Free FM Synthesizer Dexed (VST Windows and Mac)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Dexed

stereosynth78 wrote:I appreciate the response! That's awesome, and seems really easy, but therein lies my problem. I have downloaded the Dexed master zip and 0.9.1, and no file from either of them shows up in the screen where the VSTs are found in the video. Is there something I'm missing there? I tried to drag the dexed.dll into Studio One from the folder, and no luck there either. I've double checked to make sure I have the Studio One plug-in extension up and running and it is.
Studio One, like all other DAWs I know, usually look for plug-in in the common VST folder. Current version supports VST2 and VST3. If your Studio One is defined to just use VST3 plug-ins, then it will not scan (and therefore, will not "see") DeXed.

Look for Options in the "Studio One" menu and select the tab VstPlugIns. If there is no location there, you need to "teach" the program where to look for them. Browse to the folder where you have the VstPlugIns, and that's it.
Fernando (FMR)

stereosynth78 wrote:I appreciate the response! That's awesome, and seems really easy, but therein lies my problem. I have downloaded the Dexed master zip and 0.9.1, and no file from either of them shows up in the screen where the VSTs are found in the video. Is there something I'm missing there? I tried to drag the dexed.dll into Studio One from the folder, and no luck there either. I've double checked to make sure I have the Studio One plug-in extension up and running and it is.
What version of Studio One are you using? There are 3 editions: 1) Prime, 2) Artist, and 3) Professional. Professional includes VST support out of the box. VST plugin support is a paid add-on for Artist (I think it's like $79 but don't quote me). Prime does not allow for third-party plugins.

If you're using professional or already paid for third party plugin support, then:

1. Launch Studio One
2. Click on the "Studio One" item in the menu
3. Select "Options"
4. Click on "Locations"
5. Select the tab for "VST Plugins"
6. Click the "Add" button and follow the steps to add the VST Plugins folder where you installed DeXed and any other plugins

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:
What version of Studio One are you using? There are 3 editions: 1) Prime, 2) Artist, and 3) Professional. Professional includes VST support out of the box. VST plugin support is a paid add-on for Artist (I think it's like $79 but don't quote me). Prime does not allow for third-party plugins.

If you're using professional or already paid for third party plugin support, then:

1. Launch Studio One
2. Click on the "Studio One" item in the menu
3. Select "Options"
4. Click on "Locations"
5. Select the tab for "VST Plugins"
6. Click the "Add" button and follow the steps to add the VST Plugins folder where you installed DeXed and any other plugins
Thank you SO much! I'm using Artist with the $79 extra add-on, and this worked like a charm. I appreciate everyone who responded so quickly.

stereosynth78 wrote:Thank you SO much! I'm using Artist with the $79 extra add-on, and this worked like a charm. I appreciate everyone who responded so quickly.
Glad you got it sorted out. This is a fun hobby/profession/whatever to get into and there's so much cool stuff to explore.

Make sure you download the carts from Blackwinny (listed on the dexed site)
http://hsjp.eu/downloads/Dexed/Dexed_cart_1.0.zip

That will keep you busy for a long time :)
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

Will DEXED work with a PLG150-DX on a Motif ES? basically I look to transmit current patch sysex to the Motif.

I don't know about .syx receive but as long as the card reads DX7 .syx, the transmit function should work.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

I want to have the performances of the DX1/5 in Dexed without layering 2 instances.

After FM7/FM8 and all the others is still no emulation here that can operate with the Performances of the Original Synths.

So please understand me the good sounds out of FM synths like DX1 or the Synclavier are always Multi-Patches!

So my question: Is it possible to make that happened in Dexed with an Update ?

Well, I can't speak for the developer but as far as I understand Dexed is an emulation of the DX7 and the DX7 alone. Which is difficult enough as it is.

I'm sure he already stated that it's a DX7 emulation, full stop.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

The DX1 is like two Dx7 in one instrument.

This means 2 Dexed in one instrument right ?

/* static noise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

Dx1 and Dx5 are great instruments and i believe DEXED is the best emulation of the Dx7.
There is more Fun with FM when you play performances not only single sounds.
Layering 2 DEXED makes the sound possible but not the feeling and controls.

I'm not sure if I get what you mean with layering having a different feeling. In my understanding, the DX1 is exactly that, two DX7 on top of each other (however, I've never had one...)

Can you elaborate on what you mean? You can, btw, play two Dexed simultaneously using Apple AUlab or a VST host that can load more than one VST.

Cheers
Seb

Dexed has the potential to be a DX1 how simple is that.

2 Dexed in one Synth with new GUI is what i try to say.

Return to “Instruments”