Kontakt 5 xgrade no-brainer???

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Are you sure, that FM8 is a valid crossgrade base? Kontakt and Reaktor are...

Oh, I was looking at regular Komplete, not Ultimate…
Update from KOMPLETE 2-8: $74.50 SAVE NOW

Crossgrade to KOMPLETE 9: $199.50 SAVE NOW

Crossgrade for users of MASCHINE STUDIO, MASCHINE, MASCHINE MIKRO, KONTAKT 1-5, REAKTOR 2-5, GUITAR RIG 5 PRO (full sw version, but not LE, GO, XE, SESSION or other versions), GUITAR RIG KONTROL 1-5, ABSYNTH 5, BATTERY 4, FM8, MASSIVE, ACTION STRINGS, ACTION STRIKES, DAMAGE, EVOLVE, PREMIUM TUBE SERIES, REVERB CLASSICS BUNDLE, SOLID MIX SERIES, VINTAGE COMPRESSORS, SESSION HORNS PRO, SESSION STRINGS PRO
Maybe OP was asking about Ultimate, in which case you'd have to keep Kontakt (or Reaktor or whatever).
You need to limit that rez, bro.

paulbreeze wrote:Are you sure, that FM8 is a valid crossgrade base? Kontakt and Reaktor are...
Regular Komplete 9:-
This crossgrade only works for users of MASCHINE STUDIO, MASCHINE, MASCHINE MIKRO, KONTAKT, REAKTOR 2-5, GUITAR RIG PRO, GUITAR RIG KONTROL, ABSYNTH, BATTERY, FM8, MASSIVE, ACTION STRINGS, ACTION STRIKES, DAMAGE, EVOLVE, PREMIUM TUBE SERIES, REVERB CLASSICS BUNDLE, SOLID MIX SERIES, VINTAGE COMPRESSORS, SESSION HORNS PRO, SESSION STRINGS PRO

Look, just found this below

You won't be able to install and activate this version unless you own one of the required products listed above!

So basically you just need to have one of the above left in your account, any others can be sold.

So bacically I can keep/sell either FM8 or Konakt 5, then sell The Finger, 2 x Scarbee Vintage Keys Libraries, Session Strings, hmmm, sold seperately I could raise quite a bit towards the price of Komplete 9 X-grade - but, a big but is do I want/need all that content and need the re-selling hassle. It seems a no brainer... :?

You think about it, they must actually like people reselling, then others who originally bought second hand end up in this upgrade loop too(i.e. from an FM8 2nd hand to Komplete X Ultimate eventually), it's a win win for N.I.

Yes… you got it… and they like people crossgrading to Komplete as well… keep the cheapest one. :)
You need to limit that rez, bro.

I doubt all these qualify as a valid product to crossgrade, it always was: Kontakt, Reaktor and Maschine. But if you log in on the NI website, it will show you which up/crossgrade you can use and which of your registered products makes you qualify.
Then again, maybe they changed their terms.

EDIT: Looks like NI has changed their terms.... you can indeed use a whole lot more products to crossgrade than previously! Well that's great! :)

Hello all,

At this price I'll get either Komplete 9 ou Komplete Ultimate next week.

For the moment I have Maschine and Komplete elements, and I have put the libraries on an external 1000 Go USB disk, everything is working fine.

On the website they say :
- for Komplete 9 : I need 8 gigas for the application and 82 for the libraries
- for Komplete Ultimate : 10 gigas for the application and 240 for the libraries.

If I buy Ultimate can I just put the 10 gigas of the app on my PC then the 240 on my externel hard drive or is there something else?

Thanks for your answer,

T

Yep, that's possible, I have all applications on my SSD inside my laptop, and the libraries on an external hard drive. :)

BDeep wrote:Looks like NI has changed their terms.... you can indeed use a whole lot more products to crossgrade than previously! Well that's great! :)
Yeah, but it's still NI so there's gotchas. I own Absynth 4 and I have to buy an Absynth 5 upgrade (on sale for $35) to crossgrade to Komplete. Still a good deal, I guess. I'm on the fence as I've been yanked around by NI support in the past and they have a lousy track record with dropping support for products with no notice (Kore, Pro 53, B4 for starters).
You're on a subliminal trip to nowhere

enossified wrote:and they have a lousy track record with dropping support for products with no notice (Kore, Pro 53, B4 for starters).
They definitely issued a notice on discontinuation of those products before actually discontinuing them, on NI Forums at least.

Hey guys, newbie here and since it's in line with the OP I figured I'd post here.

If I cross-grade to Komplete 9 with Massive will I be able to re-sell any parts of Komplete individually, like say Guitar Rig Pro or is that not possible? Thanks in advance :tu:

Andresosodel wrote:Hey guys, newbie here and since it's in line with the OP I figured I'd post here.

If I cross-grade to Komplete 9 with Massive will I be able to re-sell any parts of Komplete individually, like say Guitar Rig Pro or is that not possible? Thanks in advance :tu:
No, don't be silly! You're Komplete 9 will be one license, the only way to sell any of it would be to sell Komplete 9 in it's entirity. :wink:

Return to “Instruments”