Free FM Synthesizer Dexed (VST Windows and Mac)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Dexed

Very nice new interface :hyper:
Any chance of a read out as to what Algorithm is selected ? and also to confirm other posts here, the level and middle C knobs are not working.

:clap: ¡Si señor! Wonderful interface!
+1 The level and middle C knobs are not working. Reaper Win XP SP3
La Selección "Definitiva" de Software Musical Gratuito
https://selecciondefinitiva.wordpress.com/

Splendid GUI with just the right amount of DX7 styling!

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Maomoondog wrote:Very nice new interface :hyper:
Any chance of a read out as to what Algorithm is selected ? and also to confirm other posts here, the level and middle C knobs are not working.
You mean the algorithm number? Yeah, that would be nice, especially when we are recreating sounds from patch sheets.
Fernando (FMR)

Really like the emulation but had quite a lot of patches that produce clicks with the 0.7 version in FL Studio, has this been fixed in the 0.8?

:clap:
Great GUI!

Can there be a little dot next to the bank selected from the cart list when looking for sounds i end up loading the same bank again cause i couldn't tell which one i had already loaded and i also cannot move the level knob or middle c knob.

cubase ai6

larm wrote:Really like the emulation but had quite a lot of patches that produce clicks with the 0.7 version in FL Studio, has this been fixed in the 0.8?
Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:06 pm:
toothnclaw wrote:There are clicks on many of the patches, too loud and especially audible on pads, or if there's a reverb after Dexed. What's causing these clicks? Is this normal DX7 behaviour? Are there any tricks to reduce or remove them altogether? The best solution would be an option "Remove f**king clicks NOW!" on the Settings page.

:!:

xenophobic wrote:Can there be a little dot next to the bank selected from the cart list when looking for sounds i end up loading the same bank again cause i couldn't tell which one i had already loaded
+1

Also maybe add an option to hide the operators and leave just the bottom strip where the browser, algorithms, etc are.

Thanks for hiding the keyboard :!:

Very nice GUI indeed!

The logo should be updated. I can help with that if you want :)

Otherwise it looks nice.

Cheers!

Greetings,

Beautiful work on the GUI ! I'm building Dexed for Linux (development branch), have had only one problem:

Code: Select all

[dlphilp@localhost Linux]$ make
Compiling PluginEditor.cpp
../../Source/PluginEditor.cpp: In constructor 'DexedAudioProcessorEditor::DexedAudioProcessorEditor (DexedAudioProcessor*)':
../../Source/PluginEditor.cpp:216:60: error: 'juce::Button::ButtonState' is not a class or namespace
monoButton->setState (processor->isMonoMode () ? Button::ButtonState::buttonDown : Button::ButtonState::buttonNormal);
^
../../Source/PluginEditor.cpp:216:94: error: 'juce::Button::ButtonState' is not a class or namespace
monoButton->setState (processor->isMonoMode () ? Button::ButtonState::buttonDown : Button::ButtonState::buttonNormal);
^
../../Source/PluginEditor.cpp: In member function 'virtual void DexedAudioProcessorEditor::buttonClicked (juce::Button*)':
../../Source/PluginEditor.cpp:365:64: error: 'juce::Button::ButtonState' is not a class or namespace
^
../../Source/PluginEditor.cpp:365:98: error: 'juce::Button::ButtonState' is not a class or namespace
^
make: *** [build/intermediate/Debug/PluginEditor_94d4fb09.o] Error 1.
The same error occurs with GlobalEditor.cpp. The fix is simple, just remove the ButtonState in the indicated lines. AFAICT it doesn't affect performance, but please advise if there's a better fix.

Fedora 19 x86_64, GCC 4.8.3, latest JUCE pull.

Best,

dp

Looks lovely!

asb2m10 wrote:DEXED 0.8.0 is on it's way...

http://le-son666.com/software/dexed/dex ... sx-vst.zip
http://le-son666.com/software/dexed/dex ... b1-win.zip

Feedback is welcome !

Based on beta tests, 0.8.0 should be release next week. Then I will get my hands on the "advanced" cartridge manager.
It looks splendid.
:clap:

Just a thing... is it me or the labels are really blur?

And may I suggest this improvement for a far better visibility of the divisions between the parts?... always for the persons who like me have a visual impairment:

The different parts are visually far better isolated.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

May I also recall this feature request which greatly simplifies the way to browse among the 32 presets of a bank?

Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Return to “Instruments”