Does anyone still use lush 101?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Lush Life (for Lush101) LuSH-101

Oh, alright then. While you guys are rolling back the clock and lamenting the underpowered nature of your old computers I'll be rocking out with Lush.

And, to be clear, I'm not trying to pick on U-he. They do good work, too. It's their cult adherent fans that are annoying. Everywhere you go, there they are, shuffling around on their knee-pads, lobbying for the opportunity to service the great leaders ego. It's disturbing and creepy.

I don't think u he fans are that bad. I think native instrument fanboys are way worse. I don't mind people liking any synth, but I agree with those who own old computers are missing out.

Robmobius wrote:TAL is great. But Lush has more beef in the low end imo, so I prefer it for bass.

There's a lot of really good synths out there, that people don't really mention here, not sure why.

lol i don't buy that for one second. tal was very close with his juno 60 plugin. if bassline is as close an emulation to sh101 as uno lx was to the juno 60 then bassline is much more authentic. not saying it is, but that would seem to be the case.

TonyVegas wrote:Oh, alright then. While you guys are rolling back the clock and lamenting the underpowered nature of your old computers I'll be rocking out with Lush.

And, to be clear, I'm not trying to pick on U-he. They do good work, too. It's their cult adherent fans that are annoying. Everywhere you go, there they are, shuffling around on their knee-pads, lobbying for the opportunity to service the great leaders ego. It's disturbing and creepy.
Clearly you have some unresolved impulses... and some jealousy too :hihi:

kbaccki wrote:
pdxindy wrote:luSH-101 did not get off to a great start. Initially the GUI was so small that on larger monitors it was hard to see and to select certain controls. Also, luSH-101 is really heavy on the cpu... some of the factory presets I could not play 3 note chords without crushing the cpu.
And you can roll the clock back even a bit more... the initial preview/demos/announcement/excitement of the "Shiotir!" thread goes back to freaking Sep 2009. Lush-101 was released just over 3 years later. D16 is certainly free to set their own priorities and whatnot... but in the future, do not get the natives restless 3 years in advance. You only set yourself up for waning interest and potential disappointment. Lots of good quality synth products came out in those 3 years. That being said, lush-101 sounds very very good... as good as any of the other very very good sounding synths in the market... if lush-101 were a potato, it would be a very very good potato.
That for me is the lack of appeal... it is a potato... even the best potato is not that flavorful compared to other foods. LuSH-101 is kinda tame. :ud:

pdxindy wrote:
TonyVegas wrote:Oh, alright then. While you guys are rolling back the clock and lamenting the underpowered nature of your old computers I'll be rocking out with Lush.

Clearly you have some unresolved impulses... and some jealousy too :hihi:
i don't think urs has such an over dimensioned ego…and both Lush101 and Diva are outstanding instruments !

Krakatau wrote:and both Lush101 and Diva are outstanding instruments !
Indeed... users have never had it so good as far as software synthesis... there are so many quality synths available now!

pdxindy wrote:
kbaccki wrote:
pdxindy wrote:luSH-101 did not get off to a great start. Initially the GUI was so small that on larger monitors it was hard to see and to select certain controls. Also, luSH-101 is really heavy on the cpu... some of the factory presets I could not play 3 note chords without crushing the cpu.
And you can roll the clock back even a bit more... the initial preview/demos/announcement/excitement of the "Shiotir!" thread goes back to freaking Sep 2009. Lush-101 was released just over 3 years later. D16 is certainly free to set their own priorities and whatnot... but in the future, do not get the natives restless 3 years in advance. You only set yourself up for waning interest and potential disappointment. Lots of good quality synth products came out in those 3 years. That being said, lush-101 sounds very very good... as good as any of the other very very good sounding synths in the market... if lush-101 were a potato, it would be a very very good potato.
That for me is the lack of appeal... it is a potato...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSk_37So0Xk
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

I use it all the time, definitely one of the lushest synths out there for dance music, and IMHO one of the few software synths the generally comes across as luscious.

BP filter tweaking with the built in distortion is killer!
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

I'm not a fan of U-He (until today, of course everything can happen in the future, and by the way I have a great respect for his expertise in his job, obviously great creations... and I like him at least for his nice kindness, even if I have never bought anything from him). For the moment, the only things that I have from U-He is his three excellent freewares, especially Triple Cheese whilst it seems often forgotten when one talk about them. By the way we were not at all evoking U-He, we were talking about the use or not of LUSH-101 and the purpose for which it had been made (it was claimed by D16 as an emulation of SH-101), and that's why I told that TAL-Bassline-101 is a far better emulation than LUSH-101 because it doesn't try to make anything else than that and therefore the development has been totally focused on the most accurate fidelity of the sounds and of the parameters to tweak it (TAL-Bassline-101 which is not at all a creation from U-He but from Togu Audio Line! I don't see at all what Urs Heckman has to do with that since he has NEVER claimed that one of his synths was an emulation of a SH-101 and if he reads my present lines, I think that he can confirm what I say here!)
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

This is a good point. However, during the two big D16 sales that have happened since these issues were improved, we sold hundreds of LuSH-101's. It's strange because LuSH-101, DCAM Synth Squad, and Element are by far our three biggest softsynths and none of them get much talk around here these days. We carry Tone2 and do well with their synths, too, but not nearly to the extent of those three.

TonyVegas wrote:And, to be clear, I'm not trying to pick on U-he. They do good work, too. It's their cult adherent fans that are annoying. Everywhere you go, there they are, shuffling around on their knee-pads, lobbying for the opportunity to service the great leaders ego. It's disturbing and creepy.
If someone is familiar with and a fan of some of the better classic analog synths, there are really only a few options out there. So while it's true that we may be strapping on knee pads, at least we're only spreading the love around to a few developers and not the whole football team. ;)

I was just messing with it.

I bought a five dollar theremin and jacked it into Midiguitar and played Lush with it. It was pretty cool.

kaeila wrote:I was just messing with it.

I bought a five dollar theremin and jacked it into Midiguitar and played Lush with it. It was pretty cool.
Yeah.. well... I did that last night with Diva... sooo... yeah... whatevs...
You need to limit that rez, bro.

Uncle E wrote: we sold hundreds of LuSH-101's. It's strange because LuSH-101, DCAM Synth Squad, and Element are by far our three biggest softsynths and none of them get much talk around here these days.
Bought and not used? CPU/Interface?

Probably.

Return to “Instruments”