Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New What is KVR? Submit News Advertise
fmr
KVRAF

5737 posts since 16 Mar, 2003, from Porto - Portugal

Postby fmr; Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:33 am Re: Free FM Synthesizer Dexed (VST Windows and Mac)

layzer wrote: i believe he is talking about the banks that are 10,478 bytes instead of the standard 4k

such as "BoddickerVoiceBVRC1004.SYX"

it open up scramble in my Dexed too.

Didn't the current beta version correct this problem? Judging from the release notes, it was supposed to be able to read them well now.
Fernando (FMR)
tico-tico
KVRist

138 posts since 6 Mar, 2007, from Russia - Fishburg

Postby tico-tico; Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:33 am Re: Free FM Synthesizer Dexed (VST Windows and Mac)

planetearth wrote:And on a related note, where can I get an updated .ZIP file of all the patches? I don't remember where I got this one, but I think it was bout 60 KVR thread pages ago, and I can't find the link now. I also just updated Dexed from the Github site, and didn't see a link there for the patches.

http://bobbyblues.recup.ch/yamaha_dx7/dx7_patches.html
tico-tico
KVRist

Postby tico-tico; Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:41 am Re: Free FM Synthesizer Dexed (VST Windows and Mac)

layzer wrote:
i believe he is talking about the banks that are 10,478 bytes instead of the standard 4k

Boddicker's are really crippled, but since I have fixed versions in my folder, I guess I uncrippled them somehow.

https://app.box.com/s/ghxj6dj2ttbokxkzsrlm9cyhh8r74f9z
planetearth
KVRian

1086 posts since 10 Jul, 2006, from Tampa

Postby planetearth; Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:18 am Re: Free FM Synthesizer Dexed (VST Windows and Mac)

tico-tico wrote:
layzer wrote:
i believe he is talking about the banks that are 10,478 bytes instead of the standard 4k

Boddicker's are really crippled, but since I have fixed versions in my folder, I guess I uncrippled them somehow.

https://app.box.com/s/ghxj6dj2ttbokxkzsrlm9cyhh8r74f9z

Thanks for this and for the link to the updated .ZIP file!

Steve
I'm looking for lyricists and collaborators. Anyone interested?
Listen to some of my stuff here: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife.
layzer
KVRAF

4107 posts since 11 Jun, 2006

Postby layzer; Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:25 am Re: Free FM Synthesizer Dexed (VST Windows and Mac)

fmr wrote:
layzer wrote: i believe he is talking about the banks that are 10,478 bytes instead of the standard 4k

Didn't the current beta version correct this problem? Judging from the release notes, it was supposed to be able to read them well now.

nope. i was excited to see the new beta would read it. but they still came up jibberish.

tico, how did you fix it. there are other files in the same sysex sets folder that are
also 11k bytes that dont work.

and thanks for posting the fixed files :hug:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV-880]
SW [SYNTH1 - CHARLATAN - OBXD - PG8X - OXE - MICROTERA - KLC - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK XPSP3 PC/MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]
tico-tico
KVRist

Postby tico-tico; Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:59 am Re: Free FM Synthesizer Dexed (VST Windows and Mac)

layzer wrote:tico, how did you fix it. there are other files in the same sysex sets folder that are

The problem with these files is that they are concatenation voice's sysex messages with unidentified sysexes (maybe for performances, maybe control options for synths, i don't know).
So basically if you want to restore voice data, you should start splitting on sysex boundaries using your favorite hex-editor. Sysex header starts with f0 43 00, so it pretty easy to identify them.
If in result you get some files 4104 bytes long then you should consider yourself lucky layzer.

layzer
KVRAF

Postby layzer; Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:19 am Re: Free FM Synthesizer Dexed (VST Windows and Mac)

tico-tico wrote:
layzer wrote:tico, how did you fix it. there are other files in the same sysex sets folder that are

The problem with these files is that they are concatenation voice's sysex messages with unidentified sysexes (maybe for performances, maybe control options for synths, i don't know).
So basically if you want to restore voice data, you should start splitting on sysex boundaries using your favorite hex-editor. Sysex header starts with f0 43 00, so it pretty easy to identify them.
If in result you get some files 4104 bytes long then you should consider yourself lucky layzer.

thanks for the info, tico! i think i figured it out. i think the files that are 11k are actually
TX802 performance banks! there are only a few that i have. I own a TX802 that is stored
away. that hex stuff is alien to me, so im going to try to load them up in the 802 and resave them as individual 4k banks. thanks again!
asb2m10
KVRist

127 posts since 19 Dec, 2013, from Montreal

Postby asb2m10; Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:35 pm Re: Free FM Synthesizer Dexed (VST Windows and Mac)

tico-tico wrote:

The beta version (the version that will be released within the next week) should be able to scan the sysex if it is a stream. If you have a specific file that doesn't work; I would like to know so I could test it (and fix it) on my side.

TX802 performance sysex are actually 11589 bytes (from F0 to F7), it is not a stream; therefore not a valid DX7 cartridge. To be valid, the distance between to F0 to F7 should be 4104 bytes.
BlackWinny
KVRAF

2986 posts since 17 Jun, 2013, from very close to Paris, France

Postby BlackWinny; Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:33 am Re: Free FM Synthesizer Dexed (VST Windows and Mac)

asb2m10 wrote:To be valid, the distance between to F0 to F7 should be 4104 bytes

... including the upper and lower bounds [F0 .. .. .. F7].
It is actually the exact length of a basic SYX file of the DX7.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
asb2m10
KVRist

Postby asb2m10; Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:08 am Re: Free FM Synthesizer Dexed (VST Windows and Mac)

sergiofrias wrote:why does "MODERN" engine sounds much closer to dx7 than "MARK 1" engine?

check "brass 1" for ex.

I've re-work the way the feedback is applied between Algo 4-6 and the others... this one should be better.
I've also added support to be able to change the operator level in real time. Still needs works to make it behave like a DX7 but at least it does something.

https://github.com/asb2m10/dexed/releases/tag/v0.9.3b2
Yeager
KVRian

1107 posts since 28 Jun, 2005

Postby Yeager; Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:21 am Re: Free FM Synthesizer Dexed (VST Windows and Mac)

Hi asb2m10, I don't know what you did but this update (to me) is great. It sounds just like 0.9.0 Beta#2 which was my favourite version, there is no need for me to switch between markII/modern etc, it just sounds right, and the clap that I had problems with is back to how it should sound :hyper:
And the original Yamaha syx are readable again :tu:

So big thanks for all your work :hug:

asb2m10 wrote:
sergiofrias wrote:why does "MODERN" engine sounds much closer to dx7 than "MARK 1" engine?

check "brass 1" for ex.

I've re-work the way the feedback is applied between Algo 4-6 and the others... this one should be better.
I've also added support to be able to change the operator level in real time. Still needs works to make it behave like a DX7 but at least it does something.

https://github.com/asb2m10/dexed/releases/tag/v0.9.3b2
sergiofrias
KVRist

380 posts since 22 May, 2009, from Portugal,Azores (faial island)

Postby sergiofrias; Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:54 am Re: Free FM Synthesizer Dexed (VST Windows and Mac)

asb2m10 thank you i tested and now is fine :)
...want to know how to program great synth sounds,check my video tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/user/sergiofrias25
asb2m10
KVRist

Postby asb2m10; Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:13 am Re: Free FM Synthesizer Dexed (VST Windows and Mac)

Yeager wrote:Hi asb2m10, I don't know what you did but this update (to me) is great. It sounds just like 0.9.0 Beta#2 which was my favourite version, there is no need for me to switch between markII/modern etc, it just sounds right, and the clap that I had problems with is back to how it should sound :hyper:
And the original Yamaha syx are readable again :tu:

So big thanks for all your work :hug:

Thank you and glad to see it works. :tu:

You should hear the difference with very specific programs... especially the one with low osc. Just keep note C0 with Dexed default patch #7 : SloSwl //Y and switch from Modern to Mark I. You will hear digital artifacts/alias on the Mark I; just like the real DX7 Mark I.

This doesn't mean that the work is done and Dexed is a pure emulation of a DX7. There is still a LOT to do but we are getting there... slowly.
layzer
KVRAF

Postby layzer; Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:05 pm Re: Free FM Synthesizer Dexed (VST Windows and Mac)

asb2m10 wrote:
tico-tico wrote:

The beta version (the version that will be released within the next week) should be able to scan the sysex if it is a stream. If you have a specific file that doesn't work; I would like to know so I could test it (and fix it) on my side.

TX802 performance sysex are actually 11589 bytes (from F0 to F7), it is not a stream; therefore not a valid DX7 cartridge. To be valid, the distance between to F0 to F7 should be 4104 bytes.

ok, i fixed the 2 other corrupt files from the collection titled "sysex sets"

Set 40 Bo Tomlyn KV-103
and
Set 34 Ten No Maki KV-101

in the zip you will find the original 10k sysex files
and 2 fixed 4k files....enjoy!
https://www.sendspace.com/file/t2g3kr
resistent
KVRist

379 posts since 14 Apr, 2008, from Beneath the surface

Postby resistent; Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:43 pm Re: Free FM Synthesizer Dexed (VST Windows and Mac)

thank you for the constant updates asb2m10 but why did the mouse-wheel behavior changed? now, one can not increase /decrease the value by one whit a wheel-cycle it increase /decrease at the moment about three. please changes this to the old mouse-wheel behavior.

thanks
LOVE*FIGHT*CREATE
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments