AAS String Studio VS-2 official released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
String Studio VS-2

aMUSEd wrote:For me 64 bit and the preset browser are worth it provided the upgrade is not much but I am very disappointed (although not in the least bit surprised) that there is no improvement to the sound engine - pity because this also says something about the chances of a decent update to Tassman - if they are not developing new technology but just reskinning old tech all the time then the chances of a radically new Tassman seem even more remote. They seem to be creating the semblance of development while actually not moving forwards much at all.
This is exactly how I feel about it all. They are just re-marketing their existing technology repeatedly. I guess it keeps them comfortable, but physical modeling is one of those technologies that I eagerly await new advances in. So far, I've been doing a lot of waiting. The tech is cool and has great potential, but the way it's presented to the user is very limiting and highly technical.

Also, I really don't know why so many developers are still so stuck on tiny GUI elements. Doesn't anyone have large screens? Are all developers still too young to feel eye strain??
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

I'll get that update anyway :D

But I also really don't understand these tiny GUIs. Why the heck can't they just implement 2-4 different sizes. Best would be scalable graphics. That shouldn't be any issues anymore nowadays...

come on developers, use your stuff yourself and see how it looks like :P
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

Just for information: I got yesterday a message from Uncle E:

Official release will be today ;)
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

Dear JRR, you don't NEED a mobile website, but you DO NEED to NOT have a page-centering script on your image popups!!
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Jace-BeOS wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:For me 64 bit and the preset browser are worth it provided the upgrade is not much but I am very disappointed (although not in the least bit surprised) that there is no improvement to the sound engine - pity because this also says something about the chances of a decent update to Tassman - if they are not developing new technology but just reskinning old tech all the time then the chances of a radically new Tassman seem even more remote. They seem to be creating the semblance of development while actually not moving forwards much at all.
This is exactly how I feel about it all. They are just re-marketing their existing technology repeatedly. I guess it keeps them comfortable, but physical modeling is one of those technologies that I eagerly await new advances in. So far, I've been doing a lot of waiting. The tech is cool and has great potential, but the way it's presented to the user is very limiting and highly technical.
I agree and AAS Tassman goes back to about 1999. What we could use right now is something capable of Physically Modelling a real bowed string instrument.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

I got before 1 month an answer from AAS on the future of Tassman - Yes it will get 64 Bit ;) but no other information

String Studio 2 is released ;)
https://www.applied-acoustics.com/strin ... -vs-2/#buy

Absolute Bargain for Users of VS-1
You pay only 29 Dollar to get the Update + the new sound library

If you need a cheap VS-1 I trade my license because I own the bundle ;)
Synth Anatomy

pdxindy wrote:I love String Studio... I find it one of the most expressive and enjoyable synths to play... but this update sounds really disappointing to me...

basically, they changed that GUI (which I liked just fine) and added some effects. What I really was looking for was some improvements to the sound engine like some increased modulation choices... more parameters which can be modulated, some random modulation options, an extra envelope etc, maybe a new exciter model and so on...

I'll get the update cause it is finally 64 bit... which I appreciate, but otherwise :yawn:
It was exactly what was said by many people about Ultra-Analog VA-2 some weeks before its release and until some weeks after its release.

And the time passing by, we realize that it was totally wrong. In it's specs it was not so better that the VA-1, everyone agrees with that, including myself... and in the facts and the number of users and the excellent reviews (not professional but by real users) it appears that it has been massively adopted and seems to be massively loved because these many musicians (and I'm among them) professional as amateur find it much more interesting at the usage.

So beware... it's not only at the specs that one should assess a new version of an instrument... but also (and above all) by the (aware or not) adoption made by the time passing by.
:phones:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

MillerSam wrote:my upgrade decision is 64 Bit and new GUI ;)
Yes, and for me its more the new GUI (coherent with VA-2) than the portability in 64-bit.

But above all my upgrade decision is that mention:
Reinvigorated and polished, String Studio VS-2’s multi-effect processor features our best sounding chorus, delay, phaser, flanger, distortion, notch filter, wah-wah, auto-wah, and reverb to date!
Because these embedded effects are hugely responsible of the wide extent of the sounds which can be got by a string emulator. And the notch-filter is of great use in these emulations.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

A better name than String Studio would be Pluck Studio IMO.

The plug appears to be best for plucked sounds, and not for big string pads

I love the AAS stuff, especially String Studio. Upgrade price is great. Demoed half a dozen patches and was happy to have it back (in 64 land). Bought.

BlackWinny wrote:
pdxindy wrote:I love String Studio... I find it one of the most expressive and enjoyable synths to play... but this update sounds really disappointing to me...

basically, they changed that GUI (which I liked just fine) and added some effects. What I really was looking for was some improvements to the sound engine like some increased modulation choices... more parameters which can be modulated, some random modulation options, an extra envelope etc, maybe a new exciter model and so on...

I'll get the update cause it is finally 64 bit... which I appreciate, but otherwise :yawn:
It was exactly what was said by many people about Ultra-Analog VA-2 some weeks before its release and until some weeks after its release.

And the time passing by, we realize that it was totally wrong. In it's specs it was not so better that the VA-1, everyone agrees with that, including myself... and in the facts and the number of users and the excellent reviews (not professional but by real users) it appears that it has been massively adopted and seems to be massively loved because these many musicians (and I'm among them) professional as amateur find it much more interesting at the usage.

So beware... it's not only at the specs that one should assess a new version of an instrument... but also (and above all) by the (aware or not) adoption made by the time passing by.
:phones:
While your point is generally a good one... with String Studio v2 you now have to switch between numerous different tabs to control all the parameters that were all available on one page in v1... I already dislike it and I haven't even tried it... I loved that in v1 all the synth parameters were on one page... made editing fast and easy. Now the String, Damper and Termination modules are on separate tabs... and all 3 interact very closely so editing one means tweaking another. Now you have to switch between tabs just to do that! :dog:

It's like taking the worst of Tassman GUI and implementing it into SS!

Waiting for their official email...
since last time they upgraded me to VA-2 for free.
But it is a definite I will get it one way or another.

(BTW, I'm one that has no problem with the VA-2 GUI)

I don't think it's for free BBFG ;)

You will get a library for free (Frontier) and it's 39 Dollar normally
Synth Anatomy

MillerSam wrote:I don't think it's for free BBFG ;)

You will get a library for free (Frontier) and it's 39 Dollar normally
I don't either, but I'll wait a day or too first just to make sure.

Since this is the product that got me first to buy out of their line up, it is pretty much a done deal. I've just learned to be patient with them and their sales too since I've only paid half price for three of their libraries and have eight from them gifting every so often.

Great company, in many ways.

Numanoid wrote:A better name than String Studio would be Pluck Studio IMO.

The plug appears to be best for plucked sounds, and not for big string pads
For me the name is right, because "String" in "StringStudio" stands exactly for "one physically modeled string". It is not a "violins, cellos and orchestra" library. IMO StringStudio bowed strings (cellos, violins, ethnic fiddles) are impressive. The new sounds and "Frontier" (the soundbank included in the promotion) are very interesting, too. Oh, and the GUI is clear and neat, at last.

Return to “Instruments”