Does anyone still use lush 101?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Lush Life (for Lush101) LuSH-101

I LOVE the interface. It could use syncable lfo's, but it's great! That's one of the main reasons I fell in love with it.

Fantastic machine way deep ,people have yet to scratch the surface with it .
http://www.voltagedisciple.com
Patches for PHASEPLANT ACE,PREDATOR, SYNPLANT, SUB BOOM BASS2,PUNCH , PUNCH BD
AALTO,CIRCLE,BLADE and V-Haus Card For Tiptop Audio ONE Module
https://soundcloud.com/somerville-1i

kbaccki wrote: Yeah.. well... I did that last night with Diva... sooo... yeah... whatevs...
It's dangerous to go alone. Here, take these:

My gardening days are long over.
You need to limit that rez, bro.

DCAM and Lush 101 are all good synths - no doubt

My personal feeling is both of them have poor marketing. Lush 101 has very slow development pace and so do DCAM. To make ppl talk and buy/use the synth, they should do some kind of marketing / promotion
e.g. recuriting Beta users, discount (ha, they sometimes do) and most important, find third parties to release presets.

Not to mention more youtube tutorials.

Uncle E wrote:
pdxindy wrote:luSH-101 did not get off to a great start. Initially the GUI was so small that on larger monitors it was hard to see and to select certain controls. Also, luSH-101 is really heavy on the cpu... some of the factory presets I could not play 3 note chords without crushing the cpu.
This is a good point. However, during the two big D16 sales that have happened since these issues were improved, we sold hundreds of LuSH-101's. It's strange because LuSH-101, DCAM Synth Squad, and Element are by far our three biggest softsynths and none of them get much talk around here these days....
In the world of audio plugins its often the few who decide for the many.
BUT Lush is slowing making its way to the world of "respected" synths.
After all, it really does sound exceptional.

LimboLoves wrote:Nobody talks about it, but it's a great synth.
I love Lush, you can do so much with it.

Just completed a one synth challenge with it.
All instruments from Lush 101, presets from "Lush Life".

https://soundcloud.com/vintage-synth-pa ... 6-lush-101

PatchAdamz wrote:I love Lush, you can do so much with it.

Where did that happen?

Uncle E wrote:
PatchAdamz wrote:I love Lush, you can do so much with it.

Where did that happen?

About 20 minuets ago. (Thanks for your interest) :)

Yep, you can spend hours on end tweaking those lush filters. Add the great effects package and your day is gone.

There are lots of cheap offers in the marketplace for it, I'm guessing the only reason for this, it's quite CPU hungry. An amazing synth.

I had a bad start with it for ages (i did the mistake to compare it with my original 101, and couldn't get any of the "bounce" that kriminal mentioned in another thread and that is so familiar to sh101 owners), but recently i created a few good things with it by avoiding copying classic SH sounds. The results were actually very interesting... It became one of my favourite synth for pads and can do a pretty good string machine emulation. The effect section is a major plus. Obviously, my CPU hates it in those situations tho...
It's not what you use, it's how you use it...

andy4trance wrote:There are lots of cheap offers in the marketplace for it, I'm guessing the only reason for this, it's quite CPU hungry.
It's also because it goes on sale for 40-60% off a couple times a year.

CPU can be on the high side, but there are things that you can do to manage that.

The tune above (in my previous post) has multiple instances of Lush.
All the bass, pads, leads, guitars presets etc. were done using Lush (everything but drums).

Each track was froze at 32 bits and Lush removed directly after each track.
This turned each track into an audio recording which completely freed up the processor for other things.

This technique is very useful if you do multiple tracks with any of the newer, high CPU soft synths.

The exchange rate is now about €149 = $161,5

So why continue selling the synth at $189 ?

I expect the main currency for a Polish dev is Euro, so why overcharge USD customers ?

Just bought lush maybe week ago.. Great piece of software ^^

Return to “Instruments”