
Yes, kinda like trying to capture the wife's attention at just the right moment for sex... "shoulda asked me yesterday, cuz I was really hot for some"... ST3 upgrades, that is...
You're saying it's a case of too little too late then?
Hey now! I resemble that remark...
You need to limit that rez, bro.

kbaccki wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:
kbaccki wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:Now that's it's imminent you're no longer interested.
Yes, kinda like trying to capture the wife's attention at just the right moment for sex... "shoulda asked me yesterday, cuz I was really hot for some"... ST3 upgrades, that is...
You're saying it's a case of too little too late then?
Hey now! I resemble that remark...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Upgrading.

Taking a wait and see. IKM has already pretty well destroyed any credibility with me, but for the right price at the right time, I may bite. It would have to be a sale available through a dealer, not via the IKM website so I don't have to pay that 22% VAT. I would only want it for seamless 64 bit integration of my other 5 IKM VIs. I have VSL Ensemble Pro 5, so I already have a workaround. I'd like to not have to bother with that, but I will as long as I feel so negatively towards IKM.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

As I already have Kontakt, I think that I will save this money for a komplete crossgrade. Hope that NI makes a summer promo or somehing like that.

Nope... IK Multimedia have shown over and over they are not a fun company to:

1. register/authorize my software
2. resell/transfer my licenses

So I have moved to NI and others.

I haven't looked into ST3 too much yet, but did they end up going the AT3 route where they combined their own perviously separate packages into the new version? I must admit I felt burned having purchased Amplitube 2, Metal, Ampeg & Hendrix as separate products only to see them all bundled in AT3, with no significant discount for those who owned all these multiple products.

Because of this I never actually purchased any of the separate Sample Tank libraries (moog, SampleTron, Miroslav, etc). Are these packages now included in ST3?
My progressive rock band - free demos here!! (and if you do listen please let me know what you think!) http://www.aeonsatori.com/news/free-downloads

BERFAB wrote:just a $90 (at Sweetwater) upgrade is, IMHO, a no brainer.
How do you figure $90? I thought it was $99 :?

blueman wrote:
BERFAB wrote:just a $90 (at Sweetwater) upgrade is, IMHO, a no brainer.
How do you figure $90? I thought it was $99 :?
buy a gift card for $90 (you get 10% on top for free) so you end up with 99 or somehing which you can use to buy the upgrade.. :hihi:

i bought it because i want a dedicate bread&butter GM sample thing in 64bit. something that is missed noways, so IK fill a gap.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Hi,

I had a strong intention to upgrade - have the Studio Bundle and just been waiting impatiently for a 64bit version of Sampletank…

BUT…

today I listened to the demos on their homepage :o How should I express this; "bloody poor" is a quite nice impression for what I heard. In times where so many professional sample libraries have been hit the market and you notice that good sounds are even getting cheaper because of competition, I do not understand how you can release such a quality? While listening I thought I was back in end of 90s or early 2000….
Clearly, the size of the library would not hint to a very detailed library - I notice that library sizes are getting bigger and bigger causing a significant download time. But for all other libraries that paid off. To conquer a place on that competitive market I would have really expected more…

Hence, not upgrading :(

Cheers,
Ulrich

wait for the demo then try out: audio demos are not a good base for decisions, anyway imo most buy it anyway because of the need of 64bit for their old ST libraries not for the new sounds.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

murnau wrote:...anyway imo most buy it anyway because of the need of 64bit for their old ST libraries not for the new sounds.
Ok, from that view I understand...

murnau wrote:wait for the demo then try out: audio demos are not a good base for decisions, anyway imo most buy it anyway because of the need of 64bit for their old ST libraries not for the new sounds.
I would really only want it for my old ST libraries and combis, I have heard nothing from ST3 that sounds particularly better than plenty of stuff in ST2. I really can't understand why they haven't just released a 64 bit player for $20 or something like that - say $30 for new customers (who might want to purchase old ST libraries, either new or secondhand), and $20, a no-brainer, for old ST2 customers who don't want the new sounds - YET. Notice the word 'yet' - this is part of business and selling. Give the customers something cheap that does what they have been waiting for for years (64 bit), and hope to get some of them to upgrade to the full ST3 sample library in the future - offer them a discount, take off $20 for buying the 64 bit player, and take off more for previous purchasers of ST2, etc. and you'll make more money. It isn't rocket science, but it seems to be beyond the comprehension of IKM. They could release the 64 bit player right now if they wanted to - they would then get lets of positive feedback, loads of videos of people using ST2 libraries with the new 64 bit player, and then this might increase sales of the full ST3.

There is no way in hell I am buying ST3 just for a 64 bit player, and I am already happy with the stuff I have in ST2, which is pretty huge, as I bought loads of the expansions when they were on sale, and I have Sonik Synth and Miroslav as well.

RockIngenieur wrote:Hi,

I had a strong intention to upgrade - have the Studio Bundle and just been waiting impatiently for a 64bit version of Sampletank…

BUT…

today I listened to the demos on their homepage :o How should I express this; "bloody poor" is a quite nice impression for what I heard. In times where so many professional sample libraries have been hit the market and you notice that good sounds are even getting cheaper because of competition, I do not understand how you can release such a quality? While listening I thought I was back in end of 90s or early 2000….
I totally agree, Ulrich. I listened to the demos and thought "Is this it?" I have heard nothing that sounds better than stuff I can do with ST2, and with combis I can easily make sounds much better (for me) than anything shown in the video demos of ST3.

Mushy Mushy wrote:You guys are indeed a curious bunch.

You've spent the last x many years asking when it will be released, with growing frustration.

Now that's it's imminent you're no longer interested.

Head scratching really...
More a case of the most vocal ones being the angriest (or inpatient in this case). Now that it's going to be released those ones can finally shut up about the wait (or maybe they won't since they're still waiting), but now the ones upset about upgrade prices will be the most vocal and somewhere in-between will be the rest who weren't all that upset either way but are just deciding if it's worth it.

I personally am undecided. I'm not terribly motivated by the pre-order sale since I don't care for the new content but would like to play the old content with a new interface and native x64 support. With that said, I've never been heavily invested in their content (I reach for Kontakt or other plugins for my needs) so maybe I'll wait for a sale or some group buy in the future.

I really don't care about the onboard fx. I know everyone has their own workflow, but I like having separate fx from my instrument plugins. I find it makes life easier in the long run.

Return to “Instruments”